What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured / Confirmed Signings

Frenzy.

Immortal
The problem with that is the Roosters (and probably plenty of other teams) would end up with players like Josh Morris effectively taking those spots - give good experienced players the spot as back up, rather than a youngster who is legitimately only earning that money and getting experience.
I do like the idea in principle though, would just need to have some sort of maximum games clause, though I’m sure clubs would then just put the likes of Morris in their normal squad and fill those spaces with youngsters who would have been in their squad anyway.

Don't mind a maximum game clause. In fact they could all be dev players. The NRL could give the clubs greater access to use them

Then we can have Dev round where everyclub has to play all their Dev players LOL LOL

R-15-3

Bench
Don’t think you will find many clubs exploiting it for seniors, most will want to try and wrap up the next gen players and give them the first grade experience and promise

Bob Scott

Juniors
Or put in an age limit along with max of games . I wonder how many young guys who were on the fringes have walked away because of the lack of games .

cb4

First Grade
Read that at fluffforever forum but not him although would not surprise. I'm thinking an outside back that Price was wrapped in at Warrington
The Wire have a couple of good outside backs in Toby King (25) and Josh Charnley (30)
Dont think either of them have what it takes to cut it out here though, sadly.
Mike Cooper is a prop that was always on everyones radar, but he is 33 now.
Daryl Clarke is the ace at Warrington, but he has knocked back a number of teams to stay in England. Gold Coast went hard at him, as did the Dogs and the Knights had a huge crack before getting JB.
Whiddop may be the only one we get, super cheap, close with Price and his wife and kids are in Sydney.
Waste of money though.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I think we've got enough halves for next year and can reassess for 2023 imo. Maybe we need better but already got enough on the books as it is.

See what they have and go from there.
Agree with this…. Widdop isn’t an upgrade on what we already have imo. Happy to see Tricky and Metcalf ply their trade with Nicho.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Clearly an unpopular decision but reckon Widdop is exactly what we need, for 1 year only though.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Let’s face it Moylan is out for half the season.

Leaves Hynes, Metcalf, Trindall, Tracey.
They have had how many first grade games in the halves combined?

Think we need a cheap old head.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I think the young blokes deserve a shot. Tricky has played what 6 or 7 games and Metcalfe has started once. I’d actually be pissed if we signed a journeyman for 1 year… Moyza fills that role. Spend it on a centre…we’ve got f**k all of them.

imasharkie

Coach
I think the young blokes deserve a shot. Tricky has played what 6 or 7 games and Metcalfe has started once. I’d actually be pissed if we signed a journeyman for 1 year… Moyza fills that role. Spend it on a centre…we’ve got f**k all of them.
Whatever happened with the Burns signing that was put out in here?
I'd like to see that happen.