What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kyle Flanagan

SBD82

Coach
Err, Trent has dropped many players though. He gave Kyle more than enough chance to make the 7 his own. He's simply not up to NRL standard. Being the halfback, he has more expectation than other positions. Would've thought you'd be well aware of that with Ben Hunt. I'd rather the coach make a tough call than let the kid play after doing f**k all to help the team and continue being cellar dwellers.
I’ve got no issue with players being dropped.

You didn’t watch the interview did you?

Wizardman

First Grade
I am quite bewildered by the amount of people who think he has the tools to be a very good halfback. He has NEVER shown any more ability than a fill-in type halfback.
His kicking ability and defence are passable for a first grade halfback. That is as far as it goes for the kid. With the ball in his hand, he is complete shit. He does not have a good running game either. At the roosters, he was okay at backing up good play....not creating it like a good halfback should. The roosters had a squad more in their prime last year than this year, yet Flanagan could not create much at the end of that. f**k knows what Barrett saw in him to buy him.

In saying that, it was a very bad move to put him in that press conference knowing that they would drop him later that day.

This Year?

Immortal
How did the Roosters give him "the right support"? They told him after half of his two year contract you're not in our plans going forward, basically forcing him to leave a year before his contract ended. He's been benched and dropped from a match at Canterbury, yet there's this hysteria. Roosters are ruthless, win at all costs so it's all good lol. Such hypocrisy.
Well I guess being a backup development halfback at a club surrounded by quality players would be considered "the right support" as opposed to going to a club who came 2nd last while being coached by someone who has a bad win/loss ratio.
The kid will hopefully learn to be a better player after being given the flick from the chooks. Players get dropped all the time. The media have made it a thing, I just simply gave an opinion on it.

mave

Coach
you are a soft boiled googy egg. plenty of people face great dramas in their lives, death, abuse, starvation, and they don't curl up in the corner and sook it up that its all too hard. You are in charge of YOU. We have a fight or flight mechanism in all of us and you have to understand, there are actually times in your life where you have to stand up and fight for who you are and what you believe in and crying on television is not going to do you any good.

You have to work hard and even then you don't get everything your own way. and I'm not talking about pampered sportsmen who are on massive amounts of money for their status in life, I'm talking about the local Sri Lankan shell service station manager who has to get up at 4.30am every morning and drive an hour to his job and open up the shop and work to about 3pm in the afternoon and send his money back to his family in Sri Lanka to make sure his sisters can get married. Every day he gets up at 4.30 in the morning and works a long shift so

or what about the owner of the city gym who has spent his life savings and gone into massive debt to buy the gym just prior to Covid and now no one goes into the City any more and he has lost his business and lost his house and subsequently his wife has left him and he doesn't see his kids, all over a situation that he had no control over and is horribly frustrated.

All these things happen every day.

But the only person who can pick up the pieces of your life and rebuild it is YOU

You are a real BOZO.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Well I guess being a backup development halfback at a club surrounded by quality players would be considered "the right support" as opposed to going to a club who came 2nd last while being coached by someone who has a bad win/loss ratio.
The kid will hopefully learn to be a better player after being given the flick from the chooks. Players get dropped all the time. The media have made it a thing, I just simply gave an opinion on it.
Not many young players get poached and then dropped after one year mid contract. Roosters left him to rot

MKCS

Juniors
I didn't mind Flanagan at the Roosters to be honest. I much prefer Walker obviously but I didn't think he was too bad.

It was always going to be a struggle going to one of the worst teams in the comp and probably wasn't the best idea for Flanagan, don't know how much interest there was in him away from the Dogs but he probably would be best served as a second string halfback right now learning and working with a strong coaching team and a halfback that can help him improve his game.

They've got him for 3 years though so they better figure out how to utilise him...

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I am quite bewildered by the amount of people who think he has the tools to be a very good halfback. He has NEVER shown any more ability than a fill-in type halfback.
His kicking ability and defence are passable for a first grade halfback. That is as far as it goes for the kid. With the ball in his hand, he is complete shit. He does not have a good running game either. At the roosters, he was okay at backing up good play....not creating it like a good halfback should. The roosters had a squad more in their prime last year than this year, yet Flanagan could not create much at the end of that. f**k knows what Barrett saw in him to buy him.

In saying that, it was a very bad move to put him in that press conference knowing that they would drop him later that day.

You can cut and paste this to describe Tom dearden

Ron's_Mate

Bench
59dz8z.jpg