What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Tigers

kit66

Bench
Wow really? What an ordeal!
That’s a bit negligent isn’t it? Didn’t they know about your meds before giving the needles?

They had most of my details but not all my medication. I just happened to mention the Blood Thinners when they said there could be a lot of bleeding - it's a big molar right at the back. Long story but it wasn't my usual dentist either.

thebigredv

First Grade
Stating the obvious here but if we come out lethargic and backpedalling for this one it will be a long season. This would mean the coach has to drop some usual starters a la Raiders. We need to rediscover our mojo immediately.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Specially when the bookies give the Tigers 10 1/2 start
whenever we are roaring favourites it never normally ends well
I sense a Tigers ambush, they have been heavily criticised & copped some thrashings. They will be up for this game after a good old fashion group bonding session on the beers earlier this week.
Dragons of the past never fail to disappoint on honouring career retirements with lacklustre performances.
Hook needs to have them primed or else!

Crush

Coach
I sense a Tigers ambush, they have been heavily criticised & copped some thrashings. They will be up for this game after a good old fashion group bonding session on the beers earlier this week.
Dragons of the past never fail to disappoint on honouring career retirements with lacklustre performances.
I don’t think it’s the classic “ambush” scenario.
Dragons are also coming off the back of a terrible performance themselves.
Maybe the bookies have us as big favourites but I think most dragons fans can see we will need to play well to win.
If they play with a do or die attitude they win, anything less and Tigers will have a day out.

I don't know about that, you'd think we would have put the Beagles to the sword after the effort in the Souths game, we had a try rightly disallowed and then Manly scored 40 unanswered points. We spent a shit tonne of the first 30 mins camped in their 20 and could not manage more than one try.

Your lot have also shown they are very capable defensively. When you're plaing the Tigers, that's about 90% of the battle won there. I expect the Dragons to win, and to win well.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I don't know about that, you'd think we would have put the Beagles to the sword after the effort in the Souths game, we had a try rightly disallowed and then Manly scored 40 unanswered points. We spent a shit tonne of the first 30 mins camped in their 20 and could not manage more than one try.

Your lot have also shown they are very capable defensively. When you're plaing the Tigers, that's about 90% of the battle won there. I expect the Dragons to win, and to win well.
I sure Hope So.....but it’s a funny game and anything is possible with the Bunker Shit!

Walpole

Juniors
Put simply, this is a game we should win well if we're a genuine chance of sneaking into the finals this year. With the Tigers and Bulldogs the next two weeks we really need to be 6-3 after round 9. Building up wins early and getting some confidence is very important because I don't know if anyone's noticed but our run into the finals includes South twice, Canberra, the Roosters and Penrith in 5 of the last 6 games.

Old Timer

Coach
Put simply, this is a game we should win well if we're a genuine chance of sneaking into the finals this year. With the Tigers and Bulldogs the next two weeks we really need to be 6-3 after round 9. Building up wins early and getting some confidence is very important because I don't know if anyone's noticed but our run into the finals includes South twice, Canberra, the Roosters and Penrith in 5 of the last 6 games.
Mc Fookknuckle would have loved that scenario in the run home and what a presser he would have delivered talking about it

Probably would have identified the other team you didn’t name as the danger game.

Crush

Coach
Mc Fookknuckle would have loved that scenario in the run home and what a presser he would have delivered talking about it

Probably would have identified the other team you didn’t name as the danger game.
Speaking of pressers, do you watch Ricky Stuart press conferences? I always watch when they lose. He’s so aggressive with the reporters. You sense that they are all scared shitless of him when they ask questions.
Things aren’t going well for Ricky at the moment, it’s a lot of fun to watch.

Dragon David

First Grade
Those games against Souths (2), Canberra, Roosters and Penrith will be just a walk in the park ................ for those teams. Hopefully we would have amassed enough points on the ladder to make the top 8 with another win over the Cowboys in that last batch of 6 games. Although I notice that we play the Raiders, Warriors, Sea Eagles and Titans in the 4 matches preceding the last 6 so it will be a toss of the coin (if it was just that simple) as to where will finish. I just hope that we give it our all in the last 10 games but in the meantime, go the Dragons for Sunday.

Dion

Juniors
I think they'll come out firing but we will weather that initial onslaught and run away with it in the second half.
I just think our forwards are better and McCullocjh will win the battle of the 9's.
We are finishing games much stronger under Hook than under McFade whereas Tigers don't have the cattle to play Maguire's style of game.
They struggle to maintain the intensity for any length of time.

kit66

Bench
Until 1985 I had never had a broken bone or a stitch. Had a lot of stitches that year and since. Only bone I've broken was my skull. Does that count?

Hell yes, most broken bones you survive but busted skulls can kill you dead.

Latest posts