What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Newcastle @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tigerm

First Grade
I don't know about 'way down the order' they are both heading to Bris Vegas but also getting game time on Thursday night, Stefano will be a case as someone said a few weeks back, to get more minutes into his legs. Besides Simpkin and Stefano, Tom Amone is heading north after playing on Thursday night, I'd say they are next in line.

Reserves had a bye last week so the likes of Madden and Blore are freshened up now.
Sorry OTT, but “down the order” means they are no longer in the 17, where they have been for a while?
Yes it will be good to get Stefano a full game. But I doubt all 3 will be playing FG this week, unless some major injury occurs in training?
Madge doesn’t normally change his 1 - 17.

Vozzy

Juniors
I've supported Madge this whole time but if we get smashed in this game with Simpkin, Stephano and Cini getting dropped for the same has been that have been shit for the last 5 years then it's him who can get blamed. Too many in that side named are not in future plans so why persist. Cini may have had an error or 2 last game but he brings enthusiasm which half the side lacks.

My only observation is he has been told to experiment the likes of Simpkin, Cini, Stephano, Madden in small doses so they will be ready for next year which makes the whole of 2021 an experiment year from the get go.

Tigerm

First Grade
Re: Madden,
There is no doubt, that he is sending a very clear message to Brooks, perform or perish!

A few more should get that message as well?

Pezz70

Juniors
I've supported Madge this whole time but if we get smashed in this game with Simpkin, Stephano and Cini getting dropped for the same has been that have been shit for the last 5 years then it's him who can get blamed. Too many in that side named are not in future plans so why persist. Cini may have had an error or 2 last game but he brings enthusiasm which half the side lacks.

My only observation is he has been told to experiment the likes of Simpkin, Cini, Stephano, Madden in small doses so they will be ready for next year which makes the whole of 2021 an experiment year from the get go.

Cini had 5 errors last game!! But I’d have given him another go. Talau in the centres with BJ. I don’t think Simpkin is quite there yet and would rather Liddle in the side. Liddle is one tough hombre, been through the ringer a couple
Of times and has managed to claw his way back. That’s the mindset we need.

Think the bench will be Madden, Utiokamanu, Mikaele and Seyfarth. Madden will come on for Liddle and Brooks is gonna get thrown into dummy half for a stint.

Tiger05

First Grade
Every is going crazy over this team but I see positives. Brooks is under pressure. He might get played at hooker. Cini had a shocker and Talau coming back in makes sense.

Stefano is the unlucky one but Mikaele was dropped with good form as well. The problem is Madge is dropping the better performing forwards for our starting forwards who haven't been performing but are leaders within the club.

I'd have kept Doueihi in the halves but let's wait and see what happens.

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
Great to see the tug boat Doueihi punted from 5/8th. Mbye is a much better option given the way is being played ....by the good teams.
I’m amazed it’s taken this long but it’s good to see the penny drop wi5h Maguire :clap:

Tiger05

First Grade
Great to see the tug boat Doueihi punted from 5/8th. Mbye is a much better option given the way is being played ....by the good teams.
I’m amazed it’s taken this long but it’s good to see the penny drop wi5h Maguire :clap:

There is no way Mbye is a better option unless he proves us wrong this week. Mbye gets a spot in the team because you can play him in so many positions but Doueihi has been our best player by a mile.

I think it's more to do with letting Doueihi run it in the centres and hopefully catch a few bombs.

Pezz70

Juniors
Douehi has been good at 5/8, not perfect but solid. Been the best Tiger on the park in most games this year.

Pezz70

Juniors
Yep..pretty much....i wonder how much ...if at all Ponga was a factor in moving Douehi
Good point, Mbye has predominately been on the left side when he has played centre for us, perhaps they are worried about him defending on the right with genuine attacking traffic coming at him in the form of Ponga and Best. It’s gonna be a big test down that side with Nofo’s propensity to come in all the time.

