What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Storm

BBTB

Juniors
We will have to bring the intensity or it will be all over in 30 minutes. Line speed needs to re emerge. They are just a far superior team with superior coaching, even with some big outs. They'll have us back pedalling if we don't come to play. Agree, hold the ball but we will have to try some second phase play so as not to be too pedestrian in our Norman led attack.
Get Norman, out'ta there.... He's a blugder. As useless as tits on a bull.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
That will be OK with me mickey , anyway that we can beat them will be fine .

I noticed that the ref in the Knights/ Tigers game have been enforcing the foul play rule with 4 players sent to the sin-bin .( it would appear that Robinson’s whinge to the judiciary has had the desired result )

If they are genuine about this then the Dragons should be receiving penalties left , right and center , which will certainly help our cause.
Hey Gareth67, l like your thoughts but against a fox/nrl bought club nah ain’t going to happen. Those purple cheats will get everything and anything. You can’t have their flagship humiliated on tv with their bias commentary from 9, and fox heaven forbid. Hahahahaha

Gareth67

First Grade
Hey Gareth67, l like your thoughts but against a fox/nrl bought club nah ain’t going to happen. Those purple cheats will get everything and anything. You can’t have their flagship humiliated on tv with their bias commentary from 9, and fox heaven forbid. Hahahahaha

Yes I know mate , I am afraid that I am one of those lazy sods who will keep thinking up excuses for what maybe the inevitable , like not mowing the lawn - “ it’s too hot , it’s too cold , the grass is so tall that I may get lost in it and you will never see me again dearest “ .

The same thing applies when the Dragons are to play the Storm , who manage to manipulate the rules to their advantage or introduce new tactics which go against the spirit of the game .

However in saying all of that , I will still predict a Big Red V victory tomorrow by 6 points . Just hope that grass of mine grows enough for me to hide in should the boys not live up to my expectations of them . :relaxed:

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
tl_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Updated
Presented By

24-hour warning: Magic Round v Storm
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sat 15 May 2021, 04:01 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has amended his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Magic Round clash against the Melbourne Storm at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday, May 16.

Mikaele Ravalawa returns from a two-week suspension in place of last start debutant Mat Feagai, who suffered a syndesmosis injury and will be out for up to six weeks.

Tyrell Fuimaono retains his place in the backline, although Cody Ramsey (ribs) has been named in the reserves. Poasa Faamausili is the new face on the interchange, with Junior Amone named in the reserves.

Adam Clune and Jackson Ford are the two players to drop out of Tuesday's initial 21-man squad.

Amended NRL squad for Round 10 v Melbourne Storm –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Max Feagai – sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Jack Bird – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by TripADeal
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones
11. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Josh McGuire – sponsored by TLE Alexandria

Interchange:
14. Poasa Faamausili – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
15. Billy Burns – sponsored by Deicorp
16. Daniel Alvaro – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
19. Junior Amone
20. Cody Ramsey

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/05/11/nrl-team-announcement-magic-round-v-storm/

denis preston

First Grade
tl_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Updated
Presented By

24-hour warning: Magic Round v Storm
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sat 15 May 2021, 04:01 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has amended his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Magic Round clash against the Melbourne Storm at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday, May 16.

Mikaele Ravalawa returns from a two-week suspension in place of last start debutant Mat Feagai, who suffered a syndesmosis injury and will be out for up to six weeks.

Tyrell Fuimaono retains his place in the backline, although Cody Ramsey (ribs) has been named in the reserves. Poasa Faamausili is the new face on the interchange, with Junior Amone named in the reserves.

Adam Clune and Jackson Ford are the two players to drop out of Tuesday's initial 21-man squad.

Amended NRL squad for Round 10 v Melbourne Storm –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Max Feagai – sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Jack Bird – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by TripADeal
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones
11. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Josh McGuire – sponsored by TLE Alexandria

Interchange:
14. Poasa Faamausili – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
15. Billy Burns – sponsored by Deicorp
16. Daniel Alvaro – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
19. Junior Amone
20. Cody Ramsey

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/05/11/nrl-team-announcement-magic-round-v-storm/

That's a particularly weak bench.

