What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs St Geo Illa @ WIN Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: St Geo Illa v Wests Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perth Tiger

Bench
Stef and Mikaele had an impact but so did Seyfarth. I don't know why Mikaele was dropped. You need forwards getting you some momentum.
Mikaele needs to get the balance between doing his job and getting offloads. He got dropped because the game before he was running into the line thinking offload and getting driving back and getting crap offloads.

if he thinks run first, then offload then he can be very good

Das Hassler

Bench
It’s nice to get a win but let’s be honest it was ugly, we play most other teams today and we lose.

Dont worry about it, there's enough certified misery to chew on....look on the brightside...we just doubled our points..there's only one other club that could have done that!

Not pretty but a win is a win. The plus side was that we gave them no freebies. Cini also looked good and there was another couple of stand out performers. Something to build on I guess. Fortunately there’s a lot of dud teams in this league so plenty of points of offer if we continue to muscle up. The attack will come.

Cinis first no try seems a good one to take everyone through.

Although we missed a couple of golden opportunities, by not looking around.

Doogie continues his good form, he plays 5 years above his age. Origin imminent.

Madge escapes the gallows for the moment.

Pezz70

Juniors
He did nothing of the sort.
I’ve been telling the dopey merkin to run the ball all year.
He has done so twice and played well.
He tried to be a playmaker the rest of the time to poor results.

He is going ok, tends to hold the ball a bit too long at times and needs to watch his line, sometimes he tends to drift a little bit when he should be a little straighter, little things. I must qualify it a bit and say he is still not getting consistent quality ball, those passes too high, too far in front or just behind tend to be killing our attack. That extra fraction of a second needed to get control of the ball and rebalance let the defence up in our faces.

Pezz70

Juniors
He did nothing of the sort.
I’ve been telling the dopey merkin to run the ball all year.
He has done so twice and played well.
He tried to be a playmaker the rest of the time to poor results.

He is going ok, tends to hold the ball a bit too long at times and needs to watch his line, sometimes he tends to drift a little bit when he should be a little straighter, little things. I must qualify it a bit and say he is still not getting consistent quality ball, those passes too high, too far in front or just behind tend to be killing our attack. That extra fraction of a second needed to get control of the ball and rebalance let the defence up in our faces.

Two of the best dummy half passes on the day were from Utoukamanu

Why does our backline stands so flat in attack, if they all stood another metre or so deeper they would be more threatening in attack.

You’re optimism is inspiring!

No cute teenage girl hero Sam Walker for us, our debut golden boy rookie has a certified gaol mullet and looks like he was paroled the morning of the game.

A win and a try on debut is pretty much the holy grail for a rookie. Seemed to me every family member he had was at the game and a couple of past cellies.

All good zacster. Welcome to hell!

lol Laurie blowing his load on 500kg of defence grunt. All 3 kilos of him.

Last edited:
Hopefully BJs try was a click in their heads that after a few repeat sets the give him the ball on the outside shoulder of his man and he will stroll through.

I feel we don’t go to BJ nearly enough inside the opposition’s 10. For all his faults he is still a very damaging ball runner. None of our other backs have the tackle breaking power he has, especially one on one. Nofa is the only one who comes close.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It's clear as f**king day that our halves are the issue.

Simpkin and Laurie are solid. I know Simpkin made a few errors with the forward passes to BJ overrunning the ball (overall I think BJ had a good game) but apart from that he was great.

Brooks and AD are supposed to be creating attacking plays and they did Jack f**king shit. I don't know if it's entirely there fault but f**k me they need to improve their decision making.

Cini was f**king awesome. Mainly his defense. He read the plays like a f**king champ and made some really crucial tackles. Hes ready to stay in FG

BrotherJim05

Bench
It's clear as f**king day that our halves are the issue.

Simpkin and Laurie are solid. I know Simpkin made a few errors with the forward passes to BJ overrunning the ball (overall I think BJ had a good game) but apart from that he was great.

Brooks and AD are supposed to be creating attacking plays and they did Jack f**king shit. I don't know if it's entirely there fault but f**k me they need to improve their decision making.

Cini was f**king awesome. Mainly his defense. He read the plays like a f**king champ and made some really crucial tackles. Hes ready to stay in FG

simmo1

First Grade
I think backrow will eventually be AD's calling, perhaps as a Wade Graham type player.

Tigerm

First Grade
You haven’t seen the game
Yep, we were clunky, but we were 1-6 against a top 6 side, I thought we showed some good things. Never expected us to be Storm like at this stage.

Doeihi is 7 games into his role, he was MoM, I thought he deserved it.

You would think Cini will keep his spot. Still not convinced about Talau being in the team.

IMO Hastings can’t come quick enough, we are desperate for 2 centres. Garner is good in attack but ordinary in defence, I hope Blore will fix that other second 2nd row position.

A work in progress, good to see our reserves coming though, but we are heading in the right direction imo.

Latest posts