What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many NRL games do you watch per week

How many NRL games do you watch per week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Craigshark

First Grade
I tried to stop watching altogether but its too hard. It's everywhere.
Given change of any kind ramps up the anxiety and black dog I realised I actually find a bit of comfort in Thursday and Friday night football- even on 9. Yeah the coverage is shit but I like it for some reason.
In saying that I watch about 20 minutes and get awfully sleepy.
I didn't expect the Sharks to do well this year but the unravelling has been alarming. I feel for my mates who work down there. Some of the players, fair dinkum.
The stories I can tell ya face to face............

I’m the same, I enjoy the idea of the footy on those nights but I’m pretty much asleep on the lounge by the start of the second half, especially if the result is obvious which is getting more and more common.

any players in particular or anything you can share on here at all? Sounds like the clean out might be the best thing in years.

I’m the same, I enjoy the idea of the footy on those nights but I’m pretty much asleep on the lounge by the start of the second half, especially if the result is obvious which is getting more and more common.

any players in particular or anything you can share on here at all? Sounds like the clean out might be the best thing in years.

Nah its not really kosher.
The closer you get to the players the more you realise they are on another planet.

I've gained a tonne of respect for blokes like Bellamy and Bennett who can consistently get results from NRL players and get them to buy into a team system- it looks easy from the outside but seriously, they are geniuses. The reactions some of these blokes to give to what is the seemingly obvious (hello Andrew Fifita) just boggles the mind.

Craigshark

First Grade
Nah its not really kosher.
The closer you get to the players the more you realise they are on another planet.

I've gained a tonne of respect for blokes like Bellamy and Bennett who can consistently get results from NRL players and get them to buy into a team system- it looks easy from the outside but seriously, they are geniuses. The reactions some of these blokes to give to what is the seemingly obvious (hello Andrew Fifita) just boggles the mind.

i could imagine.. I’ve heard and seen a few things more recently about Johnson. I was one that wanted him to stay. Not so sure anymore.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Absolutely.... too much pandering to the doctors and lawyers, and trying to appeal to Mums of kids who’re never going to take up rugby league.
UFC/MMA is the fastest growing sport on the planet - their audience is getting bigger and bigger - like it or not, there’s a thirst for brutality, yet we’re moving further and further away from it - yet every highlight reel shown on either 9 or fox inevitably has footage of the biggest hits, shoulder charges and biff... when people reminisce about great games of old, they don’t talk about the amazing handling and rarely even talk about the superb tries, they talk about the battles on the pitch, the rivalries and even god forbid the fights.
When people look back on old duals they loved, rarely is it halfback vs halfback in a battle of skill they talk about, it’s the big boys going at it, or it’s Tommy walloping every more skilful half in the game.

Our game has a much better chance of not only surviving, but growing if we embrace the beautiful brutality of our sport. Tighten up our contracts and playing agreements to nullify the doctors and lawyers (player disclaimers etc), let those who are tough enough to play the sport crack on with it, and market the sport as we did with Origin in the 90’s on the rivalries, the hatred, the bad blood - build stories that people buy into and can’t wait to see what happens. Going the way we are, we’re trying to attract an audience that is never going to convert - UFC/MMA has shown the audience is there for combat, let’s embrace it!
Cracking post -true on all counts - saves me from having a rant. I guess I don’t fit into the PC world.

bluefox68

Staff member
I would rather we pick a team of ‘NSW Cup standard players who want to play’ rather than prima donas who couldn’t care less.

What is alternative to watching Rugby league ? Pretty poor imho. so make it a game where all the good things matter ! then its a game worth watching for ALL

Foz

Bench
I watch every game every week.Most live or with the live pause function on but will watch games at some very odd hours in need so I don’t hear the scores prior.
Going to a function becomes a sport of dodging the scores because generally the game will be on somewhere.
Don’t know how long Foxtels been around but use to record them on a vhs tape at one stage but haven’t missed a game in 20 years or however long they’ve been around.One other thing I’ve noticed though is the older I get the worst the memory is.Watched all games last weekend and can hardly remember any of them now.Not sure if it’s old age catching up or the interest has waned a bit because of how we are going.
Still beats the alternative of watching what else is on with the exception of the races.Live pause/record gets the workout Saturday Afternoons that’s for sure.

Quigs

Immortal
Fharkkk me dead, I just realised that there is no Thursday Night footy tonight.

Bored shitless already today and now this.

Frenzy.

Immortal
The count so far is 73% of respondents watch less than 3 games a week. That indicates a lot of people are having opinions on a lot of players they probably don't even see play

Too funny

GOTCHAS!

Quigs

Immortal
In this day and age I can't even pronounce half the players far-can names let alone put a face to such names.

When someone post up some shit about so and so I have to go to Mr Google's image search to find out who the farhhk they are talking about and what bloody club they play for.

Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we?
Could we?