What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Smug Panther

First Grade
That's probably why he got the gig. So he could recruit our players. He would have been doing as his masters commanded in chasing Leniu, Staines, and so on.
We are the best side in the comp with the best squad, where else would a struggling club look to recruit players from?

Whino

Bench
f**k me a few of you are a bit over sensitive when it comes to Barrett. He’s done nothing wrong, he’s allowed to recruit players.

I don't have a problem with him signing players. If he wants to target our players there is nothing we can do about. It is the way the player market is.
If I was a coach I would target a few of our players.
The problem I have is Barrett claiming he is only targeting the players we don't want. When in the past he has targeted and bumped up the price of players we wanted to keep. Staines and Leniu. Possibly Crichton too.

If Barrett wants to target our players fine. But don't come out with the lying bullshit of targeting our scraps.

betcats

Referee
f**k Barrett and the dogs. I have no problem admitting I have enjoyed watching him take the bulldogs backwards so far. Its a big achievement to take a side that was so bad last season and somehow make them worse. I'd say if he cant get them close to the 8 next year his NRL head coaching career is done.

The_Frog

First Grade
We are the best side in the comp with the best squad, where else would a struggling club look to recruit players from?
Of course. My point was that the reason he was signed was not because he is such a great coach, but because of the players he could bring to them, mostly from us.

Jane Murray

Bench
All info about it seems to be gone.
From zero tackle. Alexander said that as a tongue in check comment. Burton will be a bulldog player next year.

Could Panthers young gun Matt Burton backflip on Bulldogs deal?
Earlier this week Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher called for Burton to backflip on his Belmore deal and remain at Penrith.

BY
BEN COTTON
-
EDITOR IN CHIEF
APRIL 30, 2021

https://www.zerotackle.com/wp-conte...mages-1308023499-696x464-removebg-preview.png
Could Panthers young gun Matt Burton backflip on his deal with the Canterbury Bulldogs and stay at Penrith?

The emerging halfback has signed a two-year deal with the Bulldogs from 2022, with a player option for a potential third season.

Originally expected to struggle for opportunities at Penrith in his preferred five-eighth role, Burton has flourished in the centres this season for the undefeated side.

Penrith legend Greg Alexander joked that the 20-year old won’t go anywhere after his impressive form.

“He’s backflipping, he’s not going to the Dogs,” a tongue-in-cheek Alexander said on Morning Glory with Matty Johns.

Matt Burton is now playing in the centres, and he’s keeping out the centres that were playing centres.

SEE ALSO: Eels star Mitchell Moses knocks back massive Broncos offer, set to re-sign

https://www.zerotackle.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/GettyImages-1276743755.jpg
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA – SEPTEMBER 26: Matt Burton of the Panthers celebrates scoring a try during the round 20 NRL match between the Canterbury Bulldogs and the Penrith Panthers at ANZ Stadium on September 26, 2020 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Matt King/Getty Image
Earlier this week Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher called for Burton to backflip on his Belmore deal.

Fletcher told The Sydney Morning Herald earlier this week it would be in the best interests of Burton’s career to remain at Penrith.

“For his development and his future, he would be far better staying with us next year,” Fletcher said.

“He’s a young bloke and his future would be assured here. He will keep climbing the ladder with us. I don’t know if that will be the case at the Bulldogs. One player can’t win games on his own.”

Burton has played 11 NRL games for the Panthers since making his first-grade debut in 2019.

WestyLife

First Grade
From zero tackle. Alexander said that as a tongue in check comment. Burton will be a bulldog player next year.

Could Panthers young gun Matt Burton backflip on Bulldogs deal?
Earlier this week Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher called for Burton to backflip on his Belmore deal and remain at Penrith.

BY
BEN COTTON
-
EDITOR IN CHIEF
APRIL 30, 2021

https://www.nospam21.com/wp-content...mages-1308023499-696x464-removebg-preview.png
Could Panthers young gun Matt Burton backflip on his deal with the Canterbury Bulldogs and stay at Penrith?

The emerging halfback has signed a two-year deal with the Bulldogs from 2022, with a player option for a potential third season.

Originally expected to struggle for opportunities at Penrith in his preferred five-eighth role, Burton has flourished in the centres this season for the undefeated side.

Penrith legend Greg Alexander joked that the 20-year old won’t go anywhere after his impressive form.

“He’s backflipping, he’s not going to the Dogs,” a tongue-in-cheek Alexander said on Morning Glory with Matty Johns.

Matt Burton is now playing in the centres, and he’s keeping out the centres that were playing centres.

SEE ALSO: Eels star Mitchell Moses knocks back massive Broncos offer, set to re-sign

https://www.nospam21.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/GettyImages-1276743755.jpg
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA – SEPTEMBER 26: Matt Burton of the Panthers celebrates scoring a try during the round 20 NRL match between the Canterbury Bulldogs and the Penrith Panthers at ANZ Stadium on September 26, 2020 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Matt King/Getty Image
Earlier this week Panthers CEO Brian Fletcher called for Burton to backflip on his Belmore deal.

Fletcher told The Sydney Morning Herald earlier this week it would be in the best interests of Burton’s career to remain at Penrith.

“For his development and his future, he would be far better staying with us next year,” Fletcher said.

“He’s a young bloke and his future would be assured here. He will keep climbing the ladder with us. I don’t know if that will be the case at the Bulldogs. One player can’t win games on his own.”

Burton has played 11 NRL games for the Panthers since making his first-grade debut in 2019.

So it was a joke.

Fangs

Coach
Ahh geez. People are gonna hate us. And they'll hate Burton for a little while too.

Still, why let him go if he wants to stay? He has found a home at left centre and is an obvious fit for the halves if 6/7 go down.