What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our next fullback

blacksafake

First Grade
I don't believe Cody has the prototype body for the modern day fullback. Maybe I'm wrong but unless he fills out a fair bit (and he already has this season) he'd get monstered back there. The one outside who would be currently available would be Hynes from the Storm and I wouldnt have an issue if we signed him.
I like Hynes,heard him on the radio saying he’s happy playing at the storm as a backup one but would be open to offers of playing six.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Look at the evolution of JAC to see what can happen to spindly, gangly thin quick kids.

If Ramsey can in anyway follow that programme we will have a cracking good player.

Sometimes is is time alone that gives you the result in respect of body shape.

In the case of JAC, it's time plus a LOT of recent weights imo.

j0nesy

Bench
I see major problems w Dufty, the same size as Papanhauzen, similar speed but a completely different commitment to the game...his defence on our line for the Roosters 3rd try was deplorable, I mean it was a slap at best and he was our last line of defence 1metre out ...he's not the future...and he will not improve much more...there's something eerily wrong w his game...he would be a smash hit in the ESL where i suggest he goes for 2 years to man up...

We need a steady FB that can defend, play the line and more importantly marshall the troupes...I cant believe i saw Manu go to FB yesterday and the roosters didnt miss a beat in fact they were better w Manu at FB than there were w Tedesco in the 1st half!! How does that happen??

we had one in Dugan, and this forum was up in arms about his lack of attacking flair (in particular his passing game). I’m not sure we’ve got many points in us without a creative fullback. Unless perhaps we get a major upgrade at 5/8th.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
we had one in Dugan, and this forum was up in arms about his lack of attacking flair (in particular his passing game). I’m not sure we’ve got many points in us without a creative fullback. Unless perhaps we get a major upgrade at 5/8th.
Or move our playmaking fullback to 5/8 and get a solid fullback that helps put us in positions where we can score points more often.