What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Dogs

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
It will be interesting to see what we nominate as our 18 tomorrow.

If we are able field close to what we finished the game with yesterday I hope Hook lightens the training load and concentrates on ball work and combinations.

If our halves and FB don’t fire then the Dogs will scratch out a win.

Norman is so god damned lazy I’d like him out of the team but with troop numbers so low he has to be picked.

I wonder if Hook would consider
Norman to 1
Feagai to 4 other Feagai to 2 if Williame is still out
Clune to 6 or 7 with Hunt

Burns or Fui to centre is a big no no for me.
Why norman to 1 and dufty to bench norman is major the problem.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It's time to give the young guys a go in the right positions not put forwards in the backs give them a chance and see how they go.
I agree that’s why I said it’s not who I’d pick. I just had a feeling that would be the side picked and if Ramsey pulls out I’m not far off the mark. Feagai would come in and replace Ramsey and one of our backrowers would replace Lomax. I’m happy to see Poasa back though. A bit of youth and speed in our forwards is much needed.

Crush

Coach
I’d like to think that if our forwards fire up we should belt the dogs by plenty. Feed Kerr and Sims some raw steak b4 kick off, the pack together need to send a message that were far from done for 2021. Belt the bullgrubs back to Belmore
That’s what we thought about Warriors and Tigers. This game is no different.
Betting odds the same, we are red hot favourites.

BLM01

First Grade
That’s what we thought about Warriors and Tigers. This game is no different.
Betting odds the same, we are red hot favourites.
Ahh Crush
Another nervous Sunday coming up waiting for 4 o’clock kick off again
I want to hear Joey again call us specials at home.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
We could play Timbuktu under 10’s and if we drop the ball like we did last week, we’d struggle. Raudonikus, John’s, Billy Smith, Turbo, Changa were/ are examples of backs that could overcome their forward pack’s deficiencies or lack.
However, our current halves and in fact most of our backs just aren’t that type of player. Some may develop into ..e.g Lomax, but others wont and wishful thinking that they ever will.
As such, i really can’t see how we could ever claim that we “should” beat anyone. The dogs usually show up and always do against Saints. If the forwards can lay a ‘strong platform, meaning Lawrie, Simms and 1 other forwards impacting at the 8 out of 10 level (as Fui and Vaughan usually deliver) well, we’re a chance, as our backs are ‘good enough’, but, if they don’t, we struggle big time. Will be no different this weekend imo.

Illusion

Bench
That pretty good backline has scored 80 points in 8 games. Just saying...
I hear you , that's what makes this worse , like last week they will play the Dogs into some form ... Its been happening with this team for years now .... If this happens again at home , No excuses , players out , bad Ref calls , The Dogs have been a rubble this year as where the Tigers last week ..... If they don't get up for this , the whole lot of playing group( Except a couple of players) need to find another home ..... Hook needs to turn this around , settling in period is over .....

Crush

Coach
Ahh Crush
Another nervous Sunday coming up waiting for 4 o’clock kick off again
I want to hear Joey again call us specials at home.
Nah mate, I’ve got no expectations for this game.
Well actually I do, I fully expect us to lose.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I hear you , that's what makes this worse , like last week they will play the Dogs into some form ... Its been happening with this team for years now .... If this happens again at home , No excuses , players out , bad Ref calls , The Dogs have been a rubble this year as where the Tigers last week ..... If they don't get up for this , the whole lot of playing group( Except a couple of players) need to find another home ..... Hook needs to turn this around , settling in period is over .....

IMO the Hook ‘honeymoon’ headed for the rocks
soon after the revelation of his expressed love of Norman,
his selection of Williame, omission of Max & retention of our perennial plodder Pereira

For me it was a judgment thing

... & now we’re in the slipstream of Waterboy, where, as Gould so deftly put it, we

“invite the opposition into the contest”

He’s reined Dufty’s creativity in,
persisted with the power game past the durability of his forwards,

(the ‘Power Game’ always required 4 genuine bench forwards - rotated judiciously)
Fui was always more than adequate cover for Bird etc

he sadly has no obvious plan B

has persisted with Kerr on the edge, shelved offloads,
been clearly outcoached these past 3 games

... & left the backline to rot under Norman.
(Our backline tries are invariably Dufty-led - or quite off-the-cuff accidental, like our first against the Tigs)

The Bennett defence focus is admirable & kind of working
... and the pressers are honest

... but FMD we have to score points

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
IMO the Hook ‘honeymoon’ headed for the rocks
soon after the revelation of his expressed love of Norman,
his selection of Williame, omission of Max & retention of our perennial plodder Pereira

For me it was a judgment thing

... & now we’re in the slipstream of Waterboy, where, as Gould so deftly put it, we

“invite the opposition into the contest”

He’s reined Dufty’s creativity in,
persisted with the power game past the durability of his forwards,
has no obvious plan B
persisted with Kerr on the edge, shelved offloads,
been clearly outcoached these past 3 games

... & left the backline to rot under Norman.
(Our backline tries are invariably Dufty-led - or quite off-the-cuff accidental, like our first against the Tigs)

The Bennett defence focus is admirable & kind of working
... and the pressers are honest

... but FMD we have to score points
Very true Linespeed. Let the attack flow and allow for creativity Messrs Hook and Elliott. We have got to score more and defend the tries. It's no use defending all day if there is nothing to defend for.
Get those tries boys and many of them.

possm

Coach
If that dogs forward pack dominates ours and we lose I’ll be embarrassed to wear my Saints jersey for the rest of the season. Bar Thompson the rest of their pack are reserve graders at best
Thompson now there's one for you. We give Graham an early release so that he can compete in the ESL grand final. So we're one forward down on our roster. So what happens, The player Graham replaces joins the NRL but not with Saints but with the Dogs. Go figure!