What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Aaah, something to dream about. Can somebody please post a few false rumors that they are both coming our way along with Reynolds. I'm really keen to be incredibly gullible if it means lifting my spirits.
Love to lift your spirits Ned and simply say they have signed X, Y & Z but you are simply not gullible enough to believe any of it surely:

Go back a few pages:
post # 12258 27 Apr - so is he signed, has he started training with the Tigers yet?
post #12289 28 Apr the SMH said they were looking at Gildart - if Danny Wielder is reporting it, it's no doubt a done deal for his Roosters,

Might just have to settle for Hastings at 7, for now. But we live in hope.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Gildard looks OK. Hes fast enough and looks like he thinks with the ball.

Lets just hope he can defend, thats the biggest problem with our centres.

Looks like at least one of BJ and JTJ are unemployed next year.
They r both unemployable.I’m hoping we also find a way to rid ourselves of brooks & Mbye although which club in their right mind would want them.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Wooh! I can't wait for the 2022 season to start!

OH YEAH! Friggin awesome. How exciting! Bring it on.
There. That feels heaps better.
Thanks Ron's mate.
Such a good post I am thinking of calling myself Ron's Mate's Mate. Bit of a push I suppose seeing I have never met you.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Danny Weider is stating we've signed this guy.

He looks to be a centre which is what we need.

OH MY GOD! I can't believe what a difference one (possible) signing can do to my morale. Who knows maybe next year we will be talking about a chance of top 8 finish the year after or the year after that.
Now to sign a couple of decent super league forwards.

Tigerm

First Grade
It's always next year with us? Though not confirmed on the WT's web site as yet?

The Wests Tigers have continued their Super League poaching raid by signing Wigan centre Oliver Gildart on a two-year deal from 2022.

Channel 9s Danny Weidler reported Gildart notified his teammates of his decision to relocate to the NRL after reaching an agreement with the Tigers.

The 24-year-old has scored 61 tries in 129 games for Salford and Wigan since his debut in 2015 and he has represented England and Great Britain in four Tests.

The signing of Gildart follows Wigan half Jackson Hastings’ decision to join the Tigers on a two-year deal also commencing in 2022.

Hastings scored three tries in 47 games for the Roosters and Sea Eagles from 2014 to 2018, before he was released by Manly and moved to the Super League.

The 25-year-old has scored 25 tries and 131 points in 64 games for Salford and Wigan and took out the 2019 Man of Steel Award.

The Tigers are in desperate need of reinforcements as they currently sit 15th on the ladder with just two wins and seven losses, while they have the second worst defence in the NRL.

TDD91

Juniors
Gildart's a very good super league centre, should be battling for an England shirt in the World Cup, as long as he recovers from the injuries that have kept him from playing so far this season. He's a tough lad, his dad Ian was a Wigan forward in the glory days playing alongside Hanley, Edwards, Gregory etc. Injuries have held him back in the last couple seasons, with a dislocated shoulder suffered playing for GB affecting 2020 and a groin injury keeping him out so far this season. Personally, I think he's better as a left centre, but he's able to play on both sides.

Tiger05

First Grade
Gildart's a very good super league centre, should be battling for an England shirt in the World Cup, as long as he recovers from the injuries that have kept him from playing so far this season. He's a tough lad, his dad Ian was a Wigan forward in the glory days playing alongside Hanley, Edwards, Gregory etc. Injuries have held him back in the last couple seasons, with a dislocated shoulder suffered playing for GB affecting 2020 and a groin injury keeping him out so far this season. Personally, I think he's better as a left centre, but he's able to play on both sides.

Thanks for this.

BrotherJim05

Bench
These are the types of signings we will have to continue making until we make the 8 and have some sort of semblance of a good footy team, just missing a couple of key positions. It's those positions that we go after marquee players and pay a bit of overs for

stryker

First Grade
What are his injuries?

Shredder

Juniors
I think now that the Sharks have botched signing Reynolds hey should take a look at Brooks AND MBye. They could take both for the money they wanted to sign Reynolds on and Im sure the club would pick up any additional freight.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I think now that the Sharks have botched signing Reynolds hey should take a look at Brooks AND MBye. They could take both for the money they wanted to sign Reynolds on and Im sure the club would pick up any additional freight.
Brooks & Mbye would guarantee Fitzgibbons’s NRL coaching career is short-lived.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Brooks will be with us for 2022. Hastings still has to prove he is a better 7 option than Brooks before he gets the tap.

Keep in mind that our entire team is shit. I'm really hoping that Madden starts at halfback this weekend so we can see whether the team is better or worse without Brooks

Tiger05

First Grade
Brooks will be with us for 2022. Hastings still has to prove he is a better 7 option than Brooks before he gets the tap.

Keep in mind that our entire team is shit. I'm really hoping that Madden starts at halfback this weekend so we can see whether the team is better or worse without Brooks

Good post. I don't care if Madden starts or he doesn't. I'd love to see him given a decent chance to see if he can pressure for that 7 spot. I've seen Madden look ordinary but I've also seen him come up with some great plays.

I can understand bringing him on slowly as it's such a tough position and the criticism for average performances is intense.