What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 - Rabbitohs vs Panthers: Sunday 23rd May 2:00pm @Apex Oval

callmack1

Staff member
Here we go. Yep, here. We. Go. We go up against the Panthers on Sunday afternoon and I kind of have no words. I have no words to describe how huge this week is. If every week in the NRL is a big one, then this week is absolutely colossal!! Penrith are a fellow premiership contender, they have lead the competition all year and are running absolutely red hot. No one has been able to beat them so far this year and in fact, I'd say they almost look unbeatable at this stage of the Season. But you know what? If anyone is gonna do it, we can.

It's going to take one hell of an effort through that's for sure. We've played Melbourne twice so far this year but there's no doubt that playing the Panthers this week is our biggest test so far. I'm not even sure where to begin on how to stop them, such is the quality of their side. Everywhere you look it's just class and there seems to be no weakness at all. I think they're both the best attacking, and the best defensive side. Beating them probably starts with at least holding your own in the middle against the likes of Leota. Fisher-Harris, Martin, Yeo and Kikau. Easier said then done. Our forwards really stood up last week but they'll need to go to another level if we want to match it with the Panthers. If we can do that, we then have the massive task of shutting down the red hot halves Cleary and Luai. Not sure how we do that either. We might be weakened but it's still arguably two of the competitions best backlines going up against each other so that's going to be a good battle too.

Look, for us, as I said this will need to be our best performance of the year so far if we want to win. We haven't been at our best for some time now but that stops this week. If there was ever a week to really kick yourselves into gear and put it al together, this is it. Our level of performance must improve big time! We need to complete above 80% at least, Penrith are rutheless so we need to be rutheless back. Sort our defence out and not give them any opportunities. I'm confident we have the attack, even against the best defensive side but our defence and dicipline are going to be the real tester. We get Latrell back which is a huge boost!! We are a completely different side wth him back, Cody at 5/8 and Benji on the bench. A much stronger, more lethal and more balanced side. I believe it's no coincidence that our defence went to shit after Trell got suspended so hopefully he can sort our structures out and we can be stronger there. Hoping to get Sauce back for his first game against his old club as well which would add some spice and make us even stronger.

Great that we are taking this game to Dubbo, love that idea and it should be a full house out there. We'll also be wearing our Indigenous jerseys which will hopefully inspire the boys even more.

I've developed a bit of a dislike for the Panthers, I really have. There's no denying they're one hell of a side but they seem really arrogant and cocky. Overly so. I'd love us to knock them off their perch. Will never forget what they did to Reyno after the Prelim last year and just quietly, I'd love some revenge on that game.

Fire up for a massive week!! Sunday afternoon cannot come quick enough!!

handyman2190

Bench
I tend to be a morbid, glass half empty type, a pessimiss, a condition i consider a character flaw, F$$K!!!!!! Im dreading the score line!!! No cameron! No campbell!! I might just bury my head and pray.

southsport

First Grade
I tend to be a morbid, glass half empty type, a pessimiss, a condition i consider a character flaw, F$$K!!!!!! Im dreading the score line!!! No cameron! No campbell!! I might just bury my head and pray.
Agree, it's not looking good the panthers are on fire. :(

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 11,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Gagai
4. Burns
5. Mansour
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Burgess
9. Cook
10. Tatola
11. Koloamatangi
12. Su'A
13. Knight

14. Marshall
15. Nicholls
16. Sele
17. Arrow

Latrell and Sauce (hopefully) back in but otherwise, no changes I reckon. Hame should retain his spot on the bench.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agree, it's not looking good the panthers are on fire. :(
What hope do we have if the boys are thinking how we are?

I think the boys will lift for this one and give their best that’s all we can ask.

Every Rabbitohs member and supporter wherever you may EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET AND FFIIIRREEE UUUPPPPP COME SUNDAY 2PM no excuses.

Rabbits20

Immortal
A big part of our defence faltering the last month is Trell hasn’t been at the back organising our defensive line. Manly were conceding 33 points a game with no Tommy T and now since he’s back only 14 points conceded a game.

With Trell at the back I expect our defence to be much better.

Jim Rockford

Bench
A big part of our defence faltering the last month is Trell hasn’t been at the back organising our defensive line. Manly were conceding 33 points a game with no Tommy T and now since he’s back only 14 points conceded a game.

