What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

unKwn

Juniors
Foxsports have named Momo at number 9 on their best buys of the year list. I’m sure that will impress a number of his many fans on here!

I‘m surprised Sorensen wasn’t on the list, with his 102m and 24 tackles at 96% per game coming off the bench. But he only seems to get noticed by Penrith fans .

Daine Laurie is number 3 On the list.

PAUL MOMIROVSKI (Panthers)

The man who went the other way in Laurie swap, Momirovski went straight into the Panthers’ starting side.

Only a suspension after Round 7 and an injury in Round 14 kept him out of Ivan Cleary’s side.

Momirovski’s versatility has proved invaluable for the Panthers as injuries have bitten the Penrith backline.

The centre has six tries in 13 games, has also laid on five try assists including two well-weighted kicks that led to the Mountain Men’s surge in the win over the Rabbitohs last Friday.
They also predicted us for the wooden spoon in 2020 🤣

mxlegend99

Referee
Shows the quality of Newscorp journalism
Yeah he was dropped for a period of time. Unbelievable the gets recalled so the better right centre can play wing instead. We were absolutely flying. Yet Ivan lost faith in his team because of form through the Origin period.

Happy to experiment to improve a position. But not if it's at the expense of another position.

Our best centre pairing is Burton and Crichton. To'o is our best winger. Experiment with that other wing if we must but not by weakening centre.

Crashtest

Juniors
We were absolutely flying. Yet Ivan lost faith in his team because of form through the Origin period.

Happy to experiment to improve a position. But not if it's at the expense of another position.

I don’t think Ivan has lost faith in his team, just in using Staines for the finals and grand final.

So he needs to find a new RHS combination. I’d much prefer a Momo/Crichton RHS for the finals, than a Crichton/Naden, or Crichton/May. It just gives us a better chance of stopping the strong LHS attack of Souths, Manly and Storm.

Plus even though he gets hammered on here, Momo has still had a decent year. He has 6 tries, 6 try assists, 40 tackle breaks, and 6 line breaks in 13 games, and tackling at 89% efficiency.

maple_69

Bench
I think if Crichton and Momo were switched everyone would be content enough. It's a solid enough defensive pairing but Critta has shown more ability to put his winger away than Momo. Unless we start targeting the wing with cross field kicks rather than the centre/edge forward as we do currently (very rare we go aerial this year anyway) I don't see the benefit. It's not like Souths, Melbourne or Manly have dangerous aerial targets on the left we need to worry about defending either.

BxTom

Bench
I think if Crichton and Momo were switched everyone would be content enough. It's a solid enough defensive pairing but Critta has shown more ability to put his winger away than Momo. Unless we start targeting the wing with cross field kicks rather than the centre/edge forward as we do currently (very rare we go aerial this year anyway) I don't see the benefit. It's not like Souths, Melbourne or Manly have dangerous aerial targets on the left we need to worry about defending either.
I'm guessing that perhaps Edwards may have another week off to get him through HIA protocols. If that is the case, expect Momo to be on the wing again.

Kilkenny

Coach
I'm guessing that perhaps Edwards may have another week off to get him through HIA protocols. If that is the case, expect Momo to be on the wing again.
I think Edwards will be fine to play and I hope he does for the benefit of our combinations as it sort of appears maybe Ivan has settled on his preferred backline which is the one selected for this weeks game.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think Edwards will be fine to play and I hope he does for the benefit of our combinations as it sort of appears maybe Ivan has settled on his preferred backline which is the one selected for this weeks game.

HIAs should be a mandatory one week

Kilkenny

Coach
HIAs should be a mandatory one week
Perhaps they should be, but given his head knock was apparently on the lesser side of any serious concussion, 9 day turnaround I’m thinking he will play. I’m only guessing thou and assume if he is 100% then it would be the preferred option for him to play.

Kilkenny

Coach
Is he any good?
He is very good at the levels he has played at thus far in his short career. He’s had a taste of men’s footy in NSW Cup.

The reality is very, very few juniors ever make it into the NRL and the average NRL career is less than 50 games for those who do.

Hopefully our Covid woes will be more manageable once we reach our vaccination goals which will allow for a full season of NSW Cup next season. A full season playing against men in NSW Cup and we should get a better idea whether he is capable of graduating into the NRL.

Kilkenny

Coach
1. Lachlan Coote, 2. Zoram Watene, 3. Greg Waddell, 4. William Isa, 5. Michael Mate, 6. Wade Graham, 7. Luke Clydesdale, 8. Sam Mckendry, 9. Lancen Joudo, 10. Todd Grace, 11. Daniel Penese, 12. Mitchell Cahalane, 13. Tinirau Arona, 14. Jesse Sene-Lefoa, 15. Tim Glasby, 16. Everett Vaurasi, 17. Travis Marshall, 18. Kyro Forrester, 19. Adam Simpson, 20. Joseph Taefu, 21. Mitchell Allgood.
This was our 2007 Harold Matt’s GF winning side absolutely stacked with talent.

Everett Vaurasi represented the Junior Kanga Roos and watching him in the juniors you would have been convinced he would have killed it in the NRL. Never played a game.

Sometimes you just dont know which ones will make it and which ones wont.

DinkyDi

Juniors
He is very good at the levels he has played at thus far in his short career. He’s had a taste of men’s footy in NSW Cup.

The reality is very, very few juniors ever make it into the NRL and the average NRL career is less than 50 games for those who do.

Hopefully our Covid woes will be more manageable once we reach our vaccination goals which will allow for a full season of NSW Cup next season. A full season playing against men in NSW Cup and we should get a better idea whether he is capable of graduating into the NRL.
How old?