What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That’s surprising re Moses as it was expected he has a new long term deal coming.
I expect him to take the option. He obviously doesn't have a no-brainer offer or he would've signed already. He can start negotiating again in November. If he has a big finals series his price will be massive.

IFR33K

Coach
Seems odd moses isn’t extending to be honest. If we’re offering 850-900, can’t see him getting a great deal more.

eels_fan

First Grade
You don't really get the citing thing do you? Here it is so your post doesn't get deleted again.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/br...ract-statuses-of-three-eels-superstars-174005

I do get it - and given I have posted about 20 articles in the past week with the sources attached, I can live without your unnecessary wank comments.

there is post on the previous page saying “the guy on SEN said....” and that is still standing.

have a snickers and cheer up

I do get it - and given I have posted about 20 articles in the past week with the sources attached, I can live without your unnecessary wank comments.

there is post on the previous page saying “the guy on SEN said....” and that is still standing.

have a snickers and cheer up

I'm just trying to f**king help! Next time I'll just let your stuff get deleted.

eels_fan

First Grade
I'm just trying to f**king help! Next time I'll just let your stuff get deleted.

Mate I’m listening to a podcast so I provided the name of journalist, the show, and the date (today).

I didn’t even know triple m had an article written about it as I don’t go on the triple m website.

I figured given “the media guy on SEN” is acceptable that “Brent Reed on Triple M” is also

Mate I’m listening to a podcast so I provided the name of journalist, the show, and the date (today).

I didn’t even know triple m had an article written about it as I don’t go on the triple m website.

I figured given “the media guy on SEN” is acceptable that “Brent Reed on Triple M” is also

I'm not disagreeing with the logic. Just reviewing past outcomes.

Eelementary

Post Whore
According to Brent Reed on Triple M
- Nath Brown signed a 2 year deal today. Club offered less than the original $600k offer he rejected and he accepted it. Smart work O’Neill
- Moses likely to just activate his 1 year option for 2022 and not sign a longer deal, allowing him to negotiate with new Brisbane team for 2023. Decision must be made by next Thursday.
- Matterson has 3 weeks left to decide, wants to stay

Everyone panic!

I think it's clever from Moses, tbh - back yourself, play great footy, and get a big pay day.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Everyone panic!

I think it's clever from Moses, tbh - back yourself, play great footy, and get a big pay day.

Probably a win-win really for everyone.

Touch wood we dont but if we say flop in the finals again. Moses finals record might count against him next year when negotiating with other clubs. We arent locked in long term and can assess our options next year if mitch is still the future.

While if the he takes us to the promised land or close to it he gets a payrise and we get possibly get an elusive premiership where everyone is happy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well Dane Woke-Guy’s price went down a couple of 100k after the bath he copped from the Fox.

He only plays good in maroon.

hindy111

Post Whore
That’s surprising re Moses as it was expected he has a new long term deal coming.

He says he doesn't want the money but that means. I want as much money as I can. I will got to Brisbane in 23 as I feel the side will be far better then.

hindy111

Post Whore
Ok back it up. I just listened
He said his feel is Moses will take one year. No actual information on this just a gut feel......

hindy111

Post Whore
Seems odd moses isn’t extending to be honest. If we’re offering 850-900, can’t see him getting a great deal more.

Agree. I reckon a strong club would pay 1mill max. A weak club maybe 1.1
Sides have seen enough of Mitch to know he is a yoyo. Up and down. His form last year would of got him maybe 650k. He was average.
Lets not go off half cooked this season either. Our forwards have been amazing amd setting a platform. Mitch's kicking games been solid but I don't feel he is tearing teams apart.

hindy111

Post Whore
I wouldn't be concerned if we did the one year and moved on from him. D.Brown and Arthurs has a nice ring to it. It would also enable us to keep a very strong 17 in other positions.

IFR33K

Coach
Agree. I reckon a strong club would pay 1mill max. A weak club maybe 1.1
Sides have seen enough of Mitch to know he is a yoyo. Up and down. His form last year would of got him maybe 650k. He was average.
Lets not go off half cooked this season either. Our forwards have been amazing amd setting a platform. Mitch's kicking games been solid but I don't feel he is tearing teams apart.

Agree with most of what you said except about his kicking game. It’s been great, especially his long kicking game. His form this year has been really good, glad the club just hasn’t thrown an unrealistic figure at him that he can’t refuse. I understand he’s willing to back himself by only taking up the option for next year, but IMO it’s a huge gamble. Injuries and loss of form can quickly dictate how much he could get in 2023

Latest posts