What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

John Hamblin

Juniors
With Tom Turbo injured it MAY give Nathan a chance to win the Dally M. After 12 rounds Nathan 21 Turbo 15. Turbo has played 13 games and neither Nathan or Turbo scored any points in round 12. Turbo maximum points 36 but other players could have been taking points off him and I don't think he got maximum points
when Manly played Storm. Nathan had a great game against Roosters in round 15 and also played well this week. So its still there to be won. Cody Walker only had 8 points after round 8. Interesting!!
Cody had 8 points after 12 games.

murraymob

Coach
With Tom Turbo injured it MAY give Nathan a chance to win the Dally M. After 12 rounds Nathan 21 Turbo 15. Turbo has played 13 games and neither Nathan or Turbo scored any points in round 12. Turbo maximum points 36 but other players could have been taking points off him and I don't think he got maximum points
when Manly played Storm. Nathan had a great game against Roosters in round 15 and also played well this week. So its still there to be won. Cody Walker only had 8 points after round 8. Interesting!!
Cody has played all games bar one and given there recent form I would say he was getting high points and rightly so .I would be surprised if Walker is not the winner

Cody has played all games bar one and given there recent form I would say he was getting high points and rightly so .I would be surprised if Walker is not the winner
What are the rules now about suspensions and Dally M awards. I seem to recall Cody being suspended for at least a game earlier this year.

maple_69

Bench
I believe it’s 2 games worth of suspension for play related indiscretions disqualifies you. Nath was an off field indiscretion so it was irrelevant. Latrell is out for his kicking or whatever he did.

maple_69

Bench
Also boring lockdown night avoiding study.
Fun fact, we now have the second best record of all teams over the past 6 seasons. Our finals record is respectable and we have as much big game experience as any squad now considering Origin and Melbourne/Chook have lost some senior players.

also lol at Parra’s finals record. Surely Arthur has to go to get them to the next level.

Team - Reg season W/D/L (Finals W/L)
Melbourne - 121/0/31 (11/4)
Penrith - 94/1/51 (5/4)
Easts - 91/0/56 (7/3)
Souths - 84/0/62 (4/5)
Canberra - 81/1/64 (5/4)
Sharks - 81/1/64 (4/5)
Eels - 78/0/65(1/5)

Teams after this drop off a fair bit and I couldn’t be bothered. Everyone else has had at least 2 complete blow out seasons and are below 50%. Manly/Cows/Broncs probably next.

The_Frog

First Grade
What are the rules now about suspensions and Dally M awards. I seem to recall Cody being suspended for at least a game earlier this year.
Suspended after round 4 for striking Nick Meaney. One match only, but had a contrary conduct in the same match which was a fine and doesn't count. So Walker loses 3 points.

Fun fact, we now have the second best record of all teams over the past 6 seasons. Our finals record is respectable and we have as much big game experience as any squad now considering Origin and Melbourne/Chook have lost some senior players.

also lol at Parra’s finals record. Surely Arthur has to go to get them to the next level.

Penrith - 94/1/51 (5/4)
Easts - 91/0/56 (7/3)
Souths - 84/0/62 (4/5)
Canberra - 81/1/64 (5/4)
Sharks - 81/1/64 (4/5)
Eels - 78/0/65(1/5)

Teams after this drop off a fair bit and I couldn’t be bothered. Everyone else has had at least 2 complete blow out seasons and are below 50%. Manly/Cows/Broncs probably next.
The Storm are amazing.

I know they cheated the cap a number of years ago, but over the last 10 years they have done exactly what you would expect a top club to do int the salary cap era; lose quality players. Yet despite losing a few key pieces every year, they keep on winning. This year is amazing; losing Smith and big Tino and not even missing a beat.

They also haven’t bought a star for many years; most of the players in the squad debuted for the Storm.

A quality organisation.

Kilkenny

Coach

Penrith - 94/1/51 (5/4)
Easts - 91/0/56 (7/3)
Souths - 84/0/62 (4/5)
Canberra - 81/1/64 (5/4)
Sharks - 81/1/64 (4/5)
Eels - 78/0/65(1/5)

Thanks for those stats. Pretty amazing really.

I understand we all crave winning a GF, but at the same it’s also just nice to win games week to week, even more so when you can actually go to the games but I guess we’ll have to wait until 2022 before we get to enjoy that.

maple_69

Bench
Absolutely. As much as it would be nice to be able to go to games these last few years, having something really positive to look forward to every weekend when there’s not much else has been nice timing.
We’re really just a premiership away from this truly being the most successful period of our clubs history and it should just be the start.

pantherz9103

First Grade

Penrith - 94/1/51 (5/4)
Easts - 91/0/56 (7/3)
Souths - 84/0/62 (4/5)
Canberra - 81/1/64 (5/4)
Sharks - 81/1/64 (4/5)
Eels - 78/0/65(1/5)

Interesting stats. We've definitely turned a corner as a club in terms of producing a regular competitive NRL level team. Rather than missing out on the finals most seasons and finishing around 9th to 12th, which had been the norm for much of Penrith's history, we've now made finals in 5 of the last 6 seasons (actually 6 of the last 8 if you want to go back even further). This is now our best era in terms of consistently good ladder positions. I know we need to win a premiership or it doesn't feel all worth it but it's still a much better era to be supporting the Panthers now than in most eras I've followed them in over the last 30+ years.

Nealo 12

Bench
The Storm are amazing.

I know they cheated the cap a number of years ago, but over the last 10 years they have done exactly what you would expect a top club to do int the salary cap era; lose quality players. Yet despite losing a few key pieces every year, they keep on winning. This year is amazing; losing Smith and big Tino and not even missing a beat.

They also haven’t bought a star for many years; most of the players in the squad debuted for the Storm.

A quality organisation.
yeah absolutely , sometimes the penalty doesn't fit the crime