What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

super_coach

First Grade
Yes, a good goal kicker from memory?

But the young PNG fella is prob a good fighter, with having a last name of Longbut, he'd be coping it :D:D:D

Kevin Longbottom..great goal kicker..after he retired he became a leading golf caddie if my memory is correct. It was a long time ago. There was another Longbottom a few years back who played for Souths and than went to Randwick rugby

Tigerm

First Grade
Lol @ @Tigerm and his interest in astronomy.

The team is especially f**ked up this year, the coach is about to be sacked, the members are asking for refunds and he’s staring into space, pondering the mysterious beauty of this “moon” thing.

A romantic at heart.
Hahaha
I know it's devastating to some, but I don't think the coach will be sacked at this time? We'll go on a run of wins and all will be forgotten and forgiven.

Last edited:
Hahaha
I know it's devastating to some, but I don't think the coach will be sacked at this time? We'll go on a run of wins and all will be forgotten and forgiven.
Did you wave to the aliens on moon thing?!!

Maybe you saw a prop we could sign in your telescope?!

I note you haven’t challenged my other points. Agreement then?!! Lol.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Lol @ @Tigerm and his interest in astronomy.

The team is especially f**ked up this year, the coach is about to be sacked, the members are asking for refunds and he’s staring into space, pondering the mysterious beauty of this “moon” thing.

A romantic at heart.
Not my fault you choose to live in an environment where you can't see the stars:cool::D:p

I hope Farah isn't afraid to tell the boys to dig in and have a f**king go when they are bludging.
The trainer being an ex has certainly worked with other clubs, Sutton at Souths, Ryan Hoffman at the Storm, Peter Wallace did it at Penrith, Alfie Langer etc. Ronnie Palmer had his last 1st grade game 26 years ago, maybe his knees are shot.

I don't think Farah would be afraid to speak his mind, I think it would work with the likes of Adam Douhei and young Simpkins, Farah apparently was working with the 9's over the summer.

Brooks on the other hand, well Brooks always looks intimidated by Farah and Marshall so if Farah was going to get up him, I think Brooks will not just get back in his shell, he'll stay there.

I wonder though if Madden would see Farah on the field as a bonus, perhaps he enjoyed working with Farah over the summer alongside Simpkins.

The Sharks football department is preparing to table Reynolds a three-year deal through until the end of 2024 valued at around the $2.4 million mark.

Adam, is 30 this year, thoughts on this size contract?

Something we would have done in the old days I think?

If reports are true this is less than we're paying Brooks. Reynolds is 10 times the player Brooks will ever be

Perth Tiger

Bench
If reports are true this is less than we're paying Brooks. Reynolds is 10 times the player Brooks will ever be

Brook reportedly signed for 2.4 million over 4 years when he first signed his extension. Yet every article seems to increase his value just to make us look bad to the stage that articles aspire saying he is earning 900k plus which is just flat out bullshit.

I believe Brooks in on around 600 but probably has incentives for making rep teams or finals, which he will never achieve so won’t get any extra.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It really would be great to understand from players who have knocked us back why they didn't want to sign with us.

I looks at Bulldogs in the way they are signing players left right and centre yet they have been absolutely shit house the last 5 years.

It really must come down to the organisation as a whole. Young guns love playing for us for a while then it seems they graduate to a more professional team.

Or maybe we just lack that one or two players that other players want to play with. If only Tedesco did us a solid and came back to help us get the finals monkey off our back