What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Wittenberg

Juniors
Rumour I’m hearing is we got a few targets for 2022

Griffin is interested in Anthony Milford on 50 - 60 percent less that what he is on now
Dane Gagai also has been discussed
Toby Rudolf and Kurt Capewell are both priority signatures
Whilst the Dragons are sniffing around the situation regarding Nathan Brown at Parra
Two players I can’t warm to are Brown and Rudolf. Watched Rudolph closely over the last few weeks. He reminds me of Woods..all hair style with reputation but only makes a few runs a game and gives away cheap penalties or 6 agains. Brown was wonderful a few years ago and while his face looks robust and hard, his game isn’t. He will want far more than he is worth.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I’ve said it before, but I don’t understand this admiration for Fitz as a SuperCoach in waiting. He was given the keys to new Ferrari with fully stocked workshop and top tier mechanics on hand. He only needed to keep it humming and maintain it. Give it a detail and cruise. The Sharks are like a 1980 XD Falcon, needing a major engine pulldown and rebuild. Gearbox and tail shaft are gone and the electrics are playing up. Rust everywhere and the interior needs full refitting. Good luck to him...

Also the recent record of tall bald men in Southern Sydney clubs hasn't been all that flash

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
Also in regards to Merrin’s retirement - Dragons are still interested in Andrew Fifita for the remainder of 2021

But things could change when De Belin case is done - if he does not get off then Dragons open up more cap space
I don’t believe we would still be interested in Fifita at all.

BLM01

First Grade
Rumour I’m hearing is we got a few targets for 2022

Griffin is interested in Anthony Milford on 50 - 60 percent less that what he is on now
Dane Gagai also has been discussed
Toby Rudolf and Kurt Capewell are both priority signatures
Whilst the Dragons are sniffing around the situation regarding Nathan Brown at Parra
Yes to Rudolf and Capewell
No to or’s

BLM01

First Grade
Two players I can’t warm to are Brown and Rudolf. Watched Rudolph closely over the last few weeks. He reminds me of Woods..all hair style with reputation but only makes a few runs a game and gives away cheap penalties or 6 agains. Brown was wonderful a few years ago and while his face looks robust and hard, his game isn’t. He will want far more than he is worth.[/QUOTE
Can’t agree re Rudolf.. one if Sharks best in hit ups most weeks
Brown agree

Maddragon99

Juniors
Agree , the man has had more than his fair share of injuries and I would not even consider him at $ 500k . I would much rather promote young Sullivan and still have money in the bank .
Johnson led the NRL aid try assists last year great effort considering he was playing in an ordinary Cronulla team.

I’d still rather we back our youth to take over in 2022

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Our halves are in a good position with Hunt, Sullivan, Clune and Amone. No need to look elsewhere and waste money as Sullivan and Amone will need upgrades once they hit the NRL with a bang hence why I would offer Sullivan a 5 year deal on 500k a year to lock him in. Put a clause that If he makes reps (NSW or Aust) he gets an auto upgrade to 650k. Clubs will be sniffing around hence why I would do this now.

Norman may be just ok for 1 more year or a year by year basis as back up (like a Benji role at Souths) on reduced contract.

Hunt the same as Norman when his contact is up and work on Amone and Sullivan halves setup for the future of Saints. If Hunt / Norman go, Clune is back up to all 4 as I see some value but not full-timer.

As for forwards, hopefully next week Saints and the JDB saga will be over and they can decide what to do.

kit66

Bench
I wouldn't mind Capewell or Finucane but I'd also be looking at the Warriors hooker Jazz Tevaga because there's not many hookers on the market and we have none coming through. I think we can forget Brandon Smith.
Bunty Afoa is off contract too.

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
I wouldn't Capewell or Finucane but I'd also be looking at the Warriors hooker Jazz Tevaga because there's not many hookers on the market and we have none coming through. I think we can forget Brandon Smith.
Bunty Afoa is off contract too.
Wishart is showing promise but he’s a way off first grade standard.

Gareth67

First Grade
Johnson led the NRL aid try assists last year great effort considering he was playing in an ordinary Cronulla team.

I’d still rather we back our youth to take over in 2022

Yes , they need to have their opportunity sooner rather than later . We all know what happens to those who never receive it - off to greener pastures .

Besides Sullivan played very well in the few top grade games he had last season.

However I suppose that we need to take into account that he was mentored by our recently departed maestros , so perhaps he will be even better under Griffin ?

Dragon David

First Grade
That’s a great reward for his efforts
It's good to see that we have great prospects coming through in the junior teams and pathways in the backs and forwards. Josh Coric is one youngster that might have been on Trent Merrin's mind when he eluded to one of the younger guys in our camp that would fit the bill to replace him. He and Jackson Shereb-Schmidt are players to keep an eye out for.

Maddragon99

Juniors
It's good to see that we have great prospects coming through in the junior teams and pathways in the backs and forwards. Josh Coric is one youngster that might have been on Trent Merrin's mind when he eluded to one of the younger guys in our camp that would fit the bill to replace him. He and Jackson Shereb-Schmidt are players to keep an eye out for.
I’ll add Shalom O’Ofou to that list as well

Latest posts