What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Gold Coast @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Wests Tigers v Gold Coast

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
Madge is a one trick pony , doesnt understand the game , opposition teams, players abilities and game plans .
Easy to coach a team of purchased talented stars and giants .. but its obvious he is unable to identify and develop the skills and commitment to become those players!

Him and Cleary to me are opposites. Cleary can get the team performing to their ability but absolutely screws your club over the longer term via dud recruitment decisions. He might get it right at Penrith but only because those guys are already there.

I don't think we have dud contracts on our books with Madge but he can't seem to get the team playing consistent decent footy.

As you state the dramatics don't help.

I reckon Seyfarth deserves a wrap as well. He gets smashed sometimes but he goes hard and is big mobile forward. He is a better version of Tamou and Twal.

macnaz

Staff member
Him and Cleary to me are opposites. Cleary can get the team performing to their ability but absolutely screws your club over the longer term via dud recruitment decisions. He might get it right at Penrith but only because those guys are already there.

I don't think we have dud contracts on our books with Madge but he can't seem to get the team playing consistent decent footy.

As you state the dramatics don't help.

I reckon Seyfarth deserves a wrap as well. He gets smashed sometimes but he goes hard and is big mobile forward. He is a better version of Tamou and Twal.
Seyfarth.. yeah tries hard .. but what is it that Madge actually see's in him ? Size =fail Dominate=fail Speed =fail Footwork =fail offloads= fail
Defence =pass ... so he is just looking for people to tackle for a win ... smash & tackle is Madges only plan

Sick of try hards

Back to ground zero.

That opening 3 minutes was horrific and nowhere near first grade standard. That was the game.

Madge saw that too.

He needs help in key areas, such as motivating players from the get go. He’s been trying to fix the side, but in the wrong areas. I’m sure he’s having a go. The development isn’t there. Negative growth.

As I said, I would drag in Morris ASAP to help out. A fresh set of eyes and ideas. Try not hurt Madge’s feelings, whatever.

Madge and the group aren’t working as things are.

Tiger05

First Grade
Seyfarth.. yeah tries hard .. but what is it that Madge actually see's in him ? Size =fail Dominate=fail Speed =fail Footwork =fail offloads= fail
Defence =pass ... so he is just looking for people to tackle for a win ... smash & tackle is Madges only plan

Sick of try hards

I like Seyfarth as a guy to take the spot of some other worker forwards. He does get smashed at times.

Das Hassler

Bench
Both our halves attacking kicks went to Don's side who happens to be one of the safest ball handling wingers in the game.

I could only listen in on ABC radio but that was one of the most infuriating things that stood out and had me yelling out . oh FFS..why!?
Speaking of ABC radio. ..last week they had an honourable mention for Sauso Sue's 150th game....they praised him for being an honest working toiler and without intending to be funny or mean spirited credited him with being second only to Luke Brooks for NRL games without playing a final.

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
Bring some young bloods in to taste first grade opponents. Next week the team I’d go with,
1. Laurie
2. Nofo
3. Cini
4. Bj
5. Fitzgibbon
6. Ad
7. Madden
8. Tahmou
9. Liddell
10. Mekaile
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Blore

14. Cooper
15. Steffano
16. Offa
17. Amone

Tigers1986

Juniors
Absolute hacks. I gave it to them at fulltime as they went up the tunnel. No point celebrating being 'so close' when they gave up an 18-point start to let down Tommy in a tribute match AGAIN. Flat starts, lethargy, its woeful.

Cini caught their inept bug.

Tamou spends more time sitting on his ass than playing. Told him as much from my seat - didn't turn around but it was heard. Great captain we have.

Our attack is just so predictable. There's no spice to it.

We will lose Laurie, Luciano and Simpkin within 2 years. They will want to succeed, not be lumped with this crap circus.

We might win the spoon.

Absolute hacks. I gave it to them at fulltime as they went up the tunnel. No point celebrating being 'so close' when they gave up an 18-point start to let down Tommy in a tribute match AGAIN. Flat starts, lethargy, its woeful.

Cini caught their inept bug.

Tamou spends more time sitting on his ass than playing. Told him as much from my seat - didn't turn around but it was heard. Great captain we have.

Our attack is just so predictable. There's no spice to it.

We will lose Laurie, Luciano and Simpkin within 2 years. They will want to succeed, not be lumped with this crap circus.

We might win the spoon.

At least you stayed the whole game.

18 points down after 13 minutes ...might be an nrl record for not showing up.

The spoon is a certainty I’d say. Not being unkind, just realistic.

I’m sorry you were f**ked over.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
He ain’t no scape goat, in fact using the word goat anywhere near him should be an offence. Seem to me every time we get some
Momentum Brooks is there to put us back on the back foot. The grubber kick to Fogarty was something he must practice, he nails that play every single week, this week it led to a try and a massive momentum swing. I’m not a Brooks hater, but I’ve had enough.

I’m not even saying Brooks was amazing but he wasn’t the reason why we were down 18-0 early which was ultimately the moment we had to play catch up footy

cini literally dropped 4 sitters. Even on half time he dropped a kick with literally nobody infront of him

Last edited:
I was at work but a mate text me through some updates, to say he wasn’t complimentary would be an understatement, last week the WT were horrible and won which didn’t install a lot of confidence for this week which was justified by the result yesterday.

