What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Hutchence was pretty Awesome...

Had tickets for the Elegantly Wasted tour.

Managed to salvage a worksite tour poster and it's still rolled up in a postpak at my mum's.

Loved a lot of their gear.

Songs to check out:

Girl On Fire (Elegantly Wasted)
Baby Don't Cry [original and vocal and orchestral mix - b-side to single; plus all b-sides too] / Heaven Sent (Welcome To Wherever You Are)
The Gift (Full Moon Dirty Hearts)
Just Keep Walking
Guns In The Sky, Mediate and Never Tear Us Apart (Kick)
Don't Change - like @horrie hastings probably close to one of their best
Underneath The Colours
Dancing on the Jetty
What You Need - 12 inch extended mix [ probably in my Top 10 of all time fave songs - after A Ha Take On Me, Starship We Built This City, Kon Kan - I Beg Your Pardon, Madonna Open Your Heart and FYC She Drives Me Crazy ]

Plus Max Q - especially Way Of The World and Monday Night By Satellite

nöyd

Staff member
Had a girlfriend growing up, and By My Side was "our song". When we broke up I sat in my room playing it over and over and over and over, thinking that my life had just ended. Whenever it comes on now in the car or wherever it gets skipped or the channel changed lol

The missus picked up the DVD of Live Baby Live at Wembley years ago, apparently it has since been remastered in 4K, with improved audio quality as well, so I may have to look to see where I can grab that from.

Had a girlfriend growing up, and By My Side was "our song". When we broke up I sat in my room playing it over and over and over and over, thinking that my life had just ended. Whenever it comes on now in the car or wherever it gets skipped or the channel changed lol

The missus picked up the DVD of Live Baby Live at Wembley years ago, apparently it has since been remastered in 4K, with improved audio quality as well, so I may have to look to see where I can grab that from.

I recently bought it. Fantastic.
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/...3adcd6bc4c615376a1ee5b60059ce&objectID=449036

nöyd

Staff member
And I have always loved the mystique and mystery around the backing vocals in the chorus for Elegantly Wasted. Popular urban myth is that the song was pretty much written and tracked, but after the Noel Gallagher incident, Hutchence apparently demanded to go back into the studio to re-record the vocals to say "...better than Oasis" instead of the original "Elegantly Wasted".

God I hope its true, because it is some legendary shade if so.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Driving back from the Hunter via Wollombi and Peats Ridge Need You Tonight popped up on the CD i was playing, actually forgot it was on the 80s CD i had on.

And I have always loved the mystique and mystery around the backing vocals in the chorus for Elegantly Wasted. Popular urban myth is that the song was pretty much written and tracked, but after the Noel Gallagher incident, Hutchence apparently demanded to go back into the studio to re-record the vocals to say "...better than Oasis" instead of the original "Elegantly Wasted".

God I hope its true, because it is some legendary shade if so.

What a disgraceful, punk act that was.

“Beautiful Girl” is high on my list.

I distinctly remember being at Brisbane Expo ‘88 when “Kick” came out. I then went on to be a proud owner of a Vision “Psycho Stick” in years to come.

The_Frog

First Grade
When they first started in the late '70s I thought they were just a cheap copy of XTC, even down to the band name. Just Keep Walking could have easily been from White Music. They certainly developed over time though, as did XTC for that matter.

Mark B

Juniors
Back in my younger days a bunch of work mates talked me into seeing Jimmy Barnes play at the old Entertainment Centre in Chinatown. The highlight was Michael Hutchence made a guest appearance and sang “Good Times” with Jimmy. Pretty glad I went now.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The last true RockStar?

I always liked INXS but was never a massive fan, bit before my time. When that tv movie came out a few years ago I looked up the Wembly Concert on youtube. The Mra and i planned to watch it for a couple of mins yet ended up sittting there watching the whole thing, unable to look away. He just captivated you, brilliant performer.

Latest posts