What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameday vs Raiders

Hard for the young guys to get enthused and play to their best when they have to watch the amount of dross amongst the senior players that have no desire to do anything but collect their wages .
SJ shouldn't play for us again , so we might not win but we're not winning with him , i would add Woods as well , how can you expect a team of young inexperienced guys to perform when that is your captain .
I,m not even going to start on the so called coach , not sure he should be here next year either .
agree with all that, but regarding SJ , if the new regime knew his shortcomings and refused to sign him again , Why are they still playing him ? Hes obviously not 100% into it ,...so put in someone who is, even if they lose the game through lack of experience , or talent . Its better for the culture if they at least are giving it 100%,and gaining experience ,and setting example regarding effort required .

Last edited:

Craigshark

First Grade
Need to bring in tough forwards who will lead. Finucane is almost a must sign to lead the pack.

I agree, but we’re gonna need a couple more. JWH will do

ronaldo needs to shut his mouth too with the carry on bullshit. He has too many brain explosions in him to keep that sort of stuff up.

Bob Scott

Juniors
You have to give all the young guys a break , the cock ups at the end were them at least trying , guys like Talakai and Rudolph etc they need leadership to show them the way , on attack and defence , but who could you really pick out that led the way , none .
Someone needs to throw a few chairs around the dressing room or rip a door off because what the " leaders " showed out there tonight was disgraceful .
The one positive for me is i know that next season this will be acceptable , and the fact that this continues under Hannay suggests to me he shouldn't be here next season either .

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Not making any excuses for our performance but geez that was the most inept officiating across the board that i have ever witnessed , certainly made the Raiders job easier .
We deserved to lose, but you're 100% correct. That ref has very little idea.

Ads

First Grade
Only caught bits of the match. Talakai looking like the games gone past him. Hunt will suffer from the same problems. Sj obviously clocked off and we have no idea what to do without the Moylan/Kennedy combo. Rudolph is a prop and until we notice the games changed and we don’t need 3 big props the better.

what a piss poor effort tonight.
that's what football looks like with out a proper game manager.
now we can see what organisation Chad brought to the team.
forwards are plodding.
Tolman and Woods can't be on the field at the same time.
great idea that that has been!
there is absolutely no commitment in defence!
no line speed. Nothing.
near 60 tackle busts against.. first contact was f**king woeful.
deadset thought I was watching a sheep herding contest tonight.. minus the kelpie snapping at their heels telling them where the f**k to go.
steaming pile of shit that game was.
get Johnson out of the team now.
play trindall at 7 and Connor at 6.

snout

First Grade
Theres maybe 3 or 4 teams in this comp.
The rest are a joke. And absolute circus.
To cut them some slack millenials or some whatever cool term who have no resilience and have been bubbled and shipped around due to covid - plus had to adapt to ongoing rule changes.
But it hasnt affected bellyaches mob.
They just keep rolling along whilst the 12 at the other end rol out embarrassment after embarrassment.
Most if not all have had cricket scores put on them. Except for us.
We are disorganised to shitehouse but stay in games.
No 2nd phase at all.
No moving up in defence.
No running halves.
Poor kicking game.
Woeful mistackle count.
We tick every box yet get close most weeks.
Plus...our preparation is the pits. Hannay should be coaching bush league. Or under 17s. Tops.

My point: next year after we have cut the deadwood free and have a guy in charge who has seen how its done theres not a whole of tinkering to get a whole lot of improvement. The guys mentioned above as being horribly out of form lkoe ramien and talakai and nikora etc, l truly believe we wont believe their improvement under Fitz.
Cronk was asked what he would bring and he said toughness. First up. Toughness and no excuses and a demand to win.
The last 2 - 3 years has seen the very opposite of those expectations.
The bar has been lowered and guys have responded in kind. There is NO accountability. SJ will be named at 7 next week.....that is unless Fitz steps in and makes the proper call.

imasharkie

Coach
what a piss poor effort tonight.
that's what football looks like with out a proper game manager.
now we can see what organisation Chad brought to the team.
forwards are plodding.
Tolman and Woods can't be on the field at the same time.
great idea that that has been!
there is absolutely no commitment in defence!
no line speed. Nothing.
near 60 tackle busts against.. first contact was f**king woeful.
deadset thought I was watching a sheep herding contest tonight.. minus the kelpie snapping at their heels telling them where the f**k to go.
steaming pile of shit that game was.
get Johnson out of the team now.
play trindall at 7 and Connor at 6.
I have to disagree with you Birdie, if Trindall is the future we should have kept Chad because Trindall is a poor mans Chad. We definitely need Moylan back next week because we have nothing in attack with SJ. We should have Connor at half and Moylan at 5/8 and Trindall on the bench. What's happened to Brailey, he has gone downhill as the season progresses, maybe bring up the guy from Newtown. We certainly kept the wrong Brailey.

bluefox68

Staff member
I can’t agree with some of the opinions on here re: Brailey and Trindall.

I am pretty sure Trindall is a 7, not a 6. Whereas SJ is a 6. So WHY are we playing them the other way around?

Also, it has been a miracle that B2 has survived this season! I actually thought he played well last night. He was tackling well for a little guy, he just needed the big boppers to stop the offload, which they just couldn’t do. At least Hannay finally gave him a rest, but we have NO ONE to effectively play dummy half when he’s off the field!

DJDL

Bench
Does it matter which numbers they have on their backs?
These days it's the left half and right half.

Quicksilver

Bench
Theres maybe 3 or 4 teams in this comp.
The rest are a joke. And absolute circus.
To cut them some slack millenials or some whatever cool term who have no resilience and have been bubbled and shipped around due to covid - plus had to adapt to ongoing rule changes.
But it hasnt affected bellyaches mob.
They just keep rolling along whilst the 12 at the other end rol out embarrassment after embarrassment.
Most if not all have had cricket scores put on them. Except for us.
We are disorganised to shitehouse but stay in games.
No 2nd phase at all.
No moving up in defence.
No running halves.
Poor kicking game.
Woeful mistackle count.
We tick every box yet get close most weeks.
Plus...our preparation is the pits. Hannay should be coaching bush league. Or under 17s. Tops.

My point: next year after we have cut the deadwood free and have a guy in charge who has seen how its done theres not a whole of tinkering to get a whole lot of improvement. The guys mentioned above as being horribly out of form lkoe ramien and talakai and nikora etc, l truly believe we wont believe their improvement under Fitz.
Cronk was asked what he would bring and he said toughness. First up. Toughness and no excuses and a demand to win.
The last 2 - 3 years has seen the very opposite of those expectations.
The bar has been lowered and guys have responded in kind. There is NO accountability. SJ will be named at 7 next week.....that is unless Fitz steps in and makes the proper call.

And what have you ever done that is hard? ya big flop.

Weaponhead

Coach
The Raiders bullied the Sharks last night. They dominated physically with and without the ball. It was a meek physical effort and only some nice attacking plays kept the Sharks competitive.

Too many Sharks players want finesse their way around the park. In a way they are smart to protect themselves to preserve their careers but is not going to win anything.