What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could the Panthers raise their bat Friday night?

Big Bloke

Juniors
Who among us can see the possibility of a 50 point thrashing or more Friday night?

I usually rush home after my boy's soccer training but this week I don't think I'll bother.

snout

First Grade
...and before this gets tagged as a chad bash - the fact is we cannot compete with our 7's game in the modern era.
Moyza and johnson?...we would go at them...because for sure and f**king certain the young pennies will come at us.
This sideways scripted approach?...over it. Sick of it.
We need to score 42 points to be in it

Ozzi_78

First Grade
This one will show if they have any kind of fight in them. Over to you sharks.

roboshark

Coach
I would comment but would get lambasted as being negative. But everyone is allowed to be in here

snout

First Grade
Im thinking it will be a cracker of a game. The first 40 anyways. We dont have the smarts or talent to go full 70.
We showed last week against he best team in the comp in their backyard that we can play football. But its in periods. Its inconsistent.
Its mistake laden. Its from the usuals and we need it from more...
But there was a lot to like.
Chambers was very good for us. His head wouldve been scrambled playing in front of bellamy which resulted in a few mistakes but he pulled off some big plays. He brought great energy.
Traceys up tempo game gets us on the front foot. Kennedy is the same - doing of lot of very good stuff at the moment.
The first half and chad did not go sideways once. He didnt go forward but he was moving it on very quickly. Best 40 lve seen from him in a long time. I reckon wade was pumping him for early ball - as he was running a highway down the left with Teig and Tracey.
SJ was very sharp. Love his running onto it at full throttle. Moyza was doing this in the rounds before he was injured and it is the only way to compete in '21. SJ brought Nikora onto it for our try. Storm didnt lay a hand. We never see this from our playmaking. At the line . At pace. Short pass.
AR like.

This is the only chance we have.
High energy. Fast pace.
Pennies will be on fire as usual and we have to match them.
Stand on our line. Go sideways. 60 nil.

Chambers will be better. Wade and SJ will be very good - both are proving big points In the next few weeks hopefully.

If pennies take us a but easy...
They are also closer to their first loss...
who knows.

Im seriously saying we are a chance. Would love to see moyza and SJ at 6 and 7.
I would back us to lead at the break

Last edited:

Go Nulla

Bench
Yes they will win by plenty but the NRL will ensure that we get plenty of set restarts and penalties just to make it look like they don’t favour the treasured team. We will lose by heaps but not 50/60 etc as we would if the split was down the line.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Im thinking it will be a cracker of a game. The first 40 anyways. We dont have the smarts or talent to go full 70.
We showed last week against he best team in the comp in their backyard that we can play football. But its in periods. Its inconsistent.
Its mistake laden. Its from the usuals and we need it from more...
But there was a lot to like.
Chambers was very good for us. His head wouldve been scrambled playing in front of bellamy which resulted in a few mistakes but he pulled off some big plays. He brought great energy.
Traceys up tempo game gets us on the front foot. Kennedy is the same - doing of lot of very good stuff at the moment.
The first half and chad did not go sideways once. He didnt go forward but he was moving it on very quickly. Best 40 lve seen from him in a long time. I reckon wade was pumping him for early ball - as he was running a highway down the left with Teig and Tracey.
SJ was very sharp. Love his running onto it at full throttle. Moyza was doing this in the rounds before he was injured and it is the only way to compete in '21. SJ brought Nikora onto it for our try. Storm didnt lay a hand. We never see this from our playmaking. At the line . At pace. Short pass.
AR like.

This is the only chance we have.
High energy. Fast pace.
Pennies will be on fire as usual and we have to match them.
Stand on our line. Go sideways. 60 nil.

Chambers will be better. Wade and SJ will be very good - both are proving big points In the next few weeks hopefully.

If pennies take us a but easy...
They are also closer to their first loss...
who knows.

Im seriously saying we are a chance. Would love to see moyza and SJ at 6 and 7.
I would back us to lead at the break
f**king way too positive there Snout.... first and final warning from the doomsayers round these parts. Sadly enough I agree with practically all of that. Not bagging Chad but he’s moving on next year so why not let Moyza have a crack with SJ. They’re both still playing for contracts. Would be entertaining at the very least. I’m tipping a 50-30 score line or something similar.... will go down swinging imo.

Big Bloke

Juniors
f**king way too positive there Snout.... first and final warning from the doomsayers round these parts. Sadly enough I agree with practically all of that. Not bagging Chad but he’s moving on next year so why not let Moyza have a crack with SJ. They’re both still playing for contracts. Would be entertaining at the very least. I’m tipping a 50-30 score line or something similar.... will go down swinging imo.

love to know where you think we’ll get 30 points from...

Frenzy.

Immortal

One is.

Unless you meant playing for contracts anywhere in the NRL

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
love to know where you think we’ll get 30 points from...
One of these weeks the passes will stick and the luck will change. Had 9 tries disallowed in the last 2 games. Not saying any of those were bad rulings other than Chads’ cut out pass but luck will change at some point.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
One is.

Unless you meant playing for contracts anywhere in the NRL
Us or elsewhere it’s in their interest to be playing good footy. Chads got his safety net. Not saying Chad won’t continue to have a go but would rather see Moyza and Trindall being used over Chad.

snout

First Grade
Id love to see us give an inside ball.
Just once.
Or even thrice.

Wade was on fire in the first half last week. He takes it at speed and hes always going to get it away as he always busts the one on one attempt - so their outside jams across and squeezes Teig and Tracey into the touchline.
Kennedy or chad need to get up on wades inside. Its try time every time.

We get a lot of points there when moyzas on the left as his hands as the extra man are quite clever...whereas the other night chad was left and he gives it early to wade and stands and watches what unfolds.
He needs to take it to the line and pull a defender or give it and make an option inside.

Sam walker is about 12 and played 5 games - he scored on the right side the other night doing this.

Thought provoking posts by snout. Dont know if our Forwards can dominate or even match Penrith long enough for SJ Ct Or MM to do their thing , but on the SJ MM pairing At their best would be absolute killer . Moylen unlike chad can turn a game against best sides , But how often do the stars align for his body and mind and fragile ego to all be at peek performance ? Personally I think we better be throwing Kitchen sink and royal suite in gal towers at reynolds . If that falls through Who ? Keary ? Rooters getting a bit stove up in halves dept.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Id love to see us give an inside ball.
Just once.
Or even thrice.

Wade was on fire in the first half last week. He takes it at speed and hes always going to get it away as he always busts the one on one attempt - so their outside jams across and squeezes Teig and Tracey into the touchline.
Kennedy or chad need to get up on wades inside. Its try time every time.

We get a lot of points there when moyzas on the left as his hands as the extra man are quite clever...whereas the other night chad was left and he gives it early to wade and stands and watches what unfolds.
He needs to take it to the line and pull a defender or give it and make an option inside.

Sam walker is about 12 and played 5 games - he scored on the right side the other night doing this.
Come on man... Chad throws an inside ball every set. Don’t know that we’ve ever scored off one though. If you’re gonna lose at least have some fun doing so. Unfortunately Fifi is still a week away from returning from suspension. If you’re gonna pay him 800k regardless at least unleash the beast.

Latest posts