What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sharks

tripster

Juniors
Discipline surely.

That was my guess too. Doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense otherwise. If it was to give him a rest he doesn’t play this week at all. Ivan also has a tendency to stick with the same side week in week out unless something has happened to justify a change.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That was my guess too. Doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense otherwise. IfNp ot it was to give him a rest he doesn’t play this week at all. Ivan also has a tendency to stick with the same side week in week out unless something has happened to justify a change.

No it's not. Peter Lang on twitter says match fitness, wanting Spencer to get more miles in his legs. This due to blokes like Leota and JFH performing longer minutes for high work-rates. So put your lighted torches away folks until next time LOL

age.s

First Grade
Yeah I don't think it needs to be that dramatic. Sorensen could use NRL minutes before Origin. Leniu could use a game where he plays big minutes and someone needs to make way. We're a full 2 points ahead and this isn't the most threatening game. I can see the logic.

snickers007

Juniors
Can't fault this logic from Ivan and co. I said earlier in the week that I think Leniu was lacking in conditioning.

We're gonna be losing 60 or 70 mins worth of Yeo during Origin. Leniu is only playing 20 - 25 mins a game at the moment.

Assuming Sorenson comes in for Yeo, and Leniu regains his spot, they need to find 80 - 95 mins between them (all things staying equal for the rest of the pack).

This let's Sorenson get back up to speed at NRL level and build combinations, and let's Spencer expand his lungs.

And of course as I'm typing this, have just seen that NSW Cup has been postponed due to COVID. Lol. That's highly unfortunate.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Can't fault this logic from Ivan and co. I said earlier in the week that I think Leniu was lacking in conditioning.

We're gonna be losing 60 or 70 mins worth of Yeo during Origin. Leniu is only playing 20 - 25 mins a game at the moment.

Assuming Sorenson comes in for Yeo, and Leniu regains his spot, they need to find 80 - 95 mins between them (all things staying equal for the rest of the pack).

This let's Sorenson get back up to speed at NRL level and build combinations, and let's Spencer expand his lungs.

And of course as I'm typing this, have just seen that NSW Cup has been postponed due to COVID. Lol. That's highly unfortunate.
Cup just rescheduled to 1pm Saturday

kinghippo

Juniors
Yeah I don't think it needs to be that dramatic. Sorensen could use NRL minutes before Origin. Leniu could use a game where he plays big minutes and someone needs to make way. We're a full 2 points ahead and this isn't the most threatening game. I can see the logic.
We should do the same with May for the next few weeks

Smug Panther

First Grade
Couldn’t care less if we lost every game during the origin period. Tapering off then building back up for the finals is the go

betcats

Referee
I think if its just about getting him more minutes it makes some sense. We could just up his FG minutes but if he is struggling for fitness he becomes a liability playing longer minutes in FG. Also Yeo will need a rest at some point if he plays three origins, ideally we could give him a week off after the series at some point.

Worth noting we still gotta play souths, parra, roosters all twice and the storm again, its a tough draw from here, as we saw last season the top two spots and a week off are pretty important.

Latest posts