Maxxn99

Juniors
To be honest in moving forward Madge has to bring in some changes.
1 We need an enforcer in our pack... either Musgrove or Blore must be in our starting team
2 Mbye needs only be selected as a roving middle
3 We either debut Madden or Laurie goes to 7 and Nofoaluma goes to 1
4 Cini holds his spot ... he can’t be that bad again though
5 Brooks to reserve grade...

Crazyperpman

Juniors
This team does not compete on every play.

Every single play is a competition you need to win. Every tackle you need to drive them back, every hit up you need get over the advantage line and push forward, Every kick chase you need to work together to try and tackle the opposition as far downfield as possible. Until this team realizes this they will not get better.

When broken down this is a very simple game played by very well by some simple people. This team needs to go back to basics, bring in some younger players, learn how to stick to a simple plan and even though probably loses more games than win, they will be in a position where down the track heaven forbid some decent players are willing to join this club they can move forward.

Wizardman

First Grade
In my younger days, I would watch a bad movie right through to the end (with rare exceptions) and watch my sporting teams right through to the end.
Over the last two years, I've noticed myself turning off more movies that I feel are crap and won't get better. This year over the last month or so, I've started turning off WT games early and I never use to do that in the past.
I turned off the Tigers game after 16 minutes last night and got myself some good groceries for a cook up. A mate of mine told me to "stick it out" . I felt like telling him to get f**ked...lol. I have "stuck it out" since 1988!!!! Since I started following the Tigers, I reckon we were only competitive for about 6 of those years....don't tell me to f**king "stick it out!".
Time is precious. Why waste it when these f**ks don't compete on a YEARLY BASIS!!!!!!!

Pezz70

Juniors
To be honest in moving forward Madge has to bring in some changes.
1 We need an enforcer in our pack... either Musgrove or Blore must be in our starting team
2 Mbye needs only be selected as a roving middle
3 We either debut Madden or Laurie goes to 7 and Nofoaluma goes to 1
4 Cini holds his spot ... he can’t be that bad again though
5 Brooks to reserve grade...
Musgrove is a pretender. Laurie needs to stay at 1. Hopefully Cinis hangover is cured. He was diabolical, nerves got him bad.

Pezz70

Juniors
I’m not even saying Brooks was amazing but he wasn’t the reason why we were down 18-0 early which was ultimately the moment we had to play catch up footy

cini literally dropped 4 sitters. Even on half time he dropped a kick with literally nobody infront of him

You’re right Brooks can’t be held accountable for the first 13 minutes, but the team cannot advance off the back of his kicking game, he has had 6-7 seasons to get it to standard, and he is still kicking grubbers directly into players in front of him, his defence has improved, he really struggles with game management. Kicking is a massive part of it. His long kicks always coming down between 30&20 which means the opposition effectively start their sets off the 40, he needs to find the corners 10-15 metres deeper, if the kicks are good and chasers do their job he doesn’t have to worry about the long ball going dead because the opposition will not be game to let the ball bounce. I’ve been a big Brooks supporter over the years go back through my past posts and you’ll see it, but the time has come

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Bring some young bloods in to taste first grade opponents. Next week the team I’d go with,
1. Laurie
2. Nofo
3. Cini
4. Bj
5. Fitzgibbon
6. Ad
7. Madden
8. Tahmou
9. Liddell
10. Mekaile
11. Garner
12. Luciano
13. Blore

14. Cooper
15. Steffano
16. Offa
17. Amone

At least your team would give me some interest in the game and stand a chance of enticing me to watch.. The down side is I wouldn't want to weaken the Magpies by filling those vacant positions with Tigers players.
Years ago when Tommy was coach he got them in to the finals. We lost easily and he sacked about half the team saying they would never attract a contract from any other team. He was right.There would be plenty of our first graders who would find out the same thing,

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
You’re right Brooks can’t be held accountable for the first 13 minutes, but the team cannot advance off the back of his kicking game, he has had 6-7 seasons to get it to standard, and he is still kicking grubbers directly into players in front of him, his defence has improved, he really struggles with game management. Kicking is a massive part of it. His long kicks always coming down between 30&20 which means the opposition effectively start their sets off the 40, he needs to find the corners 10-15 metres deeper, if the kicks are good and chasers do their job he doesn’t have to worry about the long ball going dead because the opposition will not be game to let the ball bounce. I’ve been a big Brooks supporter over the years go back through my past posts and you’ll see it, but the time has come

It is a forwards issue imo. We have a bunch of toilers with 1 or 2 impact forwards. Our best stretch of footy came in the last 20 mins when Mikaele was punching holes through the middle. It was the best game I’d seen him play in awhile in an otherwise extremely shithouse team performance

But I don’t disagree with much of what you said, his long kicking game has always been awful, short kicking game meh (let’s not forget Laurie and Doueihi kicked it dead aswell). It’s just hard to kick well when your forwards are getting pumped

I think I read a stat at half time Titans were averaging 52 meters a set compared to a lousy 30 meters for us

Anyways a part of me knew last night would be coming, I guess getting your hopes up for this rabble is one way to lead to disappointment

Last edited:

Maxxn99

Juniors
Musgrove is a pretender. Laurie needs to stay at 1. Hopefully Cinis hangover is cured. He was diabolical, nerves got him bad.
Not too sure about being a pretender but he’s got to be given another crack. I know one thing for sure Twal and Tamou (Twalmou) have to be split up!
Our starts up front have been horrendous!!

Latest posts