What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
I don't know why everyone is in a panic about Klemmer, no where in that article (from the unreliable mole) does it mention Saints are sniffing around him.

I was thinking just that myself Shaun , the way some of these chaps have been biting , it makes me wonder if they would make better fish than they would fisherman .

I wonder who the mongrel was that started it all ? 😳

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
I was thinking just that myself Shaun , the way some of these chaps have been biting , it makes me wonder if they would make better fish than they would fisherman .

I wonder who the mongrel was that started it all ? 😳
Somebody has got to get peoples' hopes up and somebody has got to get peoples' hopes down - depends on the rumour.

My rumour is that we will be signing someone from another club.

Dragon David

First Grade
Don't be so hard on yourself Gareth, Klemmer would be a great fit. The same sauce reckons Willie Mason is coming out of retirement and Saints are showing "substantial interest".
Old Willie, sorry Willie Mason is what we need at our club. He is (was) tough and uncompromising in his day when he was all hair!

Dragon David

First Grade
Rumour has it that he's back in training. He feels that he retired 5 seasons too early.
That's a rumour I have heard as well. We might get him to replace Vaughan. It would be interesting to see if he isn't a soft belly or pork belly as he thought our forwards were not tough enough. Well that hasn't changed!

BLM01

First Grade
So you're agreeing with the other poster and saying Klemmer is " one of the worst forwards in the NRL " or you're saying that was the case when he played for the doggies ( not sure what you mean there ) ? No offence but that's bullsheep either way. He's been one of the best and most consistent forwards in the NRL for 8 years - and includes 19 Aus jerseys and 14 blue ones. His last year at the Dogs in 2018 he was their best by a country mile, averaging 180+ mtrs a game and playing a starring role in the 3 SOO's with a Blues series win. So I don't understand your sentiments. He wasn't picked for SOO this year but if he had been no-one would have complained and he wouldn't have let them down.
He's not on a Million a year either he's on $800K ( according to a reliable source - Zero Tackle ) and comparing his signing to Norman's signing ( and considering what we now know ) is, I don't want to be rude because I think you're smarter than that, but it's not too thoughtful really.
I doubt we'll get Klemmer because we seem to prefer cheap ruffies but if we did Newie might cough up some of his money and we'd get a tough, reliable forward who at 27 is better than anything we currently have on our books.
Klemmer 2021 - averages 160+ mtrs a game, has a ridiculous tackle efficiency of 97.8% - missing just 10 tackles in his 15 games this year. Has more mongrel than our whole pack combined with the exception of the mighty Sims. He's exactly what we need.
Point 1. Not the worst but he is a shadow of his former intimidation and impact factor at the Dogs.
Point 2. Dont understand my sentiments?. You quoting 2018 (3 years ago) backs up my point
Point 3. was not in the radar for this year for SOO..so he would of never been picked
Point 4. Zero tackle reliable..okay..of course., but different sources say different things...our Benny Hunt can testify to that
Point 5. Dont hold back be rude..I dont mind
Point 6. I am not that smart but smart enough to not rely on paper to judge a player. Next time you watch Newcastle play, throw your stats away and watch his impact and speed in the game, regardless of hit ups and Yes he can play long minutes so he is fit..not enough
Not even in the Top 2 at his own club anymore..overtaken by the twins.

Now if I were to rank the current best props in the game today by watching what they offer...Klemmer I reckon would be around No 20 at best, my visual opinion not statistical..here is why
Do this exercise. Go through each club's Top 2 props and decide which ones would Klemmer displace..and then you can work out how high he ranks.
10 clubs at the Top of my head would not lose their best 2 for him.. I'll name them. Melb. Penrith, Parra,. Manly. Souths. Roosters. Titans. Cronulla when their best 2 are fit Uele and Hunt. Newcastle. Warriors
Of those other 6 clubs I did not mention how many would he displace from the No 1 prop...not Canberra,
That puts him at about No 20+

Not saying he would not add to our squad either..but he is not coming here anyway
but if he did.. only on half of Zero tackles reported salary then we have a deal.

