What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

simmo05

Bench
Apparently the Sam Burgess signing is in the pipeline despite denials. The Knights are also interested. Personally I don’t want Burgess anywhere near our mob, but there is a upside...South’s cap would be a total disaster
Have these idiots learnt anything in the last 20 years about signing old busted has beens? Fmd, just when we have almost cleared the books from the last lot....

One positive from this season is that at least the young blokes promoted to the NRL have done well, Cini,Simpkin and Seyfarth come to mind, hopefully others like Blore,Madden,Tuki Simpkins ,Fitzgibbon will follow and show they are more than capable of playing at a higher standard.

Tigerm

First Grade
How did you guys MISS this? TSP, you were on watch, suspect you were sleeping on the job:mad::D

1620083571843-1da71fe9-2d85-408f-b11c-9953a577deaf.jpeg

gordsy

Juniors
I don't want Burgess and I don't want the Junk Plane either. Both have character issues which won't work for us. We are a club trying to introduce a new culture Low money deals or not, neither are the right fit for us.

Tiger05

First Grade
Sam Burgess is a grub, but his aggression & will to win is exactly what our soft pack requires.

10 years ago. If he can play like he could I'd love him here. I can't see him returning to that level.

He is also a piece of shit human being though.

Is it worth the risk ? At best you'd give him a development contract or a contract for 150k. I mean how much are they paying Benji who can still play to a high level at least when his team has the ball.

How did you guys MISS this? TSP, you were on watch, suspect you were sleeping on the job:mad::D

1620083571843-1da71fe9-2d85-408f-b11c-9953a577deaf.jpeg

I think your UFO “ moon thing” is probably the Death Star.

Waiting to blow the earth up and build a Venusian Airball High Performance Centre.

They’ve had their eyes on Harto, he could be beamed up any moment to join their recruitment team.

Tigerm

First Grade
Storm face uphill retention fight for Finucane after meeting two NRL rivals
Author
Dan Walsh
NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 6 May 2021, 03:28 PM
Dan Walsh

Melbourne are resigned to an uphill battle to retain Dale Finucane with the Storm co-captain meeting with at least two NRL rivals recently as he explores his market value.

NRL.com understands that Finucane’s priority is still to finish his career with Melbourne, however, several moving pieces in the Storm’s tight salary cap have held the premiers back from tabling a respectable offer at this stage.

Finucane is understood to have met with at least two rival clubs with that in mind, while North Queensland, Canterbury and Wests Tigers are among those with the 29-year-old on their recruitment radars.

Now in his 10th NRL season, Finucane’s preference is for a three or four-year deal that would potentially be his last contract.

The Storm are keen to retain Finucane but have a glut of top-flight forwards as well as Brandon Smith’s contract situation complicating their roster planning.

gordsy

Juniors
We need more than one hard as nails forward and we leak too much to sign burgess. Lots of talk of Dennis the hairdo leaking all the dirty laundry to the press.