What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Parramatta @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Parramatta v Sydney

• Parramatta Eels 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta Eels 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Sydney Roosters 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 9
Parramatta Eels v Sydney Roosters
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta (TICKETS)
Friday 7 May 2021

NSW Cup 5:25pm -- NRL kickoff 7:55pm

PARRAMATTA-2021.png

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Tom Opacic 4. Marata Niukore 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown
Interchange: 14. Oregon Kaufusi 15. Shaun Lane 16. Haze Dunster 17. Bryce Cartwright 18. Joey Lussick 19. Keegan Hipgrave 20. Wiremu Greig 21. Jordan Rankin

SYDNEY-2021.png

1. James Tedesco 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Joseph Manu 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Sam Walker 8. Isaac Liu 9. Ben Marschke 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Angus Crichton 12. Nat Butcher 13. Victor Radley
Interchange: 14. Adam Keighran 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. Fletcher Baker 17. Daniel Suluka-Fifita 18. Egan Butcher 19. Naufahu Whyte 20. Lachlan Lam 21. Joseph Suaalii

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: David Munro, Todd Smith
Video Referees: To be advised

NSW Cup
Parramatta v Norths (SYD) at Bankwest, Fri 5:25pm​

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume a possible 21 Player squad could be * Lam listed as back - not sure about Benny M's dispensation to keep playing NRL as he is one of 5 Bears player in the extended squad.

Brad Abbey (FB /GK)
Max Bailey ( LK/PR)
Ben Marschke (HK)
Jesse Marschke ( HB/FE/HK)
Tony Satini (CE/WG)

Possible Chooks 21 player squad vs Parramattta From the 22 below

1- Tedesco
2- Toops
3- J Morris
4- Manu
5- Ikuvalu
6- Hutch
7- Walker
8- Liu
9- Verrills
10- SST
11- Crighton
12-N Butcher
13- Radley
14- Benny M/Lam *
15- JWH
16- Baker
17- E Butcher
18- Suaalii
19 - Keighran
20 - Jesse M
21 - Hau Tapuha
22. DSF

This is going to be one heck of a battle. I am looking forward to the various match ups. We will certainly have our work cut out for us, but I am going to stick solid regardless.

Easts by 2 at this stage.

Headless Chook

Juniors
NRL 360 boofheads tossing around Matt Lodge or Andrew Fafita might be a solution to our injury woes. More chance of me lacing up the boots before that ever happening. Mind you, if this was 20 years ago then it would be a fait accompli.

Do we think Lam will ultimately start at Hooker if fit?
I am not sure about that to be honest. Until Sam comes back, perhaps, but there could be other combinations. Marschke could work, but Lussick is there too once he is fit. I think Lachlan Lam is not a guaranteed starter and will have to earn his spot back. Adam Keighran will be hanging around too.

NRL 360 boofheads tossing around Matt Lodge or Andrew Fafita might be a solution to our injury woes. More chance of me lacing up the boots before that ever happening. Mind you, if this was 20 years ago then it would be a fait accompli.
I absolutely hope not! I don't care how dire our injury or depth situation becomes, we have certain standards to maintain. I am sure it won't eventuate. Hopefully it is just a scare.

Valheru

Coach

Lol after every single injury this year of which there has been a lot, like clockwork the media comes up with some rumour about us buying a player. When keary went down it was going to be Maloney.

They just know those stories get hits and to be fair I have enjoyed the salt. The only one I believe that has any substance is TJ Perenara.

It is game day ladies and gentlemen. Let's go out there and do our best. Hopefully the boys will be galvanised and play well for Luke, Brett and Lindsay. Fire up you mighty Roosters for tonight, fire up!

Punctured lung, respirator, emergency and the try was done and dusted.

Could be out for the season depending upon the extent of the damage and repair.

Extremely dangerous, possible death, he should have been sent.

The nrl are looking to make amends, he will be out for an extended period.

But an injury like this, I’m more worried about Hutchinson. Plus he faces a 35% reoccurrence at any time of his life. Even if he’s just walking down the street.

It was dog act as well. I’m sick of try scorers being pounded like this. I don’t care what team they play for.

If I was the nrl, I’d be looking to de-register the culprit. Hang the gutless prick out to dry.

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
Smashed up I’d say.

It was a dog-act and Robbo was right to risk the fine.

Chiddy has been stood down,

It should have been on report in 3 seconds not 25 minutes.
I heard the ref send it up as a possible 8 point try.

Why the hell didn't they look at the incident or is it fair game to king hit someone if the play is brought back?

Something as bad as this, where a doctor calls it potentially fatal and the guy is carted off to hospital, we should have a “ratchet rule” meaning than the victims teams can’t do worse than a draw, points taken from the offenders club. That can be sorted out during the week even and points adjusted before the next round.

Or a 10 point try for “ aggravated in goal violence ( unnecessary) “

Really drive it home to the cowards that this kind of dangerous and unnecessary play belongs to another era.

We’d soon see players contain their animal drive to hurt the vulnerable.

The brawl would still be going if the scumbag cretin hit a player at some other clubs. Arrow would have slammed the cowardly punks head six inches into the goal post. I’m sure most of us would have rushed in for justice at the heat of the moment.

I hope it costs the eels their season, probably has.

Robbo was composed as usual. Makes the odd error but he’s the ultimate professional.

Last edited:

Zadar

Juniors
Something as bad as this, where a doctor calls it potentially fatal and the guy is carted off to hospital, we should have a “ratchet rule” meaning than the victims teams can’t do worse than a draw, points taken from the offenders club. That can be sorted out during the week even and points adjusted before the next round.

Or a 10 point try for “ aggravated in goal violence ( unnecessary) “

Really drive it home to the cowards that this kind of dangerous and unnecessary play belongs to another era.

We’d soon see players contain their animal drive to hurt the vulnerable.

The brawl would still be going if the scumbag cretin hit a player at some other clubs. Arrow would have slammed the cowardly punks head six inches into the goal post. I’m sure most of us would have rushed in for justice at the heat of the moment.

I hope it costs the eels their season, probably has.

Robbo was composed as usual. Makes the odd error but he’s the ultimate professional.

Yet the roosters couldn’t even get a free interchange!!

Latest posts