What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifta Jnr, Murray, Radley, Sione

BranVan3000

Coach
Cam Murray and Benjamin Garcia.
To be fair Cam Murray didn’t burst on to the scene at a young age. He has taken about 2 years building off the bench to find his strengths in first grade

He debuted in 2017 at 19 and was pretty much making numbers. He slowly got better and better last year and probably since the back end of last year he has become one of the best forwards in the competition

BranVan3000

Coach
I wouldn't swap Cam Murray for any other player in the NRL. An absolute star on the field, a smart bloke and hard worker off it, a leader - he has everything. A try scoring forward who is a good ball player/offloader, is strong beyond his size, brilliant defender in the middle, great ball stealer, best play the ball in the NRL - and does everything at speed.

The best part is, he lifts for the occasion - just look at how he went in the finals last year, origin this year, or last week.

If he keeps fit and level-headed he'll captain Souths and probably NSW too.
I don’t think any of that would matter if he didn’t have a great football IQ. It seems like he is consistently one step ahead of the play. Nobody should be finding gaps in the middle of the field like he does but he seems to consistently manage to isolate defenders and appear completely unmarked in support play

You tend to see young players fall back into the pack once opposition teams start identifying them as a threat (eg Angus crichton) but it still looks like Murray is being marked like a first year rookie. I think he has a good way of hiding himself in the line until he picks his chance

bull rider

Juniors
As a teenager SBW was winning Premierships as the Bulldogs best player whilst Fifita was getting beaten by 50 in week 1 of the finals to a Mary coached team.

Teenage SBW >>> any teenage forward ever.
If Fifita was allowed to shoulder charge the same way sbw was there would be body bags lined up on the sideline

grouch

First Grade
I don’t think any of that would matter if he didn’t have a great football IQ. It seems like he is consistently one step ahead of the play. Nobody should be finding gaps in the middle of the field like he does but he seems to consistently manage to isolate defenders and appear completely unmarked in support play
That final tackle on Billy Smith was all intelligence. He read the play, he chose not to chase the ball carrier and he set himself to put a shot on the designated receiver. The decision was made in an instant but had all these little calculations happening. He's so good

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Watching the Sydney media do everything possible to blow Fifita's price out beyond a million dollars has been incredibly humorous.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Gee those young Broncos forwards went well yesterday!

How many tackles did Fifita break? As that is all that matters apparently.

Mug Costanza

Juniors
Murray > every other forward. What an Origin series. Fifita isn’t fit to wipe his arse.
Damn shame he doesn’t go on benders or tackle blokes in the street, only way you get noticed by those in the media.

Fafita is great 1 in 10 games but is 1 dimensional as this stage of his career.
Both Radley and Murray are at the same level. All teams would love to have either of them.

I think Murray is a slightly better ball runner than Radley is, but to make up for that I think Radley has slightly better ball skills. In terms of consistency they are light years in front of Fifita.

Valheru

Coach
Murray has proven himself, no one can doubt him now.

Radley is also special but hasn't had the same opportunity to prove himself yet due to injury and suspension. He will get his chance and they could be an epic combo at rep level for years to come.

BranVan3000

Coach
Radley is a good player as well but the more time goes on the more he is quite different to Murray

One thing they both do is piss off the opposition though. Radley with his hit man tackles, he's becoming a better version of JWH

And the amount of times lately I've seen teams go straight for Murray in their little push and shove biffs this year is hilarious. Even when he has nothing to do with it. I guess he tackles them too effectively, or he's slept with all their wives

aqua_duck

Coach
Wouldn't say no to either of them, bit hard to compare as they're different type of players, I'd say Murray is more consistent and Radley has abit more big play potential with his ball playing ability and punishing defence. I mean he's Murray has proven himself at rep level but Radley has 2 premiership rings and definitely belongs at that level.
As for Fifita and SBW comparisons, Fifita right now is trending more in Dave Taylor/Tony Williams direction rather than SBW. SBW could play up middle, on the edge, in the centres, and could make an impact in big games with defence, ball running, offloads, etc where as Fifita just stands on that left edge and tries to break as many tackles as he can. I think the problem with Fifita is he was so much physically better than all the kids his age that he never really learnt the fundamentals, he doesn't know how to run off his halves, doesn't know how to run decent lines and can be a passenger if his team is on the ropes

I think the problem with Fifita is he was so much physically better than all the kids his age that he never really learnt the fundamentals, he doesn't know how to run off his halves, doesn't know how to run decent lines and can be a passenger if his team is on the ropes
This, oh so much this

See it every week in jnr footy and its the same kids dogging the basics at training cause they think they dont need to. Fifita reeks of they same attitude