What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd9: Parra v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 7/5/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
If Pou is right and Haze can not play fullback we are in deep shit if Gutherson goes down. Who is our back up?

Marata and Brown will get 3 - 4 weeks. I'd run with this -

1.Guth
2. Ferg
3.Blake
4. Opacic
5. Sivo
6.Matterson
7 Moses
8 Rcg
9 Mahoney/ Smith if fit and Mahoneys rested.
10 rcg
11 Papa
12 Cartwright
13 Brown

14 Kafusi
15 Lane
16 Stone/Smith if fit
17 Hipgrave

Bar Mahoney I do not feel we would lose a whole lot.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If Pou is right and Haze can not play fullback we are in deep shit if Gutherson goes down. Who is our back up?

Marata and Brown will get 3 - 4 weeks. I'd run with this -

1.Guth
2. Ferg
3.Blake
4. Opacic
5. Sivo
6.Matterson
7 Moses
8 Rcg
9 Mahoney/ Smith if fit and Mahoneys rested.
10 rcg
11 Papa
12 Cartwright
13 Brown

14 Kafusi
15 Lane
16 Stone/Smith if fit
17 Hipgrave

Bar Mahoney I do not feel we would lose a whole lot.
Don't forget Emu Greg. He's playing big minutes in the 2s. They are obviously building his condition.

Glenneel

Bench
Mahoney is maybe our best player and hardest to replace. It threw our whole structure off.
Sivos was a try. That was a very silly decision. And RCG should of stood. There was a half second where ball was close and no vision. How can we be sure it didn't touch at that point? Very very Silly.
Always happens to Parra. A two second look by the bunker to make a decision that is inconclusive at best, always to our detriment, yet they repeat over and over clear decisions to try to deny us a fair try.

84 Baby

Referee

hineyrulz

Post Whore

84 Baby

Referee
If this was reversed I think I’d have been happy with the Marata hit on report and Drown to be binned but I keep rewatching them and where are either of them meant to go?
Marata was careless but Tedesco decides he’s too tall so will his legs to disappear and there wasn’t any malice in Drown. Was just coming in to make tackle but Hutchinson went to ground quicker than he could get there

strider

Post Whore
I don't think Robinson is trying to comment on the degree of badness of the incidents - I think his outrage is over the fact that the process was so bad it f**ked up their chance to use the 18th man ..... at first nothing happened .... then nothing proceeded to happen until they ran back on after halftime at which stage they were told Drown had also been put on report ..... and apparently that delay meant they couldn't put their 18th man into the game

which I think is absolutely spot on ...... why couldn't they get the 18th man in once Drown was put on report? ..... and why did the video ref not think it report worthy at the time and then later decided it was? What changed? They called an ambo?

I actually think the video ref was just desperate to get the roosters the ball back - so decided to go all the way back to niukore's tackle to make that happen before the roosters knocked on

Delboy

First Grade
NRL
Rule 1. Don’t upset the Roosters and Uncle Nick
Rule 2. Don’t upset Storm and News Ltd
Rule 3. Media go overtop to protect mates, Robinson, Sticky and Bennett , and those clubs who are close to where journos live .
Rule 4. Don’t worry about Western Sydney clubs as they are the heartland , no matter how they are treated.
Rule 5. See rules 1 to 4.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Defense on the try line was a concern they only spent 3 sets attacking inside the 20 and scored twice. Sivo had no reason to come in both of those tries.

We were a couple of inches away from scoring 40 pts. 3 tries were called back and if they werent its potentially 48-18. And more reflective of our dominace. I would have preferred one more try 37-18 would have shut the critics up a little bit.

Had to put up with arrogant roosters fans behind us one of their kids was calling for them to break papalii legs all game and the father was encouraging it like seriously. They certainly have a swagger these days the chooks fans i suppose that's what a few comps does to you.

Also a group in the bay across got kicked out after halftime because they were dancing on a chair while dance cam was on. Apprantley a venue staff member complained and the cops took them away. Like whats the point of doing halftime entertainment if you are going to get kicked out for expressing themselves.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just carrying on from the other thread: So after last night with Rheed coming off. Do you still think we should carry a winger on the bench rather than a utility/ or reserve hooker? Dunster made it on with 4 mins left in the game. Yesterday proved why having a winger on the bench is freakn useless.
We lost our hooker and still won. I doubt that would've been the case if we'd lost a winger or centre instead. So yes, an outside back on the bench is better. Obviously Will Smith would've been better but he's injured.

JokerEel

Coach
Drown and Marata will go for 4+ weeks as it happened to the Roosters.. If this happened on a Saturday arvo against the Cowboys you would hear nothing of it.. Not saying what they did was right but it's funny how they will be punished because of the opponent..

JokerEel

Coach
We lost our hooker and still won. I doubt that would've been the case if we'd lost a winger or centre instead. So yes, an outside back on the bench is better. Obviously Will Smith would've been better but he's injured.

With Drown out we will need a utility type player on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.