What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hannay vs Morris

Frenzy.

Immortal
Got a question for yas

As Morris struggled for results he was given excuses by most. Poor prior cap management, injuries, reduced cap and the like

Why would anyone expect more from Hannay taking over the same mess?

People can be weird, illogical beasts.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
I don’t know about anyone else but I’m definitely not blaming Hannay for this. The players need to take some responsibility from here on in. Show some pride you overpaid merkins.

FMD Can we move on now Just talking about it is making excuses for NOW . Lets start with the No excuses , Hard edge stuff .

Quicksilver

Bench
I blame Morris for not fixing the roster that Hannah inherited.

He had no control over it, but I blame him anyway.

I blame Morris for not fixing the roster that Hannah inherited.

He had no control over it, but I blame him anyway.
Here are the squad lists from the last 3 seasons. If he had no control over it the squads would have stayed the same, which they haven't.
He was hampered by some previous signings, but he showed by letting J-Moz go that he was open to moving players on for whatever reason, including his treatment of club legend Andrew Fifita this season, so to say he had no control over it is a furphy, I'd even go as far as say it sounds like Facebook rhetoric.

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2019/cronulla-sutherland-sharks/summary.html

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2020/cronulla-sutherland-sharks/summary.html

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2021/cronulla-sutherland-sharks/summary.html

Eion

First Grade
Bomber went all in by rissoling feef. With hindsight, if he played feef and we got different results the first 5 weeks, then who knows?

To be fair, his chances were very slim to keep the gig. But he gambled and lost. That’s life.

Bomber went all in by rissoling feef. With hindsight, if he played feef and we got different results the first 5 weeks, then who knows?

To be fair, his chances were very slim to keep the gig. But he gambled and lost. That’s life.
Don't forget he could have kept either, or both, Capewell and/or J-Moz, but decided to spend the money on Ramien, getting him out of his Knights contract in the process, so he knows how the system works.
Both those two have been in way better form than Jesse.

R-15-3

Juniors
I believe the decision was made in the back end of last season but we pushed it out to this season due to covid, shark park, not wanting to go against other clubs in the coach circus that was last year and having all the players off contract giving 2022 a complete fresh start and getting us the best coach and players available.
Morris had less than 1% chance of being extended next year even a 6/6 start would of been a stretch.
Should of been handled differently from an outsiders view but non of us know what was going on behind closed doors.

Quicksilver

Bench

here i was thinking Johnny was a soft touch.

Good example of him not being a soft touch.

Anyway, here comes the spoon

Quicksilver

Bench
Here are the squad lists from the last 3 seasons. If he had no control over it the squads would have stayed the same, which they haven't.
He was hampered by some previous signings, but he showed by letting J-Moz go that he was open to moving players on for whatever reason, including his treatment of club legend Andrew Fifita this season, so to say he had no control over it is a furphy, I'd even go as far as say it sounds like Facebook rhetoric.

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2019/cronulla-sutherland-sharks/summary.html

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2020/cronulla-sutherland-sharks/summary.html

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2021/cronulla-sutherland-sharks/summary.html

What a disingenuous argument.

You know full well the amount of actual space he had to move, given the big name mostly injured players.

Oh plus the salary cap restriction.

This kind of illusion isn’t going to help us move forward in a productive manner. I don’t know if you’re trying to fool me or yourself.

Anyway I’m over talking about this. We’ll just have to take our medicine and enjoy being beaten by the likes of Canterbury.

What a disingenuous argument.

You know full well the amount of actual space he had to move, given the big name mostly injured players.

Oh plus the salary cap restriction.

This kind of illusion isn’t going to help us move forward in a productive manner. I don’t know if you’re trying to fool me or yourself.

Anyway I’m over talking about this. We’ll just have to take our medicine and enjoy being beaten by the likes of Canterbury.
You need to look up the meaning of disingenuous.
The fact is you stated, and I quote, "He had no control over it", that is not true. He had a bit of control, as I said earlier, he was hampered.
The facts are:
He bought Ramien, who had not been going very well, with money that he could have used on keeping Capewell, who improved so much last year that he starred in SOO. He gambled on that and lost.
He was prepared to let a low costing SOO and International centre/allrounder, Josh Morris, go because he had signed Ramien.
We already had Dugan, Morris and Xerri on our books to play at centre, not to mention that Capes could play there as well, and did so in SOO.
Morris failed badly in the one case where he had room to move. Management could see this, it's a shame people like you can't.
I won't even get into letting Flanju and B1 going while they were still on contract.
As far as A-Fi not getting a look in, it shows that Morris knew how to play the game and get rid of what he considered dead wood, or maybe Fifita just didn't brown nose to him..
Of course you're over talking about it, you post here trying to make a stir and continuously get shown to be just someone who comes on to argue without actually thinking about what you are talking about.

sharkman73

Juniors

Out of curiosity, which games would Fifita have helped us win?

Eion

First Grade
Is it?

I remember people complaining last year that he was busted, limping, slow and past it.

Short memories.
There is not a soul on this earth that can suggest with a straight face that 10 min magoo was a better option than Fifita who had stripped 20kgs in a good pre-season, with good trial form.

bluefox68

Staff member
There is not a soul on this earth that can suggest with a straight face that 10 min magoo was a better option than Fifita who had stripped 20kgs in a good pre-season, with good trial form.
Nothing to lose - just play him and see