What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Penrith games

murraymob

Coach
Storm 50 bunnies nil
Bunnies with lots of players out.but no team that has let in 50 has gone on to win.munster has missed a lot of conversion kicks it could be 60

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Storm could easily go back to back this year. I think we are the only ones who can stop them (injuries not withstanding for either side), and even then, I think they are a better side at full strength and at peak performance. The good news is, they are not at peak performance all the time, so it's not like we couldn't grind out a win when it matters.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Storm could easily go back to back this year. I think we are the only ones who can stop them (injuries not withstanding for either side), and even then, I think they are a better side at full strength and at peak performance. The good news is, they are not at peak performance all the time, so it's not like we couldn't grind out a win when it matters.

The Storm are the most ruthless team in the comp in terms of piling on big scores against bad teams and tonight at least Souths were bad. Melbourne are still our biggest threat and if anything they are more dynamic in attack without C Smith.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Yep 100% accurate. We haven't been on our best game over the past few weeks and they, unfortunately, have been sizzling. Definately the 2 best teams atm. A cracker of a game if both are at peak performance.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Yep 100% accurate. We haven't been on our best game over the past few weeks and they, unfortunately, have been sizzling. Definately the 2 best teams atm. A cracker of a game if both are at peak performance.
This is a good thing, we peaked far too early last year. This is still our comp to lose

franklin2323

Immortal
The Storm are the most ruthless team in the comp in terms of piling on big scores against bad teams and tonight at least Souths were bad. Melbourne are still our biggest threat and if anything they are more dynamic in attack without C Smith.

Their kicking game is poor. So keep them in their half and you win

The Realist

Juniors
Melbourne are efficient and ruthless. Even during our famed streak last year we were rarely anywhere near this good. We just don’t seem to put teams away. I have noticed this year that we have periods were we are dominant then we just switch off, drift and give the opposition a sniff.

Our defence is what wins most of our games, my concern is we don’t seem to be able to climb the gears quickly and don’t seem to be able to get above 4th. In the rare instances were our defence fails like in the GF loss, we aren’t able to play catch up.

The Realist

Juniors
Their kicking game is poor. So keep them in their half and you win

Their forwards have a better power game then ours, they are quicker and more creative around the ruck and their backs are faster than ours as well.

They don’t need to have a brilliant kicking game.

The_Frog

First Grade
Souths defence was truly abysmal tonight. They were missing players but really only Graham and Murray are noted defenders. You could see why Madge didn't want Benji in this game.

The score flattered them because Munster is such a poor goal kicker.

Original Name

Juniors
Seeing Manly's reserve grade, they will struggle big time to make the eight if the NRL side has a few injuries. No depth at all.
Manly reggies 13 was good.
If Paps drops out due to injury out and I really like our chances with no good back up goal kicker. If Grant gets injured they're still a very good side but completely different without him there. Probably have a better full strength team (on paper) atm and we have better depth in general.

But I think because because Melborune are a better team on paper any gap is a bit deceptive. We're a better than the sum of our parts team. Intangible things like hunger and desire after losing a gf are hard to calculate when you weigh up who'll win.

age.s

First Grade
We haven't been any less dominant or creative than Melbourne imo. They're just icing their half chances while our last passes aren't sticking. How many games have we had this year against sub par opposition where the score should have been 50+ but for the bounce of the ball or poor option at the death? Even so our f/a is comparable to theirs.

The biggest question mark over us is whether our composure in the biggest moments has improved.

hindy111

Post Whore
And no Papenhauzen.
Unless injuries I do not see anyone stopping them other then you guys.
Eels are a possibility if Bryce and Matterson goes up to origin level.

But still the Dtorm are just organised better. Individual basis it isnt any better a side.
G.Jennings and Remis Smith wouldn't get a sniff at most of the top clubs 17.
Who is the Storms most important player? Or is it just the system that works so well.

chrisD

Coach
Their outside backs are man for man much better attacking players in their positions than ours. But our defensive structure is stronger, their line can be beaten.

murraymob

Coach
Tigers v titans
Titans out to 18 nil before a tigers fight back
Zac Cini learning first grade is not all fantasy .Titans targeting his side of feild

Kilkenny

Coach
Tigers v titans
Titans out to 18 nil before a tigers fight back
Zac Cini learning first grade is not all fantasy .Titans targeting his side of feild

When you see what Brian To’o delivers they are a million miles apart.

Cini had a dream debut but doesn’t look NRL quality to me. Hope I’m wrong but just can’t see it.

murraymob

Coach
The titans are average
The run there plays 2 or 3 wide then resort to a high kick for Don .Prepare for that and we will win

Latest posts