What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Storm

George Sancti

Juniors
Saints to start well, jump to a ten point lead, and the Storm to begin to panic and loose two players in quick succession to the sin bin (the second sin binning for dissent).

Dragon David

First Grade
Robinsons press conference after the game was all for the send offs ..... The suck up (NRL) was sickening .......
Had the Roosters lost though, the send off of his chook he would have not defended and blasted the NRL.

With regard to The Purple People Eaters (https://www.google.com/search?q=the...rome..69i57.7712j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8), the ref today will show a lot more leniency towards them because they are run by News Corp so will be all good news and smiles for Bellamy.

BLM01

First Grade
Can you be more specific? What did he actually say?
All he implied was to give these new rules and sin bin interpretations a chance and everybody stop whingeing so soon as they will settle into happy median.
Wayne bennett's was a classic rave but he is right. They have got to stop using the bunker for historical checks if something is being missed by the 3 sets of eyes on field. Leave it there and let missed foul play get picked up by the 24 match review staff members after each game
Use the bunker for try scoring grounding / touch in goal situations and thats it and not with a microscope. It should be there only as Gus says to overrule the howler incorrect decision not interpret everything else.
You know we decide on what happens in a persons life by proving beyond reasonable doubt, why dont the bunker rule on try scoring situations the same way.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
It won't be long now before Griffin pulls the trigger and re-configures the team to win a string of games leading into the finals. I'd like to see:

1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Bird
13. De Belin

14. Dufty
15. Kerr
16. Faamausili
17. Fuimaono

In my opinion our top 13 out of our squad of 30. Obvious I'm hoping that De Belin becomes available soon, Kerr back to the middle shines and Faamausili brings his 'a' game back into first grade. Fuimaono is the ideal backrow forward to come on from the bench.

But the big move is Dufty from 1 to 14. I'm hoping that with this move we get Dufty's best in attack without the mistakes at the back. Griffin will bring him on when at five-eighth when he believes Dufty can do some real damage around the ruck. If this does not work then I'm afraid Dufty will not get a contract extension from the Dragons.
Possum, Love your passion but Last week you were offloading Fui. Now he’s in your best 17.:shrug_tone2:♂️
Why the change of heart

possm

Coach
Possum, Love your passion but Last week you were offloading Fui. Now he’s in your best 17.:shrug_tone2:♂️
Why the change of heart
Not really! I like Fui and the way he plays but I did say that management always looks to see who is off-contract before looking who to off-load when going for a high-profile player. Players off-contract are:

Norman - 850j
McInnes - 450k
Fui - 300k
Pereira - 250k
Ellis - 100k
H Lomax - 100k
Brittain - 100k

So about 2m to purchase a couple of marquee players. Plus front end a few contracts with what ever is left in the kitty in order to reduce the salary cap for 2022.

ALSGI

Bench
We’re playing almost last game this magic weekend. Everyone’s seen what the officials are doing.

If Hook and co don’t have some tactics to capitalise on the new rule I’d be very disappointed because Bellamy certainly will have a plan to get every ounce of ‘refereeing’ out of this.

Gareth67

First Grade
We’re playing almost last game this magic weekend. Everyone’s seen what the officials are doing.

If Hook and co don’t have some tactics to capitalise on the new rule I’d be very disappointed because Bellamy certainly will have a plan to get every ounce of ‘refereeing’ out of this.

Did you notice their latest ‘ in the true spirit of the game ‘ tactic ?

3 or 4 Storm players tackle 1 opponent and then a storm player calls out some word and 3 of the 4 Storm players release the opponent only for the remaining Storm player to rip the ball free .

That is what’s called a ‘ one on one strip ‘ ! 4 players on 1 - 3 release the tackled player and the ball is ripped from his grasp by the remaining Storm tackler . Simply amazing , how does Bellamy come up with these ideas ?

I reckon there will be a lot more niggling from Melbourne today , in an attempt to get as many penalties as possible.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Not really! I like Fui and the way he plays but I did say that management always looks to see who is off-contract before looking who to off-load when going for a high-profile player. Players off-contract are:

Norman - 850j
McInnes - 450k
Fui - 300k
Pereira - 250k
Ellis - 100k
H Lomax - 100k
Brittain - 100k

So about 2m to purchase a couple of marquee players. Plus front end a few contracts with what ever is left in the kitty in order to reduce the salary cap for 2022.

Norman - 850j
McInnes - 450k
Fui - 300k
Pereira - 250k
Ellis - 100k
H Lomax - 100k
Brittain - 100k

Fuimaono deserves an extension & upgrade surely this can’t be far away. Ellis is worth keeping at $100K he’s handy to have as a backup

possm

Coach
Fuimaono deserves an extension & upgrade surely this can’t be far away. Ellis is worth keeping at $100K he’s handy to have as a backup
But if you want to keep Dufty but also want B Smith, a new prop and a fullback something has to give. It all has to come from players that are off-contract.

Maddragon99

Juniors
But if you want to keep Dufty but also want B Smith, a new prop and a fullback something has to give. It all has to come from players that are off-contract.
There aren’t any fullbacks available I’m interested in. If Dufty goes Lomax would be my first choice fullback in 2022

Maddragon99

Juniors
Also Bellamy was stated he’ll want a player in return before he’ll agree to B Smith go. I think he’s contracted to end ‘22

thebigredv

First Grade

Far too generous imo. Fui needs to put a few more games together to warrant a large upgrade. Showed his real utility value last game and hasn't put a foot wrong for a month or so. Problem is he came in and out of form too regularly last year so I wouldn't be jumping the gun.

I think we can find a better 'back up' player than Ellis on the market place. He has shown how much he is willing to give the Red V, and if that's his best, he doesn't cut it. I'm looking at this as someone who wants the club to be one of the top teams not meander around the middle of the table. 3 big outs for Storm today but you know the reserves will come in and make a name for themselves. Who is Ellis really?

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Anticipating we get minimum of 3 into the bin today, we are the worst in the NRL to adjusting to interpretation/rule changes whereas Melbourne are the opposite - masters at taking advantage of any rule change or interpretation change.

getsmarty

Immortal
ramseyc--210404pb-5371_20214421454.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Updated
Presented By

NRL late mail: Magic Round v Storm
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 16 May 2021, 03:01 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has finalised his team ahead of the Dragons' Magic Round clash against the Melbourne Storm at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday, May 16.

Mikaele Ravalawa returns from a two-week suspension in place of last start debutant Mat Feagai, who suffered a syndesmosis injury and will be out for up to six weeks.

Cody Ramsey (ribs) has been named to return on the wing. Max Feagai reverts back to the bench in place of now 18th man Kaide Ellis. Poasa Faamausili is the new face on the interchange, with Junior Amone the last player cut.

Adam Clune and Jackson Ford were the other two players to drop out of Tuesday's initial 21-man squad.

Final NRL team for Round 10 v Melbourne Storm –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
20. Cody Ramsey – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
3. Jack Bird – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by TripADeal
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones
11. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Josh McGuire – sponsored by TLE Alexandria

Interchange:
2. Max Feagai – sponsored by Aspec Masonry
14. Poasa Faamausili – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
15. Billy Burns – sponsored by Deicorp
16. Daniel Alvaro – sponsored by Manna from Heaven

18th man: 17. Kaide Ellis

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/05/11/nrl-team-announcement-magic-round-v-storm/

Latest posts