What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Sydney @ McDonald Jones Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Newcastle v Sydney

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Like at the end of our sets, do we have a plan? We seem to have plan and that's why we end up with stupid kicks (excluding generally poor execution of the kick).

Above everything tonight, effort and all.. Our lack of cohesion, plan and structure is my biggest gripe.

We look like we're about to do something decent and then it just breaks completely down - way too often for NRL standard.

the more i watch the more you see that we legit don’t have halves, there isn’t any plan, i would bring in Sisagi or Crossland next week, boot Tuala to Reserves and move Mann to centre

How does Tuala still get a 1st grade gig?

To weak and slow for NRL and quite often too dumb. Nearly every week he's costing us yardage and trys

K-Man

Bench
If this is our level of attacking structure and intent then we are no chance of playing finals football. What even is our style of football? Hit it up through the middle then pass to Ponga and hope? It's so underwhelming. No creativity whatsoever.

Burns

First Grade
Ponga will go to Union anyway. Not sure it’s worth out while in the grand scheme of things keeping him here long long term

Jono078

Referee
Ponga had one beauty of a try assist, but outside of that don't be fooled - this has been one of his worst games.

I feel for Jones and Saulo too - come on when it's too late, that must be so deflating. Let them on early so they have the feeling of having an impact on the game.

Jones came on early a few weeks ago and we saw how that went.

Rodney Rude

Juniors
Change to either Penrith, Souths or Melbourne and you won’t ever have to put up with sh*t like this ever again.

K-Man

Bench
If AOB is frustrated it should be with himself. There are so many elements of our performance that suggest this is not a very well coached team. We've got nothing. Brian Smith had a roster half as good as this one, but he got the team playing to its full potential. I watch us now and almost every single pass or kick is 100% telegraphed and obvious way before it happens. Apart from everything else we're just boring, we don't demonstrate any willingness to play some football.