What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manu Vatuvei

Blair

Coach
I don't think we've had any 'wanker' try celebrators? I loved Hurrell's cheeky little kiss to mum. There'd he'd be, under a mess of battered bodies, yet he'd still find space for the corner camera.

Oh, Konnie, where'd it all go wrong? You could've been one of the great ones.

Was one of my favourites... no longer...

Wow based on charges not yet processed though the courts eh?

Guilty or not I feel Manu will need compassionate people to help him get through this ordeal.

I wouldn't want him to do something stupid (again) in harming himself due to feeling the pinch of his decision making.

I hate P. I just feel the people whom succumb to the drug need more help in getting them well.

Let's see what unfolds.

Ive read the articles on the other men charged. Friggen massive humans who were the muscle and had the contacts. I read somewhere the prosecution are claiming Manu was the financier of all this. But it will all come out in court.
Great Warrior on the field
Guilty or not guilty he is going to get hammered off the field

TheDMC

Bench
Ive read the articles on the other men charged. Friggen massive humans who were the muscle and had the contacts. I read somewhere the prosecution are claiming Manu was the financier of all this. But it will all come out in court.
Great Warrior on the field
Guilty or not guilty he is going to get hammered off the field

I think it would be fair to say his reputation will be in tatters no matter the result. I don't imagine the NZ courts would be going ahead with this case unless there is strong evidence he was involved one or the other. Making the charges stick is of course another matter. What a shame, probably Warrior's number 2 cult hero, behind Stacey.

TheDMC

Bench
Heard something interesting today via a friend who doesn't follow league and is not the gossipy type, and no idea his source. It might be a complete crock...but there is rumour going round that the Vatuvei, Parker, McGill (kidnapped former Aussie cricketer) situations are all linked to the same international meth ring, and that Buzz Rothfield is soon to break a story that some Manly players are involved too.

Scott

Bench
Heard something interesting today via a friend who doesn't follow league and is not the gossipy type, and no idea his source. It might be a complete crock...but there is rumour going round that the Vatuvei, Parker, McGill (kidnapped former Aussie cricketer) situations are all linked to the same international meth ring, and that Buzz Rothfield is soon to break a story that some Manly players are involved too.

Good grief! That is out-there.

TheDMC

Bench
I’d say 80% likely a crock. Pretty easy for some numpty to connect some dots with zero real evidence or insight and convince themselves that they are on the money, or just stirring.

Matua

Bench
Yeah, I got that same forwarded message yesterday too from a mate who's a Manly fan.

Tongue

Juniors
Lets hope the Manly story breaks before kick off ;-)

Meth

Staff member
I’d say 80% likely a crock. Pretty easy for some numpty to connect some dots with zero real evidence or insight and convince themselves that they are on the money, or just stirring.

Yeah, lets just wait until it breaks (if it does) and see what the story is then

JJ

Immortal
Let's not speculate about something that is already speculation.

And lets especially not start throwing around names
Inception level speculation... couple of names spring to my mind as being obvious candidates...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Interesting, hadn’t heard anything along those lines at all

When this story first broke a year and a half ago, I was told the name of a current Warriors player also involved in the sting but nothing more has come of that although there are a couple of danger signs there

Last edited:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I saw the text going around that people are talking about the other day. Doesn’t name anyone specifically and could be nothing.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I saw the text going around that people are talking about the other day. Doesn’t name anyone specifically and could be nothing.
Might be a lot like those Griffin texts last year, most likely another Buzz special that he found at the bottom of a $10 bottle of red

Last edited:

Latest posts