What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T-Boon

Coach
Agree. I reckon a strong club would pay 1mill max. A weak club maybe 1.1
Sides have seen enough of Mitch to know he is a yoyo. Up and down. His form last year would of got him maybe 650k. He was average.
Lets not go off half cooked this season either. Our forwards have been amazing amd setting a platform. Mitch's kicking games been solid but I don't feel he is tearing teams apart.

This year and the start of last year has shown us that Mitch is one of the best halves in the game when he isnt carrying a leg injury. He has been very consistent really for the last 3 years apart from when injured.

Gronk

Staff member
REally? So the bloke himself (and his immediate family) have no choice in how their name is pronounced? What do you expect commentators to do when informed by the player how he would prefer his name to be pronounced?
Well your take is anecdotal. I just posted what I found and believe to be the case.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I wouldn't be concerned if we did the one year and moved on from him. D.Brown and Arthurs has a nice ring to it. It would also enable us to keep a very strong 17 in other positions.
Two rookie halves, that will take 5 years to win a premiership. I'm too tired for this shit!

84 Baby

Referee
- Moses likely to just activate his 1 year option for 2022 and not sign a longer deal, allowing him to negotiate with new Brisbane team for 2023. Decision must be made by next Thursday.
Or to negotiate with Uncle Benny after he “buys” the Wigers.
And honestly part of me wants it to happen just to see the Wiger fan reaction

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree with most of what you said except about his kicking game. It’s been great, especially his long kicking game. His form this year has been really good, glad the club just hasn’t thrown an unrealistic figure at him that he can’t refuse. I understand he’s willing to back himself by only taking up the option for next year, but IMO it’s a huge gamble. Injuries and loss of form can quickly dictate how much he could get in 2023

His long kick games has been. His short average. Not many forced drop outs or variety imo. Compare it DCE,REYNOLDS,Clearly short kick games and how they mix it up.

Well your take is anecdotal. I just posted what I found and believe to be the case.

It may be anecdotal, but at least it is from the bloke himself. Not somebody else saying how his name should be pronounced. I'm sure that the lady you quote is right regarding the historic pronunciation of the name. But you can't blame commentators for honouring the wishes of the player themself.

Incorrect

Coach
It may be anecdotal, but at least it is from the bloke himself. Not somebody else saying how his name should be pronounced. I'm sure that the lady you quote is right regarding the historic pronunciation of the name. But you can't blame commentators for honouring the wishes of the player themself.
Yep. I work with a bloke whose surname begins with the letter KN... It's not a surname I've ever come across before. I won't use his real name, but let's just say it was 'KNIFE'... When I first started working with him and would intro him at meetings, I'd pronounce his name "Nife", as I presumed the K would be silent... But then I noticed when he would intro himself he would pronounce it "KeNife".... Which puzzled me but hey, I adopted that same pronunciation ever since as clearly that's how he likes it said, regardless of what I think...

T.S Quint

Coach
Yep. I work with a bloke whose surname begins with the letter KN... It's not a surname I've ever come across before. I won't use his real name, but let's just say it was 'KNIFE'... When I first started working with him and would intro him at meetings, I'd pronounce his name "Nife", as I presumed the K would be silent... But then I noticed when he would intro himself he would pronounce it "KeNife".... Which puzzled me but hey, I adopted that same pronunciation ever since as clearly that's how he likes it said, regardless of what I think...

Tell him he’s wrong.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In the Scandinavian languages they have a few words that start with 'kn' (generally the same words that start with 'kn' in English) and neither letter is silent in their pronunciation.

84 Baby

Referee
You work with Dick Knob?