What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks

Tiger05

First Grade
You would only let Brooks go if you knew that Hastings becomes better not let him go then Hastings has worse form then Brooks and we are back to square 1. Unfortunately there are no halfbacks growing on trees these days.

Brooks can play. He just isn't great. Happy to get rid of him but not until we know Hastings is the guy to fill that 7 role.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Many of us have agreed that Brooks should be moved to 5/8. If you look at the Ivan years where he won Halfback of the year, Benji did a lot of the organizing and Brooks became more of an attacking halfback (hence the Dally M points), especially close to the line.

The problem I have is that we think Hastings is going to be able to walk into the halfback role. There are a lot of qualities to Hastings that would allow him to be a great halfback for us, but there are so many unknown variables that it would be classic WT to hitch our wagon to him. E.g. what if he doesn't get along with the team? What if he can't implement Madge's game plan? What if he doesn't gel with Brooks/AD?

Then the real conundrum is AD...he deserves to be 6 more than any other player. He is the only player currently putting in 110% every game and that should be rewarded with the starting jumper.

With the news of Mbye leaving, the Cleary mess will finally be cleared by the end of this year. We need to back it up with some key signings in 2022, otherwise what is the point? We move Brooks on and we just keep that cash sitting around doing nothing with it?

I 100% agree we need someone like the Cheese at our club but I just don't see it happening

Tiger05

First Grade
Then the real conundrum is AD...he deserves to be 6 more than any other player. He is the only player currently putting in 110% every game and that should be rewarded with the starting jumper.

This is the issue but AD would play anywhere for us. He wants to play 6 but if you play him in the centres he won't complain.

I reckon play him in the centres because that allows us to play both Hastings and Brooks.

We need a pack of forwards who are going to get us going forward so I don't like Doueihi to 13.

AD will probably kill it anywhere though. He is a competitor. I'd make him captain.

This is the issue but AD would play anywhere for us. He wants to play 6 but if you play him in the centres he won't complain.

I reckon play him in the centres because that allows us to play both Hastings and Brooks.

We need a pack of forwards who are going to get us going forward so I don't like Doueihi to 13.

AD will probably kill it anywhere though. He is a competitor. I'd make him captain.
You guys are going to hate this, but I see a lot of JRey in AD; tries really hard and has moments of brilliance, and can lift a team. But to take the club to the next level he if one of the ‘pieces’ you put around classy players. I think he would do really well in the centres.

Could do worse than make him captain. Having said that Tamou will play well next year and inspire; his contract is up.

Tiger05

First Grade
You guys are going to hate this, but I see a lot of JRey in AD;

This guy was a worse signing for us than Packer and Mbye. He was terrible. You lost me once you said that.

I get what you are stating in that AD is a goer and at some point JR was as well. AD has a lot more to his game.

I think next year will be Tamou's last.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
Brooks tries but he just doesn’t have it in him to lead a side and control a game.
Hastings and AD would be my first choice 6&7 next season and Brooks to #9 ,as well as a back up to cover injuries .
Poor Brooksy, I posted a post in another thread about why I think Brooks is hard done by. Never had a decent edge backrower or centre standing next to him getting the shit smashed out of him
Week in week out, it has to effect his attack. Hard to be a half back when you and your pack getting bashed every single week and it’s been that way for a long time at the tigers

Brooksy and Madge to be moved on if the former starts his season like this year.

Hastings to replace Brooks.

Seibs, Morris, flanno or sheens to coach

If Brooksy survives, thence Hastings to Centre. He’s a very easy centre. Gildart to start round 1 in the centre’s.

Doogie stays in 5/8 for the term of his useful footy life

Norman to be signed on beer money off the bench centre/half as reserve and surprise threat.

Kiks and cheese as Marquee.

Possible Moylan utility for a year, the new Mbye.

Fordy20

Juniors
Poor Brooksy, I posted a post in another thread about why I think Brooks is hard done by. Never had a decent edge backrower or centre standing next to him getting the shit smashed out of him
Week in week out, it has to effect his attack. Hard to be a half back when you and your pack getting bashed every single week and it’s been that way for a long time at the tigers
Hard to outscore the opposition when your middles don't get you downfield and let the opposition stroll upfield.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Only stats that matter re: Brooks
8 years as our halfback = 0 finals appearances. You can blame everyone around him till you are hoarse in the throat.
HE IS A DUD!

stryker

First Grade
Andrew John’s or Jonathon Thurston could’ve been Tigers half back and it would’ve made no difference. One bloke can’t carry a team.
I’ve heard that argument before and it’s sentimental crap.
Both those guys carried their clubs for periods until players stood up.

Pezz70

Juniors
I’ve heard that argument before and it’s sentimental crap.
Both those guys carried their clubs for periods until players stood up.
They carried them nowhere, until
They had decent players around them. I’m no rap for Brooks these days, it’s not hard to see where his game fall down, his 5th tackle choices would be close to the worst of any half back in the game but he gets the raw prawn as far as being responsible for the rest of the teams shit standards

stryker

First Grade
Not true. They carried their sides to victories, and often single handedly kicked them to wins.
Once they put good players around them, many of whom these two made and developed, they won comps.
Under no circumstances would Brooks be capable of this.
He is the shot caller who doesn’t talk. He is a leader who hides out the back. He doesn’t run our attack. All he does is tackle, throw passes to players in worse positions than him and puts up species on the 5th.
Your mate Doohee is similar.

Pezz70

Juniors
Not true. They carried their sides to victories, and often single handedly kicked them to wins.
Once they put good players around them, many of whom these two made and developed, they won comps.
Under no circumstances would Brooks be capable of this.
He is the shot caller who doesn’t talk. He is a leader who hides out the back. He doesn’t run our attack. All he does is tackle, throw passes to players in worse positions than him and puts up species on the 5th.
Your mate Doohee is similar
There’s a lot worse problems than Doueihi and Brooks in the Tigers side.

stryker

First Grade
There’s a lot worse problems than Doueihi and Brooks in the Tigers side.
Well considering they are the first choice halves, and they cannot get us home against any side who put up a fight, I do consider them a serious problem. Maybe not our biggest problem (defence) or second biggest (attitude and aptitude) but it’s a concern.

Das Hassler

Bench
This guy was a worse signing for us than Packer and Mbye. He was terrible. You lost me once you said that.

I get what you are stating in that AD is a goer and at some point JR was as well. AD has a lot more to his game.

I think next year will be Tamou's last.

"Worse signing than packer"....how FFS?

Latest posts