What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SJ return anyone?

Scott

Bench
Doesn't Shaun want to win a premiership?
Listening to him on the recent 'Bloke in a Bar' podcast, he said that the premiership was a priority.

If that is the case, his best option is to say at Cronulla had play alongside Adam Reynolds.

It will be an interesting watch, does he stay there for $400k per season, or chase the big money at Brisbane. What's he made of??

SmashEmBro

Juniors
The article says he wanted 1.6 mill over 2 years (800 a year) and the sharks offered one year on half of that (400 a year). Am I reading that right?

If so, lets offer him 500 (which is more than the sharks) and see what he says. Probably wont happen though if the senior players are dirty on him (and rightly so).

He wont win a premiership, but I reckon he will go to the broncos on a big payday.

It will be interesting to see if any of the boys come out and rubbish those claims - it really can only be a handful of the senior players and I would have thought with rep honours, most of them have played with SJ out side of the Warriors and would be professional enough to welcome him back under the right circumstances.

With that being said, 800k is not the right circumstances, maybe this was a contributing factor in their decision.

5 or 6 hundred k tho? Maybe that’s a different story. At 500k we would still have a bit more money to spend, and if Jazz, Ah Mau or Nikorima was moved on at the end of the year, we would have enough to get a top flight hooker

sup42

Juniors
Just on the bring back old Warriors, saw Wairangi Kopu in the local Countdown, he is playing for Taniwharau....(Huntly for those who don't know).

Gee we had some local talent back then, guys that came from the boon docks and done good.

Good to see the brother back home and representing grass roots.

spear tackle

Juniors
Ah yes, I meant Foran rather than Green. The years following this team have becomes a hazy mist of disappointment, bitterness, and regret. Imagine the pleasure of being a genuine roosters or storm supporter? Us, it's relentless self-flagellation.

Thanks for that, I nearly spat my coffee all over the computer screen laughing, but you are quite right.

Blair

Coach
Just on the bring back old Warriors, saw Wairangi Kopu in the local Countdown, he is playing for Taniwharau....(Huntly for those who don't know).

Gee we had some local talent back then, guys that came from the boon docks and done good.

Good to see the brother back home and representing grass roots.

A love a good blast from the past. When my old man was a bit fitter he used to fly up to Auckland for the annual clash with Manly, and meet up with his brothers and cousins. We used to roll Manly and I get sentimental thinking of dad up there in the stands having a ball.

One game stands out, we won about 26-12, and big Wairangi stormed up the right flank for his part in an exciting try that went most of the field. So cheers to Wairangi. He may be wandering around supermarkets like the average Joe now but, gee, players like him brought a lot joy to loyal fans like my old man.

sup42

Juniors
A love a good blast from the past. When my old man was a bit fitter he used to fly up to Auckland for the annual clash with Manly, and meet up with his brothers and cousins. We used to roll Manly and I get sentimental thinking of dad up there in the stands having a ball.

One game stands out, we won about 26-12, and big Wairangi stormed up the right flank for his part in an exciting try that went most of the field. So cheers to Wairangi. He may be wandering around supermarkets like the average Joe now but, gee, players like him brought a lot joy to loyal fans like my old man.
First truly fit locally developed NZ NRL player. He had a huge motor. Not surprising Melbourne took him on in his twilight years.

Nice memories btw.

Some great times gone by, truly better than what we have had for such a long long time.

When anything could happen....because the Warriors could fire at any time in any game and keep you engaged....

Meth

Staff member
And Luke

I truly thought we had it made when we got Luke...

Luke - Green - SJ - RTS

Could have been a premiership winning spine...

(if we had a better forward pack)
(and Luke was from South's vintage)
(and SJ wasn't such a f**king ego princess)
(and Green wasn't the world's 3rd slowest professional sportsperson)
(and RTS didn't have to be a battering ram)
(and our coach wasn't a potato head).

I thought we had it made with RTS/Foran/Johnson/Luke

nswarrior

Juniors
Bring back SJ I say even though he is a back stabbing, Princess

left us because he thought he was worth $1.2m but took $800k from Cronulla which was the same as we were willing to offer

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I was happy enough with SJ leaving, but I’m a bit surprised everyone has turned against him so much now? Last year was one of his best seasons, and getting SJ on the cheap would be the best value half available on the market

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I was happy enough with SJ leaving, but I’m a bit surprised everyone has turned against him so much now? Last year was one of his best seasons, and getting SJ on the cheap would be the best value half available on the market

Agree fully. Led the league in try assists last year as well as 18 forced drop outs… that’s why I say if he was in our team right now wed go from pushing top 8 to pushing top 6. A half who sets up try’s and builds pressure…would be nice.

Note: SJ has run for over 100m as of 5 min into the 2nd half against Storm…very unlike SJ!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Thought he played pretty well in that game, a couple of wayward passes early but got his eye in later. Storm way too classy though in the end.

Izz

Bench
Watched an interesting clip on nrl.com the other day. Asking players who they'd give the ball to on their team in the clutch moments. SJ was first up & he wanted to say himself. Interestingly, none of the other Sharkies interviewed said they'd give him the ball in the clutch. Think they all went with Moylan lol

Leber

Bench
Watched an interesting clip on nrl.com the other day. Asking players who they'd give the ball to on their team in the clutch moments. SJ was first up & he wanted to say himself. Interestingly, none of the other Sharkies interviewed said they'd give him the ball in the clutch. Think they all went with Moylan lol

You kinda get the impression that sj isn’t particularly popular with teammates

Blair

Coach
It's important to remember that, not only wasn't Johnson part of the Stupid Six, he was part of the group of players that took the field the weekend after and made a serious statement about where they wanted the club culture to be.

Latest posts