What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Newcastle @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiger05

First Grade
It’s been reported by C Nicolussi in smh that AD has been moved to centres & Mbye at 5/8.If true then Maguire should be sacked immediately !

It sounds pretty bad but we are 2 and 7. He has to try something. The problem his hail marys haven't been working out very well.

Perth Tiger

Bench
AD is still learning the position, why confuse that process by shifting him around.

If we need to try something new might as well dump Brooks and run AD at seven or better yet since it seems likely Mbye wont be here next year so isn't a long term solution put Madden at 7 to see what he has got and keep AD at 6

Tiger Ted

Bench
AD is our most competent player in the halves.How brooks continues to retain his spot is unforgiveable.We’ve got nothing to lose so why not give madden an opportunity at 7.Id even prefer AD & Mbye in the halves over Brooks.

axl rose

Bench
Someone needs to post the Phil Gould No No No No No gif.

seems like a terrible call if true

I take it Maguire actually wants to be sacked now and take his payout and run.
images

Ned Kelly

Juniors
AD is still learning the position, why confuse that process by shifting him around.

If we need to try something new might as well dump Brooks and run AD at seven or better yet since it seems likely Mbye wont be here next year so isn't a long term solution put Madden at 7 to see what he has got and keep AD at 6

This feels like the stress has gotten to Madge and he has lost the plot.
Possibly the best analogy of all time when using the expression " shuffling the deck chairs around on the Titanic.,"

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Just had a look on smh webb site. Couldn't find this article anywhere. Maybe this story is from some time in the distant past.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
It’s been reported by C Nicolussi in smh that AD has been moved to centres & Mbye at 5/8.If true then Maguire should be sacked immediately !

You had it right Tiger Ted. It just seemed too bizarre to be true. Sure Madge knows more about footy than I do but really?

Tigerm

First Grade
1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Adam Doueihi 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Tommy Talau 6. Moses Mbye 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Alex Twal 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Joe Ofahengaue
Interchange: 14. Jock Madden 15. Shawn Blore 16. Alex Seyfarth 17. Thomas Mikaele 18. Michael Chee-Kam 19. Jake Simpkin 20. Stefano Utoikamanu 21. Tom Amone

J Simpkin and Stefano way down the order?
Hope Jock gets a chance?
Good to see Blore back?

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Well it seems a little less bizarre if you’re gonna give madden a crack

hopefully we learn quick and early how shit house Mbye is in the halves and the kid can come on to show what’s he made of.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Simpkins probably needs a rest, looks like he is really starting to feel the first grade contact now so don't have a problem with him missing out. Perhaps the same with Stefano but surprised he isn't there.

But I just cant believe that team will run out as named, makes no sense. Madden can play one position only, wasted on the bench. Perhaps a smoke screen to avoid the whole dropping Brooks circus, at least that is what I will live in hope of for the next few days.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Well it seems a little less bizarre if you’re gonna give madden a crack

hopefully we learn quick and early how shit house Mbye is in the halves and the kid can come on to show what’s he made of.

I'm guessing Madden will replace Brooks and Mbye is there as a calming influence on Maddens first hit out in the big time. Hope he nails it.

J Simpkin and Stefano way down the order?
Hope Jock gets a chance?
Good to see Blore back?

I don't know about 'way down the order' they are both heading to Bris Vegas but also getting game time on Thursday night, Stefano will be a case as someone said a few weeks back, to get more minutes into his legs. Besides Simpkin and Stefano, Tom Amone is heading north after playing on Thursday night, I'd say they are next in line.

Reserves had a bye last week so the likes of Madden and Blore are freshened up now.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
I'm guessing Madden will replace Brooks and Mbye is there as a calming influence on Maddens first hit out in the big time. Hope he nails it.

maybe Brooks to replace liddle at #9 at some point aswell?
I feel like liddle deteriorates the longer he stays on the field. He is good in short bursts

I’m surprised Brooks hasn’t been trialled at number #9 yet this far into his career

Based on that team sheet it should be Newcastle by 30.

However, it might be one of those mental team lists that just happens to get the biscuits.

Either should be a hilarious game.

Shredder

Juniors
I would like to think its a matter of "the numbers dont mean much about how they will play"

Maybe he wants to give Madden a run with the other two on the field to ease the pressure?

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm okay with it. Madden is starting to make the team. Blore back even though I thought he was poor in reserves. I think we are all hoping Blore turns into a gun.

Madge had to try something.

Latest posts