What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So can I still pronounce his name as gay guy?
Honestly, this alternate 'Guh-guy' pronunciation makes more sense. That's how I assumed it was pronounced before I'd ever heard Rabs say it. We all know how Gundagai is pronounced. Just replace Gund- with G and you should have Gagai. Of course if the player in question wants it pronounced a certain way it's a bit rude to pretend we know better.

IFR33K

Coach
Honestly, this alternate 'Guh-guy' pronunciation makes more sense. That's how I assumed it was pronounced before I'd ever heard Rabs say it. We all know how Gundagai is pronounced. Just replace Gund- with G and you should have Gagai. Of course if the player in question wants it pronounced a certain way it's a bit rude to pretend we know better.

You truly are the peoples people

Seriously mate. As long as you are happy to congratulate those responsible for the signing if it works out, this is fair enough. If Cartwright had no baggage to deal with, you'd be paying $400k plus. If you don't take risks you have zero chance. Criticise the risks after they blow up, for sure. But (and fell free to quote me on this if it does blow up) this is a pretty good signing, and perhaps even better than that.

This was me replying to the usual suspects back in November re the Cartwright signing

Gronk

Staff member
Need to re-sign Ferguson instead of signing gagai
A merkin at the game reckons that ship has sailed. He reckons we put a reduced offer to him and he wanted about the same so we mutually parted ways. Who knows, he may test the market and come knocking on our door ?

Glenneel

Bench
With Drown and Niukore both suspended for a couple of weeks who do we put in their place? Will Mahoney be cleared to play next week from concussion? With all the furour about Drown (from Robinson and press) you can guarantee the tribunal will come down hard on him!

Waqa is slated to come back next week but with no games under his belt would assume will play several games in reserves before being considered. Will we promote Peninisi or Oldfield into centres? Looking at the long term personally I'd promote Peninisi in a game we should win comfortably to see how he goes.

Who do we put in at 5/8th? Do we promote Rankin or shoe horn Matto or Cartwright into position. Currently we have 28 players in top squad so do we bring in, say Perham, to play in position?

If Mahoney unable to play do we bring in Lussick or promote Roache into squad and play him? I think we should have a backup D/H on bench to rest Mahoney anyway.

Last edited:

T.S Quint

Coach
With Drown and Niukore both suspended for a couple of weeks who do we put in their place? Will Mahoney be cleared to play next week from concussion? With all the furour about Drown (from Robinson and press) you can guarantee the tribunal will come down hard on him!

Waqa is slated to come back next week but with no games under his belt would assume will play several games in reserves before being considered. Will we promote Peninisi or Oldfield into centres? Looking at the long term personally I'd promote Peninisi in a game we should win comfortably to see how he goes.

Who do we put in at 5/8th? Do we promote Rankin or shoe horn Matto or Cartwright into position. Currently we have 28 players in top squad so do we bring in, say Perham, to play in position?

If Mahoney unable to play do we bring in Lussick or promote Roache into squad and play him? I think we should have a backup Fake on bench to rest Mahoney anyway.

Waqa will come straight into the team. No reserve grade for him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
A merkin at the game reckons that ship has sailed. He reckons we put a reduced offer to him and he wanted about the same so we mutually parted ways. Who knows, he may test the market and come knocking on our door ?

That is disappointing - Ferguson will be sorely missed.

Noise

Coach

If Mahoney unable to play do we bring in Lussick or promote Roache into squad and play him? I think we should have a backup Fake on bench to rest Mahoney anyway.
Waqa will come straight into right center.

Avenger

Immortal
I reckon it’s the right call not re-signing Ferguson. He is worth $350k tops and if he wants anymore he is simply not worth it at his age. I’d be using either Dunster or Blake at wing next year and using any surplus funds to acquire a mid tier experienced centre like Opačić until Penisini or Russell is ready.

Latest posts