What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

321 v Cowboys

Grizzman

Juniors
One of these days I'm going to support a nice safe, predictable team like the Panthers or the Roosters. There were more M#$r F*#@kers shouted in the second half than SLJackson in a Tarantino movie.

I decided I was going to give my points for a whole game effort and not just the first half.

3 BMM - He out JT'd JT. He was a menace with the ball and carried three or more defenders all day.
2 Curran - A couple of mistakes but he was in the game the whole time, Strong running, great tackling!
1 Berry - He looked like he belonged this week. Looked pretty good defensively against a class Holmes.

HM Walsh (suffered a little from trying too hard but what a talent), Kodi, Pompey and Harris for the first half and RTS

Just a thought, after Currans binning last week, surely JT should have sat down for 10 after the headclash with BMM. Inconsistency? Or just another time we were robbed?

CheG

Juniors
3.BMM
2.Berry
1.evans

Kosi reminds me of To'o
Love the young players
Game of 2 halves
Defended quite strongly though I thought.
Evans lying on you = slow ptb

Brookywarrior

Juniors
3 Curran-what a workhorse great player!
2 BMM-great impact with the ball
1 Nikorima-nice attack in the first half

Walsh is gonna win us some games when he gets it together

Very important win that one

SmashEmBro

Juniors
3. Walsh - Was dangerous every time he touched the ball, which gives his outside players more space and time. Has outrageous confidence for a 2nd game 18 yo.

2. BMM - Hope he’s good to go next week - that performance was what I thought he’d be doing every game. Just a nightmare for the Cows defence

1. Curran - Everytime the ball is near him in attack or defence something seems to happen. Tries real hard. Loved seeing him clean Hampton up after Maumalos knock on by his own line. Plays to the whistle and goes hard.

Meth

Staff member
So many good performances. Really hard to pick.

3- Harris. Laid the platform with the ball and in defence. Very effective in all of his work.
2- Nikorima. Yeah, for sure, one special half but we won by scoring more points than them and Kodi was the biggest influence in us doing that.
1- Murdoch-Masila. Playing like the prop that we recruited AFB to be.

Nice debut by Kosi and good second games by Berry and Walsh.
Maumalo was good, as was Pompey

Benek

Juniors
3. BMM
2. Walsh
1. Nikorima

Harris and Curran unlucky to miss out. Berry much improved. Walsh adds a new dimension to our attack which we haven’t had since SJ left.

Hawks

Juniors
3 Curran... Nathan put the rocket up him glad he took it in guys a machine
2 Walsh...every touch seemed like he could do something
1 Harris ..typical Harris

Penrose_11

Juniors
3. Walsh
2. Kodi
1. BMM

Thought Curren also had to good game

Walsh n Kodi just owned that 1st 1/2. The 2nd 40 just to many errors putting us in repeat tuff spots again and again.

Meth

Staff member
Just had a look at some stats-

Egan made 51 tackles. 0 missed tackles. 2 ineffective tackles
Harris made 41 tackles. 0 missed tackles. 0 ineffective tackles.
Sironen made 30 tackles. 0 missed tackles. 0 ineffective tackles. And he only played for 29 minutes.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3- Berry. I thought he was incredibly solid for a 19 year old. Held up a defensive edge that looked very shaky with Kosi on it
2- BMM. Powerhouse, and needs to be with AFB out. As someone said, he out JT-ed JT.
1- Harris. Not really fair to give Harris 1, because he's just that good every week.

HMs: Curran (deserved points), RTS, Ken was good, Kodi (1st half, no ball 2nd), Walsh (even if he needs new boots) and Pompey has come along nicely.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Just had a look at some stats-

Egan made 51 tackles. 0 missed tackles. 2 ineffective tackles
Harris made 41 tackles. 0 missed tackles. 0 ineffective tackles.
Sironen made 30 tackles. 0 missed tackles. 0 ineffective tackles. And he only played for 29 minutes.

I thought about that with Egan. I hear a lot of clamber (not necessarily on here) about moving Nikorima to hooker...but Nikorima isn't going to make 51 tackles and do the chasing and clean-up work that Egan does. A lot of punters (again, not on here) think dummy half is a running position and neglect the amount of defensive work that it requires.

hitro

Juniors
Yay the kids:
3 Walsh - only needs some decent boots perhaps Roger can advise
2 Berry
1 Kosi
Yeah Roger Tohu and Kodi were awesome but they are international reps and great every week
actually Kodi is only great every 4th week

03. BMM - Addin Part 2
02. Walsh - Made things a little harder for himself. But was great enough to correct himself.
01. Berry - I now understand the hype behind this kid. He has one of the best defensive techniques in our team. Only his second game and 19. Man this is going to be awesome headache to have in selecting our top 17.

HM: Nikorima (This is how I want you to play

Latest posts