What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Did we just get through a match without injury?

I didn’t see much of this one so will have to wait until I see the replay before giving points.

Despite the injuries, we are still racking up the wins and sit nicely at 7-3

With all the controversies, it didn’t occur to me we came out of that game without injuries until you mentioned it, Valheru. Just niggles I reckon. You’ll be pleased to know that goal kicking is still an issue for us. The scores never should’ve been as close as it got and we were the far better team for most of the game. We had them on the ropes until Sitilli’s binning, then they got momentum off a mountain of possession. Walker got exposed a bit in defence and the boys will need to protect him a little more. Coming off the bench has been good for Jared as he seems to have turned back the clock. Iku developing into a powerful finisher and Lam had a great game too considering the disruptions he’s had. We’re in a good position when you consider the talent in Boyd/Verrills coming back and Billy Smith yet to feature. Felt Burr was very unlucky to get binned tbh and took a bit of shine off the win.

3. Teddy
2. Gus
1. Rads

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. Teddy
2. Iku
1. Angus

I watched the game at a pub without sound and the usual background distractions but from what I saw Teddy was in everything. Ikuvalu continues to impress with BMoz clone like qualities and both Radley and Gus were very good.

3 points: James Tedesco.

2 points: Victor Radley.

1 points: Jared Warea-Hargreaves. Don't underestimate the platform he laid early on.

Honourable mentions - Daniel Tupou and Angus Crichton.

Valheru

Coach
With all the controversies, it didn’t occur to me we came out of that game without injuries until you mentioned it, Valheru. Just niggles I reckon. You’ll be pleased to know that goal kicking is still an issue for us. The scores never should’ve been as close as it got and we were the far better team for most of the game. We had them on the ropes until Sitilli’s binning, then they got momentum off a mountain of possession. Walker got exposed a bit in defence and the boys will need to protect him a little more. Coming off the bench has been good for Jared as he seems to have turned back the clock. Iku developing into a powerful finisher and Lam had a great game too considering the disruptions he’s had. We’re in a good position when you consider the talent in Boyd/Verrills coming back and Billy Smith yet to feature. Felt Burr was very unlucky to get binned tbh and took a bit of shine off the win.

3. Teddy
2. Gus
1. Rads

Yep I've seen the replay and agree with all this, we were definitely the far better side.

The best part of the win was when momentum really did turn and cowboys got within 2 we defended our line stoically for 5-10 minutes and iced the game after that.

Latest posts