Spazer

Juniors
Rav vs Olam and Dufty vs Papy should be an exciting game. Melbourne have something like a 70% winrate at Suncorp and we also have a good winrate just below 50%

If we can just hold onto the ball and get lucky with the sin bin we could cause an upset but I'm expecting a Melbourne win.

blacksafake

First Grade
I’m not expecting a win but won’t be shocked if they do win.
As usual it all starts in the forwards so they have to aim up & we do have the edge at dummy half. Whether we’re capable of it but I’d like to see quick passing & move their forwards around which should allow some space for Dufty around the ruck.
I’m going to back bird to score a try, he’s had 3 tries taken off him by the bunker this season so he’s due for one.:fingers_crossed_tone1:

Illusion

Bench
I’m not expecting a win but won’t be shocked if they do win.
As usual it all starts in the forwards so they have to aim up & we do have the edge at dummy half. Whether we’re capable of it but I’d like to see quick passing & move their forwards around which should allow some space for Dufty around the ruck.
I’m going to back bird to score a try, he’s had 3 tries taken off him by the bunker this season so he’s due for one.:fingers_crossed_tone1:
Mate to be honest I am really starting to dislike the 6 again and the Bunker ..... I would be happy for it to go back to last years rules ..... Like I have said 6 again you don't know what its for half the time .... Dragons seem content to let them roll down field , then set their defense on line .... The game is changing way to fast ....

Dragon David

First Grade
What will piss me off is seeing us get pinged a lot more than the Storm for breaches when it is obvious that the Storm have been doing much the same as us but not get pinged for it.

Bird will lift - he likes the challenge and that will inspire the other guys in the Dragons to do the same. The question is, will it be enough?

thebigredv

First Grade
What will piss me off is seeing us get pinged a lot more than the Storm for breaches when it is obvious that the Storm have been doing much the same as us but not get pinged for it.
/QUOTE]

That is a forgone conclusion. We know we lack in the stamina department so I can't see this ending well against one of the most potent teams there is.

Maybe they can surprise us a la v eels but the new rule won't end well for us. As I said before the only way to negate it is to be the more intense team with greater linespeed.

Illusion

Bench

Bird will lift - he likes the challenge and that will inspire the other guys in the Dragons to do the same. The question is, will it be enough?
Hay mate aren't you suppose to be out with the Missus today so you can get back to watch the game ? Get off here and get to it ...... :)

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Hay mate aren't you suppose to be out with the Misses today so you can get back to watch the game ? Get off here and get to it ...... :)
You remembered, thanks for reminding me. We planned to go on a picnic around the grounds of the Sydney Royal Botanic Gardens today. The weather is perfect, however, the missus has another one of her migraines and is still in bed but we still have time to do something if she feels better later - hopefully.

I might end up with a migraine after the game this arvo and that would be as a result of too much stress resulting from the referee's blowing of the whistle and arms waving all through the game.

Gareth67

First Grade
The way things are going it looks like Saints will be playing with a few men down today. There is no way Saints will escape a sin binning or even a send off? I just cannot see it. Where as the Storm, they are the perfect and best disciplined side in the NRL. Apparently.

It shall be most interesting to see if the refs have the bolls to penalize the Sin City cheaters . When the chook got 10 in the bin last night the look on Robinson’s face was aghast - can you imagine what Bellamy would do if any of his choirboys was actually sent off for 10 or lawd forbid or completely ! :flushed:

Last edited:

Illusion

Bench
It shall be most interesting to see if the refs have the bolls to penalize the Sin City cheaters . When the chook got 10 in the bin last night the look on Robinson’s face was aghast - can you imagine what Bellamy would do if any of his choirboys was actually sent off for 10 or lawd forbid completely ! :flushed:
Robinsons press conference after the game was all for the send offs ..... The suck up (NRL) was sickening .......

possm

Coach
It won't be long now before Griffin pulls the trigger and re-configures the team to win a string of games leading into the finals. I'd like to see:

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Bird
13. De Belin

14. Dufty
15. Kerr
16. Faamausili
17. Fuimaono

In my opinion our top 13 out of our squad of 30. Obvious I'm hoping that De Belin becomes available soon, Kerr back to the middle shines and Faamausili brings his 'a' game back into first grade. Fuimaono is the ideal backrow forward to come on from the bench.

But the big move is Dufty from 1 to 14. I'm hoping that with this move we get Dufty's best in attack without the mistakes at the back. Griffin will bring him on when at five-eighth when he believes Dufty can do some real damage around the ruck. If this does not work then I'm afraid Dufty will not get a contract extension from the Dragons.