I reckon Maguire should give Tom Mikaele a starting position, just get him out there and let him rip in for 15 minutes. We’ve been notoriously shitty starters recently, his presence might up the tempo from the get go.

gordsy

Juniors
BJ has been dogshit for us since day 1and yet he plays us. Brooks will never be a half with us and probably not anywhere else either but he is picked. AD rushes out all the time like Kevie N and he is picked. Give Cini another few games. You cut people after one game and that does nothing for them.
This is why NSW keep losing in origin, we chop and change every game. Liddle still can't play for 80 mins yet we drop Simpkins for him.

Madge will be lucky to coach again after us, this has shown him to be devoid of rational ideas and ability when he doesn't have a great roster. He might be a great reserves coach to knock the pansy entitled outside out of the next generation of players but he's not a first grade coach.
It seems like he is looking for a win this weekend to save his job rather than to get a team going to build momentum and consistency for a few wins later in the season.

simmo1

First Grade
I'm hoping some of these selections are a smokescreen to debut Madden, otherwise Maguire has lost the plot.

Uto has been the best of the middles. He should probably be starting, not dropped. Mikaele played well last week but how long have we been waiting for that sort of performance?

I'm not sold on AD at 5/8, however he is still young enough to improve and is clearly the best half we have. Moving him to centre for Mbye feels like a big step backwards.

Mbye has predominately been on the left side when he has played centre for us, perhaps they are worried about him defending on the right with genuine attacking traffic coming at him
But, and there's always a but, AD plays right side with Brooks left, so that may mean Mybe to the right and they can still run at him, AD moves in to help him and the Knights have an overlap !!

What Mybe does give the right side is early ball, AD tends to hold it more than he passes so at least the ball will get 1 player wider now (before AD just holds it again) or perhaps DN will get up him and he will give him early ball.

Liddle still can't play for 80 mins yet we drop Simpkins for him.
His last starting game in 1st grade he played 80 minutes and has been playing 80 in reserves, Simpkins has been getting less game time in 1st grade, 50 min, 56, 69 & 82 in his 1st game - perhaps they are looking after him?

I just hope that they don't throw Madden into the 9 at any stage.

Pezz70

Juniors
I'm hoping some of these selections are a smokescreen to debut Madden, otherwise Maguire has lost the plot.

Uto has been the best of the middles. He should probably be starting, not dropped. Mikaele played well last week but how long have we been waiting for that sort of performance?

I'm not sold on AD at 5/8, however he is still young enough to improve and is clearly the best half we have. Moving him to centre for Mbye feels like a big step backwards.

Mikaele has been having a dig all year. I’ve been impressed by him and Utiokamanu, I think we keep them going forward with LL, there’s something there to build on. I prefer Twal at lock. He’ll tackle all day, not much good as a prop trying to cart the ball up. If we’d have held on to Aloia we’d have had a pretty decent pack this year.

BrisTiger

Juniors
Am new to the forum guys, have always liked reading the comments, ready to dip the toes in making my own now.
Wasn't sure what to make of this team, then again I've had zero confidence for weeks now. Agree with a few posts here, I'd like to see Brooks moved into the 9 and let Madden do his stuff. Haven't seen a lot of him, but I have seen a whole lot of Brooks and that says it all.

AD has been by far our best all year, loathe to move him from 6. but have a feeling this is a defensive ploy to cut Ponga's options down. He will carve us to shreads if we don't get up in his face as often as possible. AD may not be the best option for this, but he can defend well, and you know he will not give up (like some other numpties in this squad).

Like the inclusion of Blore, dude loves the rough stuff, but confused why Stefano is dropped. Bends the line more than Tamou.

While ever Brooks is at half the WT will never be any good, He is clueless at leading a team around the park, which is the halfbacks job, although he tries he just hasn’t got it.Mbye is atrocious ,he walks around doing sweet f##k all, how he can be paired with Brooks or selected this week is beyond me.

Latest posts