What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rnd 24 V Wests Tigers

MrBlack

Juniors
One of the most average players in the game. Not creative enough for the halves, doesn't have the running game to be a good centre. Tries hard occasionally but so ordinary.

Despite all that he is still their best player

Girds89

Bench
Strange that the Sharks couldn't develop him
Like a lot of forwards, he just kicked on a bit later. His last few years at cronulla you could see the potential and work ethic/rate. Cronulla just had a pretty stacked forward pack in his time there. Lewis retired end 2018, gal 2019, wades there.

Just takes some forwards til there 25/26 to hit there straps.

Nealo 12

Bench
Like a lot of forwards, he just kicked on a bit later. His last few years at cronulla you could see the potential and work ethic/rate. Cronulla just had a pretty stacked forward pack in his time there. Lewis retired end 2018, gal 2019, wades there.

Just takes some forwards til there 25/26 to hit there straps.
I probably should of rephrased it to Sharks couldn't see potential

mxlegend99

Referee
To'o in for Naden
JFH in for Huth

Both huge upgrades. But surprised Naden is now below Staines and May. And disappointed Critter is stuck on the wing again.

Michael Matral

Juniors
Pretty strong team there, after last week, I would try the Momo wing experiment again and put Crighton back to centre again. He still might on game day. Fish and Bizza, huge in's...oh boy, here we come!

Girds89

Bench
To'o in for Naden
JFH in for Huth

Both huge upgrades. But surprised Naden is now below Staines and May. And disappointed Critter is stuck on the wing again.
Wouldnt read to much inti the 18 to 21 or naden not being in it. He was always going to drop out when brian was back imo.

Id say that staines is in there for cover for edwards incase he fails his follow up hia assessments through the week. Id say if edwards fails staines will be #1 cause cleary obviously wants to give the critta momo combo time.

They must be pretty confident in to'o otherwise they wouldnt rush him.

Happy fish is back!!

Girds89

Bench
I know everyone is hating on critta being on the wing.

I think he coukd really be a brilliant option there in the run home. No secret hes a freak under kicks and is a huge leaper. His very tall too.

Maybe cleary is going to use him to kick too as an aerial threat.

We havent had a great catching winger to kick to for a while.

I know its not his strongest best position, but could be whats best for the side in thr run home.

Willing to give it a try.

WestyLife

First Grade
The only point of contention for me is the obvious Momo at centre but defensively it'll be good so I guess can't complain too much. I want Edwards to play because he's 2021 fullback in our strongest 17 but should be rested after the head knock.

Pretty strong team there, after last week, I would try the Momo wing experiment again and put Crighton back to centre again. He still might on game day. Fish and Bizza, huge in's...oh boy, here we come!

That only happened due to Edwards going off.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I know everyone is hating on critta being on the wing.

I think he coukd really be a brilliant option there in the run home. No secret hes a freak under kicks and is a huge leaper. His very tall too.

Maybe cleary is going to use him to kick too as an aerial threat.

We havent had a great catching winger to kick to for a while.

I know its not his strongest best position, but could be whats best for the side in thr run home.

Willing to give it a try.
Momo is the problem. He doesn't pass, it's been done to death but it's true. Think how easy Melbourne will shut that down

unKwn

Juniors
My concern is that Storm love to kick long downfield to Fox on the break or 20m restart, and without Staines we have no one to contest the chase. Pretty much just a free 6 points for storm

DinkyDi

Juniors
To'o in for Naden
JFH in for Huth

I would love to see Critter in a roaming role. Oh and Daine Laurie, and James Tamou, have not been named in the Tigers side? I wonder what injuries they have?

WestyLife

First Grade
My concern is that Storm love to kick long downfield to Fox on the break or 20m restart, and without Staines we have no one to contest the chase. Pretty much just a free 6 points for storm
Staines/Crichton/Cleary is our best right edge but what can you do.

One of the most average players in the game. Not creative enough for the halves, doesn't have the running game to be a good centre. Tries hard occasionally but so ordinary.
I think that is unfair; I think he always tries and has a very good running game. He isn’t elite by any standards, but someone with his skill set and work ethic would be welcome at the Panthers in my book (my bar for whether someone is ordinary or not).

Agree he has consistently been their best player. Like a lot of the Tiggers, Laurie included, needs to defend better.

Latest posts