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
Point 1. Not the worst but he is a shadow of his former intimidation and impact factor at the Dogs.
Point 2. Dont understand my sentiments?. You quoting 2018 (3 years ago) backs up my point
Point 3. was not in the radar for this year for SOO..so he would of never been picked
Point 4. Zero tackle reliable..okay..of course., but different sources say different things...our Benny Hunt can testify to that
Point 5. Dont hold back be rude..I dont mind
Point 6. I am not that smart but smart enough to not rely on paper to judge a player. Next time you watch Newcastle play, throw your stats away and watch his impact and speed in the game, regardless of hit ups and Yes he can play long minutes so he is fit..not enough
Not even in the Top 2 at his own club anymore..overtaken by the twins.

Now if I were to rank the current best props in the game today by watching what they offer...Klemmer I reckon would be around No 20 at best, my visual opinion not statistical..here is why
Do this exercise. Go through each club's Top 2 props and decide which ones would Klemmer displace..and then you can work out how high he ranks.
10 clubs at the Top of my head would not lose their best 2 for him.. I'll name them. Melb. Penrith, Parra,. Manly. Souths. Roosters. Titans. Cronulla when their best 2 are fit Uele and Hunt. Newcastle. Warriors
Of those other 6 clubs I did not mention how many would he displace from the No 1 prop...not Canberra,
That puts him at about No 20+

Not saying he would not add to our squad either..but he is not coming here anyway
but if he did.. only on half of Zero tackles reported salary then we have a deal.
1. So he's gone from " one of the worst " to around 15-20th best ". Interesting. Would you put any Dragons player above him on the list ?
2. Fair enough. It was your wording that I didn't understand.
3. Fair enough, they picked in form players and I applaud that. But he could still do the job if required.
4. Those other sources are likely journalists and commentators pulling numbers out of their arses, correct ? Zero Tackle has all the info in one place and it's probably closer to the mark than people who are notoriously given to exaggeration.
5. I save that for people who get all shirty and start name calling.
6. You're implying that I only judge a player on his stats, you couldn't be more wrong. If I'm defending or promoting a player it's because I like what I see on the field, I like the way he plays the game and what he does for his team and his history or potential. I just use stats and other info to back up what I'm saying and help get a point across. A bit of research always helps and hopefully it's appreciated by the people I'm discussing the issue with. I know I appreciate it from others.
You edited your post dammit. I read it before I had dinner and answered from memory. Bugger it I'm not re-writing it.

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
I don't know why everyone is in a panic about Klemmer, no where in that article (from the unreliable mole) does it mention Saints are sniffing around him.
The article on Zero Tackle yesterday mentions the Dragons. There's no panic, just the usual speculation and gossip. We all know we've buckleys of signing him anyway. This is how we pass the time, pathetic aint it.

BLM01

First Grade
1. So he's gone from " one of the worst " to around 15-20th best ". Interesting. Would you put any Dragons player above him on the list ?
2. Fair enough. It was your wording that I understand.
3. Fair enough, they picked in form players and I applaud that. But he could still do the job if required.
4. Those other sources are likely journalists and commentators pulling numbers out of their arses, correct ? Zero Tackle has all the info in one place and it's probably closer to the mark than people who are notoriously given to exaggeration.
5. I save that for people who get all shirty and start name calling.
6. You're implying that I only judge a player on his stats, you couldn't be more wrong. If I'm defending or promoting a player it's because I like what I see on the field, I like the way he plays the game and what he does for his team and his history or potential. I just use stats and other info to back up what I'm saying and help get a point across. A bit of research always helps and hopefully it's appreciated by the people I'm discussing the issue with. I know I appreciate it from others.
You edited your post dammit. I read it before I had dinner and answered from memory. Bugger it I'm note re-writing it.
1. Never said the worst. Vaughan I preferred over Klemmer but he is gone so not yet.
6. Good. you got to love research

We still need another front rower, even if we have got George Burgess. I am a Klemmer fan. I believe his form is down due to not getting along with O'Brien. At 27 years of age, great stats ever since he has played NRL, no reason why his best years aren't still ahead of him. I would prefer him over Finucane who's career is winding down. Let the Sharks spend the 2 mill required for his last 3 years. Could be another Josh Dugan like signing for them.

However, the one guy I would like us to dangle a carrot at over both of them props is tall, powerful, runs all day, and definitely has his best years ahead of him is Kamikamica. Not sure of his contract situation currently, but that doesn't seem to be a problem these days. The guy is a beast.