What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2021

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don’t believe Doueihi is a natural playmaker either. Both of our halves are ball runners.
Doueihi at 13, Brooks at 6 and a new controlling halfback changes the dynamic of this team attack wise. Our hooker and fullback still have training wheels on and should not be burdened with organising and running the attack. We need an organising half more than any other position.
Stryker I share the majority of your opinions pertaining to the rabble.However im confident in time that AD will alter ur opinion about him.The kid is an intelligent & passionate player.He’s a natural 5/8 & I believe him DL & JS will develop into a top draw spine with AD as our long term captain.I’m expecting Hastings to complete our spine next season & was hoping Madden would throw his hat in the ring for the 7 job this season.My only criticism toward AD is his vulnerability defending although I’ve no doubt he will do his utmost to rectify it.

Stryker I share the majority of your opinions pertaining to the rabble.However im confident in time that AD will alter ur opinion about him.The kid is an intelligent & passionate player.He’s a natural 5/8 & I believe him DL & JS will develop into a top draw spine with AD as our long term captain.I’m expecting Hastings to complete our spine next season & was hoping Madden would throw his hat in the ring for the 7 job this season.My only criticism toward AD is his vulnerability defending although I’ve no doubt he will do his utmost to rectify it.

Well said Tedster.

I think @Strykers criticisms of ad are disproportionate and Ill-considered given Brooks et al.

He’s still very young and grows from strength to strength.

If I share Stykers concerns it’s about overall effort and application which has been wanting as well as poor on field decisions. I think he’s a bit each way with Madge but will only upgrade to something better.

The emergent pack is now beginning to get more game time. They should improve but it won’t be flawless.

Hastings will provide a massive boost as a utility if not half.

And we remain cashed up. If we cannot lure existing marquee, we will be well served by AD types.

I remain unconvinced of any impact this year unless we get consistency and have luck with injuries.

We are still unsure which side is going to turn up.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I liked what I saw Sunday. We were clunky but played tough and stayed grafted it out. The attack flowed better in the second half which is hopefully a sign of things to come.

Need to see it backed up this week before I start to believe again.

stryker

First Grade
Very happy to be proven wrong on this one Ted, if he increased his urgency I’d be more impressed.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I think Brooks just needs to find a new club. He's been around for so long without any success that it must be ingrained into his psyche that it's okay not to win. I'm not trying to knock the guy, I think he has alot of talent but it would be better for both parties if he just went to a new club and we let a new halfback take the reigns.

Doueihi fmd is not an organizing half. He's a ball running 5/8 and that is it. Whoever he partners with needs to be a complete organized with a superb kicking game

Let Hastings, Brooks and Madden fight it out for halfback spot and whoever wins gets the 7 Jersey and the other two play reserves. No bench utility. No slot in a dummy half. No bench impact whatever. Its a straight up race for 7 and the others sit in reserves. If Hastings beats Brooks then Brooks should start looking for a new club. If not, then I guess Brooks is here to stay for a while more

Tigerm

First Grade
Geez the results are getting so lopsided aren't they?

A lot of injuries happening.

If we can get our act together, we may be able sneak up the ladder pretty quickly? If we can win the next 4 games (it's certainly doable) we are a big chance of sitting in the top 8?
Though IF is a scary word when talking about the WT's:D

We play:
Titans
Knights
Warriors
Dragons

Before we hit Penrith.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

If we can get our act together, we may be able sneak up the ladder pretty quickly? If we can win the next 4 games (it's certainly doable) we are a big chance of sitting in the top 8?

We play:
Titans
Knights
Warriors
Dragons

Before we hit Penrith.

Warriors scare me the most out of that lot, but certainly beatable

It really is a weak comp isn’t it?

to put in perspective we are only sitting 2 points outside of the 8 currently despite how shit we’ve been

obviously our for and against is crap though so it really feels like we are 4

Tigerm

First Grade
Warriors scare me the most out of that lot, but certainly beatable

It really is a weak comp isn’t it?

to put in perspective we are only sitting 2 points outside of the 8 currently despite how shit we’ve been

obviously our for and against is crap though so it really feels like we are 4
Yeah, that Cows game is going to haunt us I fear?

Tiger Ted

Bench

We play:
Titans
Knights
Warriors
Dragons

Before we hit Penrith.
This pissweak defense challenged team have buckleys of winning the next 4.Realistically we might win 2.Additionally we won’t win a game in the subsequent 4 games against penrith parra storm Souths

Tiger Ted

Bench
This pissweak defense challenged team have buckleys of winning the next 4.Realistically we might win 2.Additionally we won’t win a game in the subsequent 4 games against penrith parra storm Souths
I stand corrected.I meant to say we won’t win any of the next 4 games

Tigerm

First Grade
I didn’t watch last weeks game, but see Fifita will get 2 weeks for an incident against us?

Once again, we are penalised and the Titans next two opponents are rewarded, just sucks.

stryker

First Grade
I didn’t watch last weeks game, but see Fifita will get 2 weeks for an incident against us?

Once again, we are penalised and the Titans next two opponents are rewarded, just sucks.
The review-penalty system does no provide the team who were fouled with anywhere near the same benefit as the teams who will benefit from his suspension in future weeks.
Any “on report” penalty should be an automatic 6 points added to the fouled team’s score plus 10 minutes in the bin for the perpetrator.

Tigerm

First Grade
The next 2 games, Warriors & Dragons will probably show us where we are headed for the season?

Amazingly, if Warriors (V Eels) and Titans (V Panthers) lose, we will infact only be 2 pts out of the 8?

BUT

After these 2 games we play: Panthers, Eels, Storm and Rabbits.

Anything can happen?

Last edited: