What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bellamy

Tiger Shark

Bench
Maybe breast cancer. Haven’t heard anything. They keep a closed ship.
Something like that I reckon

There was an article t last year in September/October when they were in lockdown in the Sunshine coast. The daughter flew down for a month to be with her. So it's not something super recent but pretty fresh and very much of a serious nature I imagine (article also mentioned surgery)

Don't really want to speculate any more than that.

chewsta

First Grade
Maybe breast cancer. Haven’t heard anything. They keep a closed ship.
Something like that I reckon

Thanks Shaggs, I had a feeling it may be something along the lines of the big C too. Poor buggers. Must be on the cards to just walk away and be full time with her while he can. Hopefully it's not as bad as that for her though.

Obviously how Bellamy would go at another club is an unknown, especially as a coaching director but how Bennett leaves his clubs isn't an unknown.

I could be off here but I don't think he leaves his clubs in the best condition

- Dragons were ordinary after he left
- Knights were dreadful after he left
- Broncos the same

Souths look likely to be in a better positions because they're transitioning to their AC to become HC so he's probably starting to take over more things as we speak. Though there are concerns in how they've places cap wise at the moment.

I wouldn't want Bennett because he seems to only want to win whilst he's coach and not worry to much about the future. For me a Coaching director is an opportunity to set things up for the next 10 years and think Bellamy might be better suited to that.

Honestly I don't think Bellamy is coming but just my 2c on Bennett

100% agree on how Bennett leaves clubs, Thats why Ive previously said if they do chase him it would have to be with loading on contract for performance of club Couple yrs after he leaves . It would be a different challenge for him to build a team up to perform while hes there And after after hes gone . Would add to his legacy I would think. cause right now Many people remember him for the things you put in your post.

imasharkie

Coach
Seen that article but couldn’t link it. Said nothing is out of question
Bellamy ‘still interested’ in Sharks job as decision time looms
Rugby league supercoach Craig Bellamy hasn’t ruled out a moved to Sydney’s Shire as he weighs up job options beyond this season.
Bellamy is in the final year of his Storm contract and is yet to decide whether he stays on for another campaign with the Victorian club, or moves elsewhere to work.

His family is based in southern Queensland and a move “home” is on the cards.
But he also still has an offer on the table from Cronulla, and on Wednesday he told Channel 9 journalist Danny Weidler, “I’m still interested” in the Sharks role.

Given the club has just signed Craig Fitzgibbon on as coach from 2022, Bellamy would be hired above him in a coaching director’s role or similar.

Melbourne, though, is keen to keep Bellamy on its books.

Interestingly on Wednesday news broke that young Origin winger Xavier Coates had agreed to join the Storm, which some took as proof Bellamy is locked in to coach them again for at least another year.

Players often prefer to have an assurance of who the coach will be before committing to a club.

snout

First Grade
It was on 360 tonite.
Forget all the 2nd hand reporters chinese whispers - they showed the interview and from bellamys mouth it was this:
Interviewer: What about Cronulla are they still in the picture?
CB: Thats been well documented. Yes theyre still in the picture and lm still interested.

Last edited:

Inferno

Coach
Who is in the running to take over the Storm?

Not sure I'd want a HC position where the must successful head coach of all time will have a shadow looming large.

A fresh start at a new club is less pressure on him and a new incoming coach.

Ozzi_78

First Grade

Not sure I'd want a HC position where the must successful head coach of all time will have a shadow looming large.

Ryles Or Flanno

fizman

Bench
This is getting deliciously interesting now!
  • Bellamy the straight shooter confirmed he is interested in Cronulla - YET, the NRL 360 Peanuts STILL dismisses it and said he will re-sign with the Storm.
  • Did Coates go to Melbourne to meet Bellamy about playing at Cronulla next season?
  • Did Dino fly down to Melbourne last weekend?
  • What was the “final detail” that cancelled the intended press conference?

Last edited:

Ryles.
They sent him over to spend time with Eddie Jones to get another perspective on professionalism.

blue bags

First Grade

Who is in the running to take over the Storm? benny boy bennet :)

Who is in the running to take over the Storm? benny boy bennet :)

hmmm.Interesting! You have heard something ? Well hes not saying a lot . I thought a while back he said he would be going back to brisbane or at least Queensland. He certainly knows how to play the game with the media. One of his favourite sayings I think is "tell em nothing , Lead em nowhere!' Ironically hes very good at dropping little teasers and leading them up the garden path.

Chimp

Bench
If not Bellamy, what would people think about Gould coming in as an option.

Good sounding board for Fitz, Fitz would be strong enough to keep Gus in his own lane, and Gus could work on the whole development model. Would also no doubt be good for business/sponsors etc.

Look where the Panthers are now - all 3 grades absolutely smashing it, excess players leaving and doing well at other clubs. Gus played a big part in where they’re at now.

Latest posts