What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No team has ever won the premiership after conceding 50pts in a regular season match

BranVan3000

Coach
If we can just beat Eels Panthers and Roosters by 50 in the coming weeks we can ensure a Sharks and Storm Grand Final again which everybody will love

Hello!!

images

yobbo84

First Grade
Is 50 really 50 anymore? It used to feel like a shellacking but sides like mine can play at half pace and score 50 these days.

Yes, I'm trying to talk myself around the inevitable!

Is 50 really 50 anymore? It used to feel like a shellacking but sides like mine can play at half pace and score 50 these days.

Yes, I'm trying to talk myself around the inevitable!
I think 50 is still 50. The fact that South can play at half pace and still score 50 says much more about the opposition than Souths.

There is a lot of chaff in the comp, which I think is a lot more to do with COVID/comp disruption than the new rules.

yobbo84

First Grade
I think 50 is still 50. The fact that South can play at half pace and still score 50 says much more about the opposition than Souths.

There is a lot of chaff in the comp, which I think is a lot more to do with COVID/comp disruption than the new rules.
Yeah. I think a lack of quality effects the better teams too. I mean 95% of games the Top 3 go into knowing they will win. Unfortunately instead of applying themselves for 80 mins my team goes "I know we're going to win so we'll just do what we need to do" and win in canter. They then play the same against the Top 2 and get belted.

We have Eels, Panthers and Roosters coming up so that'll show once and for all if we're a chance of losing the GF to Melbourne or if that'll still be the Panthers honour...

Yeah. I think a lack of quality effects the better teams too. I mean 95% of games the Top 3 go into knowing they will win. Unfortunately instead of applying themselves for 80 mins my team goes "I know we're going to win so we'll just do what we need to do" and win in canter. They then play the same against the Top 2 and get belted.

We have Eels, Panthers and Roosters coming up so that'll show once and for all if we're a chance of losing the GF to Melbourne or if that'll still be the Panthers honour...
Bennett‘s most likely treating your season like a Melbourne Cup run. We saw a late surge from your lot last year. Robbo did it with us in 18/19. It’s impossible to replicate what Melbourne are doing. They’re the only club that can ‘stay on it‘ for the length of the season. Bellamy seems to be the only coach that can be hard on his players and them responding positively.

Latest posts