What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty

itsme

Juniors
I've said enough about Dufty and plenty have said a lot about him as well particularly his defensive lapses and other problems he has not been able to fix. I'm not too sure as to whether or not he will be able to play on both sides of the ball even if coached by either Bennett or Bellamy.

I just hope that we have plans to get somebody with speed in our squad to score those length of the field tries.

Anyway, Dufty is gone and not likely to return and we will just have to see what we have coming through in 2022.

We have been a very up and down club for so long now that I'm more or less getting used to it. So much drama has hit us in the past couple of years and I'm just hoping that the club becomes more consistent going forward and the players just concentrate on playing good footy and leaving the bad habits and attitudes behind them.
Bottom line is....you can't coach heart.

denis preston

First Grade
His fall back position is always going to be Super League and you would think that they would take him in a heartbeat. Appears that was not his choice and you would think that is costing him at least 200k a year. A strategic decision to back himself or like Norman won't play in England ?

Mjab

Juniors
Hopefully he'll have a few big games in order to redeem himself now that his future is decided.
sadly I suspect not , I think now he has a deal it will just be the average sort of shit we normally get ie rocks and diamonds . he will be pissed at the club and not give a shit . Nothing really to prove till next year. If my employer said see u later and I sorted something out for next year I would make an effort but not 110% effort TBH

blacksafake

First Grade
sadly I suspect not , I think now he has a deal it will just be the average sort of shit we normally get ie rocks and diamonds . he will be pissed at the club and not give a shit . Nothing really to prove till next year. If my employer said see u later and I sorted something out for next year I would make an effort but not 110% effort TBH
Well if so I'm sure he'll be dealt with by Hook. Plus it wont look good for his future employer seeing he's only on a one year contract.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
..or he could choose this opportunity to try and demonstrate a side of him in impressing his new employee, both in his character and on field performances and force Barrett and Gould to consider the best way to utilise him next year. He may also feel more relaxed now that his immediate future is somewhat settled and therefore we get a strong performance from him. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Drakon

Juniors
I like Duff but unfortunately among other things he says the wrong thing at times.

Like this:-
“Mum was worried about my welfare, as well. She calls me every day now. It is starting to get a bit annoying, but it is just because she loves me.”

Who would say that about their mum in a news article?

Also mentioned a few times about how he didn't want to burn bridges with Hook as he may end up being coached by him in the future. Just say 'I love the Dragons and I'm a professional and I'm going to try my hardest for the team I've always loved and get them in the finals'. Not the other stuff.

He doesn't have good history with the media.

SEAT 1A

Bench
..or he could choose this opportunity to try and demonstrate a side of him in impressing his new employee, both in his character and on field performances and force Barrett and Gould to consider the best way to utilise him next year. He may also feel more relaxed now that his immediate future is somewhat settled and therefore we get a strong performance from him. Fingers crossed.

I hope you are right Inisai as his career has been brought back to life by the Dogs and he should take notice of what went wrong at the Dragons and make the changes required however, I wouldn't bet my money on it.

Gareth67

First Grade
Agree with blacksafake and Inisai Toga that he should now go out and play his best footy , more so he knows that he has employment for next season , therefore as they would say in country rugby league ‘ go out and break a leg son and if that doesn’t to the job , then throw an arm in too ! ‘

qld redvee

Juniors
definitely he forgot the part where he said he wanted to pay everybody back . i couldnt believe it during the game yesterday where he once again did his classic defence strategy - go for the intercept so no tackling required . Just once I would have liked to see him commit to the ball runner and take him . Please lets have sloan for the rest of the year

Dragon David

First Grade
definitely he forgot the part where he said he wanted to pay everybody back . i couldnt believe it during the game yesterday where he once again did his classic defence strategy - go for the intercept so no tackling required . Just once I would have liked to see him commit to the ball runner and take him . Please lets have sloan for the rest of the year
Dufty is not putting his body on the line one bit and has not done so in the past. The Bulldogs surely can see his deficiencies and I just cannot see him changing his ways for any club.

I liked Dufty but now I am glad that he will be leaving.