With Trell at the back I expect our defence to be much better.
Absolutely R20! As much as he is going to add to our attack, it's our defense that is going to benefit most. Once Cam comes back in the middle we should be a much tougher team defensively.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Absolutely R20! As much as he is going to add to our attack, it's our defense that is going to benefit most. Once Cam comes back in the middle we should be a much tougher team defensively.
Campbell is so important as well. We can now see how our right edge has turned to shit without him there.

Campbell does a lot of little things so well that go unnoticed.

Geez I hope Trell is careful he can’t do any high shots or anything we need him on the field not off it due to brain snaps.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Ironically enough I have Nathan Cleary in my SuperCoach and loved it when he killed it last week and got 225 points. Won’t love it as much this week.

I used to be a glass half full type of guy but the last couple of years especially with Souths I’m glass half empty...
I thought they would turn up for the Storm game but we got done 50-0.. not much hope for this game
Sorry guys

Jim Rockford

Bench
Ironically enough I have Nathan Cleary in my SuperCoach and loved it when he killed it last week and got 225 points. Won’t love it as much this week.

I used to be a glass half full type of guy but the last couple of years especially with Souths I’m glass half empty...
I thought they would turn up for the Storm game but we got done 50-0.. not much hope for this game
Sorry guys
I'm not totally sold on Penriff. Yeah they are undefeated but most of their games have been against weaker teams. It's like last year when they had their long win streak. They built that up because teams weren't turning up thinking they had a tough opponent. Once teams realised they were a quality side they found the going much tougher. Not to say they won't be tough to beat, but with Trell back I think we are in with a massive chance.

callmack1

Staff member
From a poster off another forum,

"I had a look at training today, watched on for an hour or so. I really expect us to play well this week and we will be a chance to beat the riff given the commitment at training this morning. Just as a comparison, I also watched training (behind locked gates) the week before the match against the storm. Plenty of dropped ball, clunky combinations and not a lot of talk going on. Today the passes were fast and crisp, zero dropped ball, Reyno and Latrell barking out orders and everything at high tempo. This of course doesn’t mean we will win this week however it was a really promising sign that we are ready."

"Latrell, Mansour, Taaffe all training in the opposed sessions, forwards in one group, backs in another.
Campbell, Host, Paulo all in rehab and no sign of Cam Murray."

"I will be in Dubbo to watch the game this weekend and will post any info if I think it is useful."

Jim Rockford

Bench
That report from the guy at training bodes well for us to claim a big scalp this week. Will be good to see those smug Pamfers get taken down a notch or two.

southsport

First Grade
1) Latrell Mitchell

2) Alex Johnston

3) Dane Gagai

4) Braidon Burns

5) Josh Mansour

6) Cody Walker

7) Adam Reynolds (c)

8) Thomas Burgess

9) Damien Cook

10) Junior Tatola

11) Keaon Koloamatangi

12) Jaydn Su’A

13) Liam Knight

Interchange:

14) Benji Marshall

15) Mark Nicholls

16) Jacob Host

17) Jai Arrow

18) Dean Hawkins

19) Hame Sele

20) Patrick Mago

21) Campbell Graham

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Team List for Round 11: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/05/18/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-11/

Yewww! Great line up that I'm very happy with! Probably the strongest we've been able to name since Round 6. Gonna be great to have Latrell and Sauce back! Also gonna be great to have Cody and Benji back in their regular, preferred positions. Happy to see an otherwise un-changed side apart from Hosty on the bench, who is also a welcome return. A bit of a surprise to see Cammy Graham in the reserves! Does that mean he is a chance to return this week? Can't see why he'd be named in the squad if he wasn't a chance. That's extremely exciting!!! Hopefully he's good to go and that'd be an even bigger boost.

So a strong line up this week that is capable of going with Penrith. Saying we can go with them is one thing, actually doing it and winning is another. Let's hope we can!!

NovoBunny94

Juniors
From a poster off another forum,

"I had a look at training today, watched on for an hour or so. I really expect us to play well this week and we will be a chance to beat the riff given the commitment at training this morning. Just as a comparison, I also watched training (behind locked gates) the week before the match against the storm. Plenty of dropped ball, clunky combinations and not a lot of talk going on. Today the passes were fast and crisp, zero dropped ball, Reyno and Latrell barking out orders and everything at high tempo. This of course doesn’t mean we will win this week however it was a really promising sign that we are ready."

"Latrell, Mansour, Taaffe all training in the opposed sessions, forwards in one group, backs in another.
Campbell, Host, Paulo all in rehab and no sign of Cam Murray."

"I will be in Dubbo to watch the game this weekend and will post any info if I think it is useful."
What forum is this off ?

Latest posts