What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chad hooked

sladden road

Juniors
f**k, Ricco summed it up well in the cast .

Chad is not part of the plan next year, plus the year is a write off .

So let’s first, with the greatest thanks for all your hard work etc etc, put Chad in Newtown.
Then we can see who’s going to step up.
I’d say Trinidal should be given a go with both Sj and Mm.

Chad is not THE problem, there are many, but f**k we are foregoing this year for future greatness. So let’s rip the bad aid all the way off.
At least it will be good for a few pages of forum fun times.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Another don’t offend anyone approach. This is what’s wrong with the place. Give everyone a trophy fmd.

I don't think that actually.

So let’s first, with the greatest thanks for all your hard work etc etc, put Chad in Newtown.

Chad is not THE problem, there are many, but f**k we are foregoing this year for future greatness. So let’s rip the bad aid all the way off.

My prediction is they will, after they decide they are not going to get in the semis. Being saying this for weeks but possibly not publically, don't remember. Defo in PMs.

I expect Fitz will try and instill a "next man up" mentality like the top sides have. For this and to make final retention decisions certain players will be targetted e.g. ARey and existing players will be assessed for things like fighting qualities, resilience, toughness, commitment. People qualities. Skills can be taught, qualities are both contagious and inate.

Cut the rust FItzy, cut the rust.

Quicksilver

Bench
Can’t teach natural born talent. Luckily for the Roosters they can buy enough players with it and shape the rest.

sandshark

Bench
I think he'll probably bench one of them during the game next week too. I know it wont happen but I'd like to see either Townsend or Johnson at #7 and the other dropped. I think Moylan was fine at five eight before he went down and should be given another crack. Problem is if you drop one of them we will only have 1 kicker out there.

Townsend and Johnson together just dont work in my opinion and its time to test other options.

sladden road

Juniors
Can’t teach natural born talent. Luckily for the Roosters they can buy enough players with it and shape the rest.
In saying that I take my hat off to the rooesters for last night. They played f**kin tough with a team of not first picked players.I like what Robbo has instilled in that place. Bring some of that Fitz. We used to have that sort of fortitude.

Frenzy.

Immortal
In saying that I take my hat off to the rooesters for last night. They played f**kin tough with a team of not first picked players.I like what Robbo has instilled in that place. Bring some of that Fitz. We used to have that sort of fortitude.

Yep. "next man up!"

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Fitz picked us cos he knew we were in the position to make mass changes. If he goes to one of the other clubs he is probably 2-3 years from making the same impact he can from the get go at sharks. Looking forward to the broom.

imasharkie

Coach
Well if i was the Cowboys coach i would be very worried , and asking did we read the right price ticket , cause it's seems we thought we were buying the 60' TV and we're actually getting the 30" , F#$K .
Cowboys just resigned Drinkwater ( obviously covering all bases)
I can't see Deardan and CT being a top rating combo.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Cowboys just resigned Drinkwater ( obviously covering all bases)
I can't see Deardan and CT being a top rating combo.

Yes, it's odd.

They haven't signed Chad to play for the Blackhawks based on the $$$. Drinkwater, since he went to 6 has reignited the Cows and is on fire. For me leaves Deardon out in the cold.

Yet they have Holmes who could play wing with Drinkwater at fullback.

They haven't re signed Glanville and Toddy seems to like the 2 hooker rotation and Robson is doing OK. Will one of the halves be a hooker.?

Will Toddy just fit them all in to have the strongest team overall rather than just pick the best individuals in preferred positions?

It's an interesting thing to watch where they head and with players now buying into whatever TPs vision is the final look of the Cows could be very different next year

Looking forward to their game next week against the Roosters. Cows first test since they found form.

Ads

First Grade
Drinkwater will play fullback. Trained there in the off season. Holmes probably back to the wing.

Yes, it's odd.

They haven't signed Chad to play for the Blackhawks based on the $$$. Drinkwater, since he went to 6 has reignited the Cows and is on fire. For me leaves Deardon out in the cold.

Yet they have Holmes who could play wing with Drinkwater at fullback.

They haven't re signed Glanville and Toddy seems to like the 2 hooker rotation and Robson is doing OK. Will one of the halves be a hooker.?

Will Toddy just fit them all in to have the strongest team overall rather than just pick the best individuals in preferred positions?

It's an interesting thing to watch where they head and with players now buying into whatever TPs vision is the final look of the Cows could be very different next year

Looking forward to their game next week against the Roosters. Cows first test since they found form.
Apparently Payten has said somewhere that Deardon has been bought to ply his trade under Chad and learn, basically taking Cliffords spot and being the back up half. Drinkwater will be playing in the halves with Chad.
I havent seen the comment but I was told about it.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Apparently Payten has said somewhere that Deardon has been bought to ply his trade under Chad and learn, basically taking Cliffords spot and being the back up half. Drinkwater will be playing in the halves with Chad.

I've read or heard that too. Deardon must have been well pissed off to take a deal based on that. He could have established a spot at the Broncos but that Tyson Gamble fella looked OK the last 2 weeks for the Broncos so who knows

Riccio really impressed me in that podcast. For that matter so did the podcast. Thanks Sam, top shelf mate

snout

First Grade
I saw him say it.
They asked him and he said what you explained. He basically said neithers a 6 and we havent started negotiations with drinky yet.

Maybe they explained in the discussions pre-signing he would learn off chad and that appealed to him. Hes been finding his own way at the broncs with no quality 7 - and lm sure he has a better opinion of chad than us. A young half and the chance to prepare with a premiership winning one.

Latest posts