What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Staggs? Great player but not fit for us... Why aren't we putting it all in a proper half? Clifford isn't a seven as well...
Cause we have Pearce for another year

I think they are hoping to look at whats available at the end of 2022

Off contract halves that are 1st grade ready for 2023:

Nikorima
Fogarty
Clune
Cody Walker

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach

Nikorima
Fogarty
Clune
Cody Walker

That list is not inspired reading... Can't see where the answers will come from then.

Tony Morris

Juniors
Staggs? Great player but not fit for us... Why aren't we putting it all in a proper half? Clifford isn't a seven as well...

Brings me back to Clubs future plans. Would we heavily invest in a half now if plan is for Clifford and KP in the halves with Hodgson FB from next season?

I was always in agreement of it been a couple of seasons away but looking at the young kids playing on the pitch right now could it be sooner?

Yosh

Coach
Nikorima is a really good player. If Clifford can do the kicking and organising that’d be a halves pairing I could get around.

Apparently Clifford is more a runner with a good kicking game. I guess Nikorima would clash more than compliment.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors

Nikorima
Fogarty
Clune
Cody Walker

The obvious big name on that list is Walker but he wouldn’t fix our dominant halfback dilemma. Nikorima I like as well but he’s also not what we need.

Fogarty and Clune are both serviceable and steady halves but if we want to be up around the top 4 or at least top 6 in the NRL we need to be looking at someone with a bit more class.

I’m still a bit annoyed that we haven’t gone after Reynolds for 2022 and onwards. He possesses all the qualities that Pearce has lacked over the last few years and he would compliment some of our more instinctive players so well. But I have a feeling he doesn’t want to leave Sydney which is understandable given he’s got 4 kids and probably feels settled so maybe that’s why we weren’t ever in the picture.

Well at this stage we need to work with who we’ve got available and right now that’s Phoenix Crossland, hopefully he takes the reigns and comes up with some good footy.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
In terms of the Staggs discussion as well. He’s one of the best ball runners in the comp but my concern would be that he wouldn’t get enough early ball to be effective and we’d have to pay big coin to get him as well. I’d rather put that sort of money towards a halfback who has some actual match smarts.

Tony Morris

Juniors
The obvious big name on that list is Walker but he wouldn’t fix our dominant halfback dilemma. Nikorima I like as well but he’s also not what we need.

Fogarty and Clune are both serviceable and steady halves but if we want to be up around the top 4 or at least top 6 in the NRL we need to be looking at someone with a bit more class.

I’m still a bit annoyed that we haven’t gone after Reynolds for 2022 and onwards. He possesses all the qualities that Pearce has lacked over the last few years and he would compliment some of our more instinctive players so well. But I have a feeling he doesn’t want to leave Sydney which is understandable given he’s got 4 kids and probably feels settled so maybe that’s why we weren’t ever in the picture.

Well at this stage we need to work with who we’ve got available and right now that’s Phoenix Crossland, hopefully he takes the reigns and comes up with some good footy.

Except for Reynolds they all look like make do options to me and Reynolds 100% will stay in Sydney.

Apey

Staff member
Reynolds largely excels in almost all the areas we are lacking (goalkicking included) but the chance of us landing him is very low.

Jono078

Referee
They're saying Bellamy isn't going to retire and is listening to offers.

Do we try or even consider?

Jono078

Referee
Joey is saying Widdop would be a good fit here.

He's up there in age but he has some quality about him, more than what we have out of our halves.

Yosh

Coach
Would Belle my want to take over his best mate's position?? Maybe he feels bad his mate is having such a hard time and joins the club in a similar position to Gus Gould at the Panthers and Warriors? That would be inspired!!

I'd take any decent first grade half over what we have now. Would Widdop come right away?