What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Benny buying Wests Tigers??

macnaz

Staff member
A 50.5% stake.
Would it make the place any worse? , it might actually help having the place run by a consortium with a desire to win on the field to ensure their business is successful.
Who knows ? Im at the stage now i couldnt give a shit what they do anymore.

macnaz

Staff member
Benny Elias' secret bid to buy Wests Tigers
By WWOS staff - 9 hours ago
New South Wales State of Origin coach Brad Fittler says the Wests Tigers should be based permanently at Campbelltown
Balmain Tigers great Ben Elias and a financially backed consortium have reportedly held secret meetings to discuss buying a majority share in the struggling Wests Tigers for up to $10 million.

The Daily Telegraph reports, Elias and a group of Sydney businessmen have completed due diligence over an ownership proposal.

According to the report, Elias has arranged to discuss his plan with Wests Tigers powerbrokers early next week.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fef86916f-6626-46b7-be3b-6af23b2c5a92

Balmain Tigers legend Benny Elias. (Getty)
It is understood an offer could be lodged quickly, pending NRL approval, if there is interest from the Tigers.

Elias would want the team relocated to Perth like he has wanted previously. It’s all about him with Benny.

Not saying a move west wouldn’t work.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I'm at the stage where I couldn't care less anymore. Whatever we're doing clearly isn't working, maybe such a drastic change is needed. That said, it's pretty hard to trust anything to do with Elias. I can't see it ever happening though.

The Rosco

Bench
After what our team dished up for Tommy, now they come up with this shit.
If elias becomes an owner, I'm done. Filthy slimy.
I'll have a lifetime supply of black, white and gold fishing rags.

BrotherJim05

Bench
All great tragedies must have a third act. The roller-coaster of emotions we have experienced over the past 20 years have defined our story arc and Benny Elias has been a part of that whether you like him or not. Him buying the Wests Tigers is the perfect vehicle to enter our Third Act, and ultimately our demise.

Say what you want about the Tigers, we have always provided thrilling entertainment

A 50.5% stake.
Would it make the place any worse? , it might actually help having the place run by a consortium with a desire to win on the field to ensure their business is successful.
Who knows ? Im at the stage now i couldnt give a shit what they do anymore.

Yeah but this is a new low ...even for us.

They might sell us to Malaysian business interests like they did the leagues club.

Wealthy f**kwits shooting poor villagers for fun.

Delboy

First Grade
When you see how some sponsors interfere with the club, can only imagine what would happen if Benny had a part of Wests Tigers.

macnaz

Staff member
Im not supporting it by the way , just saying everything with have done thus far has failed. If it was perhaps someone more trustworthy it may work.
The scary thing is we dont have a football club membership clause to vote on these sort of take overs as its merely a donation and season ticket holder basis , its in the hands of the crazy board and the NRL while we just feed them the dollars without any legal vote or feedback about the clubs direction

Latest posts