What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

nick87

Coach
All the dead wood is fair enough.

Our back 5 is putrid. You make the play at a FB (CNK to centre) like Hynes or Dufty or at least a good winger = affordable with Savage or Semi on the other wing on peanuts. There are perhaps only 2 or 3 back 5s collectively worse than ours at present. It's a killer in the current game.

The other option if Georgey goes is to play at a half like Reynolds or...

I think there is very clear and obvious moves to make that can immediately improve the team

paying a f**k ton of money for a pure winger isnt one of them. Paying some money for a legitmiate ball playing fullback and shifting CNK to the wing, that might be a bit of 2 birds, 1 stone stuff though

Hynes or Duffty would be the ideal realistic targets. I think we'd still be one good outside back short, but it would improve us

pay huge money for semi radradra or daniel tupou isnt the answer. The answer is addressing the spine and pushing everyone else down a notch

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Story from 360 seems to be old mate Isaac Moses has been doing his usual shit behind the scenes. I can see why some players are offside if they feel Hodgo is being hard done by. But unfortunately you need to excise anything touched by Moses from your club.

Yes could easily be bs sold by Ricky's media mates. But given the Merkin involved I'll lean to Ricky's side everytime.

bileduct

Coach
Holy f**k Lara Pitt was trying her absolute hardest to find the absolute worst in the Hodgson situation.

shear_joy9

Coach
I think there is very clear and obvious moves to make that can immediately improve the team

paying a f**k ton of money for a pure winger isnt one of them. Paying some money for a legitmiate ball playing fullback and shifting CNK to the wing, that might be a bit of 2 birds, 1 stone stuff though

Hynes or Duffty would be the ideal realistic targets. I think we'd still be one good outside back short, but it would improve us

pay huge money for semi radradra or daniel tupou isnt the answer. The answer is addressing the spine and pushing everyone else down a notch

I would argue there is nothing wrong with the spine. CNK could be replaced if someone better was easily attainable but the main problem with the team is poor defense and lack of run metres from the 2-5. The forwards are getting gassed quicker from having to run back to their 20m every set because the backs aren't pulling their weight. Would also help if someone other than rapana could break a tackle instead of getting folded like laundry. There's no threat like BJ that can steam roll a few defenders over the line.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I would argue there is nothing wrong with the spine. CNK could be replaced if someone better was easily attainable but the main problem with the team is poor defense and lack of run metres from the 2-5. The forwards are getting gassed quicker from having to run back to their 20m every set because the backs aren't pulling their weight. Would also help if someone other than rapana could break a tackle instead of getting folded like laundry. There's no threat like BJ that can steam roll a few defenders over the line.

I think our wingers are willing but they are so slow we are getting murdered by the opposition halves. It's very easy to find grass against the raiders. We have lost kick return metres handily while raps and Bailey are putting in decent to good yardage

That says to me they are making a lot of donkey carriers but we are starting every set on the back foot while our slow pokes at the back get swarmed

Faster wingers means we could spread it on tackle 5 to keep the opposition honest too because sides simply do not fear sliding against us

morley101

Juniors
When the NRL banned Moses they should have banned the company that he represents unless he removes himself from the company itself.

gerg

Juniors
Sure we are lacking speed out wide but our tactics suck. We just keep trying to bash it through the middle with one out hit ups. Our opponent just compresses the line and we just continue to bash it through the middle. Why don't they mix it up and occasionally have those boring one out hit ups running off the half back a little wider of the ruck?

betcats

Referee
Pretty clear Ricky has lost the dressing room, which old boy will the raiders bring in now? Or are they going to back Ricky to clean out half the squad? Right now all his best players seem to be on the outs except Wighton who I think Ricky probably gives sneaky hand jobs every chance he gets. But seriously Papi, Tapine, Hodgson, the nose.....they are some quality players to have offside. At least he still has Croker the fraud backing him.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Sure we are lacking speed out wide but our tactics suck. We just keep trying to bash it through the middle with one out hit ups. Our opponent just compresses the line and we just continue to bash it through the middle. Why don't they mix it up and occasionally have those boring one out hit ups running off the half back a little wider of the ruck?

This has been a constant of sticky ball

We simply dont have enough bodies in motion. We never make the defense really ask any questions and when we do we stuff it up (like guler just standing in the line)

We should absolutely spread it more often and especially consider doing it on tackle 5 to stop the opposition just putting both wingers back but i feel it comes down to both our tactics and the opponent not fearing that we can catch them out.

GongPanther

Referee
That's not what Blake said.
I am disregarding this nonsense. I bid you good day, sir.
Wasn't referring to what Blake said. T'was a passing comment. But because Raiders fans are going through a shitty time ATM and are on edge, I'll forgive your insolence. So I bid you a good day, Sir. :)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Time to pull the plug, but Canberra will never sack a club legend from the coaching role. They will have to see out his contract now, which means bad juju for the Raiders.

Floodwaters

Juniors
This goes back to wholesale changes / dropping players after back to back losses v Panthers / Eels against the Cowboys. If Ricky had half a brain he would have played his full strength team that game to give them much needed confidence.

Let’s face it effort was down v Panthers and Eels but it’s not a great surprise they lost both games.

BadnMean

Juniors
Time to pull the plug, but Canberra will never sack a club legend from the coaching role. They will have to see out his contract now, which means bad juju for the Raiders.

Correct. Raiders have only ever sacked 1 coach and it got a lot uglier than this first - literally players on the rooftop live on instagram sinking piss and giving the finger to fans/club on the 25th club anniversary instead of training.

Ricky will be given the rebuild. Whether he has the stones to do it like it needs to be done after the flack he copped for cutting all parra's dead wood (look at the cuts and their post Parra careers, career plodders,, they should have thanked him) I don't know...

Mark B

Juniors
Correct. Raiders have only ever sacked 1 coach and it got a lot uglier than this first - literally players on the rooftop live on instagram sinking piss and giving the finger to fans/club on the 25th club anniversary instead of training.

Ricky will be given the rebuild. Whether he has the stones to do it like it needs to be done after the flack he copped for cutting all parra's dead wood (look at the cuts and their post Parra careers, career plodders,, they should have thanked him) I don't know...
Never had an issue with Ricky cutting all the no hopers at Parramatta back then. It was the right call for the club.

Incorrect

Coach
Will your club sack their out-of-depth club legend coach? He's battling harder than Ricky, and what's more, has no runs on the board...