What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Mjab

Juniors
Much rather Kodi Nikorima
I agree and would much rather have him a more brilliant player and a good 14
Even Connor Watson

is he available next year, and or do they want offload him ??

Does he do any hooker time for them or just halves ?

They style of player we need IMO is a back utility/ half that can do hooker time maybe towards the end halves with fatigue and attacking ability as Macca has no attacking ability IMO

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Even Connor Watson

They style of player we need IMO is a back utility/ half that can do hooker time maybe towards the end halves with fatigue and attacking ability as Macca has no attacking ability IMO
Nathan Fein type…

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Even Connor Watson

This year he has played fullback, lock, half and hooker for the knights. he is the perfect 14 for us.

last week he rejected the knights offer, so he is unisigned for nrext year.

Watson is quiet tuff has well i don't think nikorima would be as well suited to the hooker role.

denis preston

First Grade
This year he has played fullback, lock, half and hooker for the knights. he is the perfect 14 for us.

last week he rejected the knights offer, so he is unisigned for nrext year.

Watson is quiet tuff has well i don't think nikorima would be as well suited to the hooker role.
Hasn't Watson been injured a lot at his time at the Knights ?

Old Timer

Coach
Why don’t we all just wait and see

Lots of people saying we were linked to this one and that one and many implying Hook is signing this one and that one because of this that and the other

Much of which has proven incorrect

Hook has a plan and it clearly won’t play out in the media and the S’ua signing is testimony to that

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Why don’t we all just wait and see

Lots of people saying we were linked to this one and that one and many implying Hook is signing this one and that one because of this that and the other

Much of which has proven incorrect

Hook has a plan and it clearly won’t play out in the media and the S’ua signing is testimony to that
and Molo signing; no one new about that either

kit66

Bench
Klemmer was that is the point..at Canterbury
Why do you think he is not in the landscape for origin anymore
Knights paid nearly a 1 mill a year for him...that is a worse overpayment than our Benny Hunt and in the class of a Norman like over payment
I'd rather Taupau than Klemmer and that is saying something as i dont want either for the $$$ their managers will demand

So you're agreeing with the other poster and saying Klemmer is " one of the worst forwards in the NRL " or you're saying that was the case when he played for the doggies ( not sure what you mean there ) ? No offence but that's bullsheep either way. He's been one of the best and most consistent forwards in the NRL for 8 years - and includes 19 Aus jerseys and 14 blue ones. His last year at the Dogs in 2018 he was their best by a country mile, averaging 180+ mtrs a game and playing a starring role in the 3 SOO's with a Blues series win. So I don't understand your sentiments. He wasn't picked for SOO this year but if he had been no-one would have complained and he wouldn't have let them down.
He's not on a Million a year either he's on $800K ( according to a reliable source - Zero Tackle ) and comparing his signing to Norman's signing ( and considering what we now know ) is, I don't want to be rude because I think you're smarter than that, but it's not too thoughtful really.
I doubt we'll get Klemmer because we seem to prefer cheap ruffies but if we did Newie might cough up some of his money and we'd get a tough, reliable forward who at 27 is better than anything we currently have on our books.
Klemmer 2021 - averages 160+ mtrs a game, has a ridiculous tackle efficiency of 97.8% - missing just 10 tackles in his 15 games this year. Has more mongrel than our whole pack combined with the exception of the mighty Sims. He's exactly what we need.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Klemmer was that is the point..at Canterbury
Why do you think he is not in the landscape for origin anymore
Knights paid nearly a 1 mill a year for him...that is a worse overpayment than our Benny Hunt and in the class of a Norman like over payment
I'd rather Taupau than Klemmer and that is saying something as i dont want either for the $$$ their managers will demand
Given that Klemmer has 2yrs to run on his Newcastle deal if they did want to offload him Newcastle would have to kick in some of salary which would make him very good value.

Otherwise I like a fully fit Burgess, he brings experience & mongrel.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

Must admit this guy is seriously agile for his build and weight and reminds me of a similar opportunity to Kite, Friz, Vaughan where they have a lot of runway and value into the future

you gotta think we would be doing everything we can to add him in 2022 if the Warriors were open to release

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors

Must admit this guy is seriously agile for his build and weight and reminds me of a similar opportunity to Kite, Friz, Vaughan where they have a lot of runway and value into the future

you gotta think we would be doing everything we can to add him in 2022 if the Warriors were open to release
Yeah I thought he looked pretty good on Friday night. His line speed was excellent