What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Gold Coast @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Wests Tigers v Gold Coast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Maybe not next year or the year after that but maybe the year after that we are a rough chance of top 8

This f**ken team kills me.

1. Brooks defends pretty well but puts in a shit kick and clearly he isn't a top tier half or anywhere close to it.
2. Nofo hits it up hard but lets his winger score tries without touching them.
3. Our starting props are miles behind our bench props.
4. We have a bunch of guys that just make mistakes. Cini was terrible. Doueihi and Laurie both need to add some polish to their games. Just to be clear Doueihi and Laurie are guys we have to build around.
5. Defensively we just fall to pieces and let teams score way to many points against us.

There are some positives but Madge needs to change shit around as quickly as possible.

Possible options:-
1. Drop Brooks. I don't think this will help much but it can't hurt to give Madden some chances this year.
2. Twal and Tamou have to be dropped at least to the bench. They both aren't bad but the simple fact is Stef and Seyfarth are definitely better players and probably Mikaele as well.
3. Liddle needs more game time. I'd re-sign him and play him ahead of Simpkin. Simpkin to the bench. We have some quality options here but Simpkin needs to tighten his game up and Liddle deserves more chances.

I get the Brooks hate now. He isn't that bad but he isn't that good. You want to have a better option. It's not even his fault really because he can actually defend and our biggest issue is defense.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Lol knew Brooks would be the scape goat.

Cini was garbage and channeled that performance that useless knights winger weeks ago when we played them

Vic Mackey

Referee
Is it true Madge said in the press conference some of the players brought boots with the wrong studs? I couldn’t get over how many times they fell over tonight. Disgusting attitude and ‘professionalism’ if true

Pezz70

Juniors

Cini was garbage and channeled that performance that useless knights winger weeks ago when we played them

He ain’t no scape goat, in fact using the word goat anywhere near him should be an offence. Seem to me every time we get some
Momentum Brooks is there to put us back on the back foot. The grubber kick to Fogarty was something he must practice, he nails that play every single week, this week it led to a try and a massive momentum swing. I’m not a Brooks hater, but I’ve had enough.

stryker

First Grade
Our team actually looks pretty good now if we can get rid of Brooks and Mbye. I’d give Cini another chance
Really, What is impressing you exactly?
The terrible starts? The 30 points a game we let in? The squandered opportunities in attack? How aweful our wingers are under the highball? Maybe it’s the way we finish off our sets? Our confusion inside the opposition red zone? The way we defend ours? Our attacking kicks and the effort put in to chase them? Getting rolled up the middle? Getting smashed on the edges? Our lack of concentration? Our lack of strength? The lack of speed in the backline? The lack of mongrel in the pack? Our ability to let opposition teams score multiple tries in blocks? Our lack of vision and discipline? Our lack of set plays and structure in attack? The one up hit ups as opposed to bodies in motion? The defence as a whole? The accountability within the team and the club?

I know, it’s the fact we only have to put in for 40 minutes every game to create the veneer of competitiveness...Yep I agree, where do I line up to get their autographs?

Pezz70

Juniors
Mikaele, Utoikamanu, Seyfarth are trying hard. Joe O can go, he is just not good enough and Tamou can join him.

macnaz

Staff member

Ok ill bite.
Yes Cini made some terrible mistakes ( a rookie mind you) , but we defended them and got back into the game..
But we then watched well paid seasoned and experienced players miss tackles due to effort and or ridiculous positional play ..
A half back that after 150 games still cant kick a ball between two players 5 metres apart..
A hooker that is just a passing/tackle machine that provides zero to game management and creativity ..
Both our halves attacking kicks went to Don's side who happens to be one of the safest ball handling wingers in the game.
We bring on Liddle when we had zero momentum with perhaps 25 to go when the game was done.
Madge was as equally responsible for what happened once again.

Agree with what most have said above but gee, the praise by some including in the media for AD astounds me, truly he is slow, and loves to hold onto the ball, if he passed the ball more instead of going on his own it would be great, I wonder if he actually tells his centre’s or wingers what he wants them to do, where he wants them to run etc.

OK, he did it for the BJ try which was the best try that BJ had scored in his time at the club. It was a great pass to that slow winger who some said he should have played SOO last year, but other than that, well.

Madden must come in for Brooks, Madge dropped him last year, he must do it again.

macnaz

Staff member
Madge is a one trick pony , doesnt understand the game , opposition teams, players abilities and game plans .
Easy to coach a team of purchased talented stars and giants .. but its obvious he is unable to identify and develop the skills and commitment for people to become those players!

Tiger05

First Grade
It’s clear the players didn’t respect him....they would have had a go if they did.

Do you honestly think they didn't have a go because they didn't respect him. They have bigger issues than playing for Tommy.

Tiger05

First Grade
Mikaele, Utoikamanu, Seyfarth are trying hard. Joe O can go, he is just not good enough and Tamou can join him.

Hoe much better are our bench middle forwards compared to the starting middle forwards. I think Joe O is looking okay. He isn't great but he is the best performer out of the starting middle forwards.